Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 05:15 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,388,770 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have info on this community? We have been getting mailings about reduced lot prices. We would be interested in knowing about the traffic in this area (I am not sure exactly where this community is) and how close it is to the beach. Apparently the Waccamaw River goes out to the Atlantic? Any info would be helpful. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 06:12 PM

882 posts, read 3,541,341 times
I can tell you it's on Hwy 90 a between Hwy 22 and Hwy 9 which puts it closer to North Myrtle Beach than Myrtle Beach, especially once the NMB Connector opens..

Hwy 90 has traffic but nothing that I would consider overwhelming. I travel Hwy 90 several times a week. The next time I'm passing by I'll make it a point to swing in and check the community out.

One of the questions I would have.. are you locked into using a select number of builders or are you allowed to choose your own?

Old 12-18-2008, 06:25 PM

Thanks for the response rrufast. I prefer to be closer to NMB. I don't know about the builder but the advertisement says that you can buy the lot and have no time limit to build. I will try to find out about the builder and post it. Thanks.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:25 PM

I stand corrected. I was thinking about another newer development closer to NMB. I just drive by River's Edge today and noticed that the entry is a nice looking rock themed entry. I didn't have my camera and I was already running behind so I wasn't able to stop in and take pictures. I should be able to get outy there one day next week to see what's it's like.

Also, this development is situated off the Waccamaw River, which ties into the Intracoastal Waterway which then ties into the ocean at the jetties in NMB.. or down at Winyah Bay.

Old 12-20-2008, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
I stand corrected. I was thinking about another newer development closer to NMB. I just drive by River's Edge today and noticed that the entry is a nice looking rock themed entry. I didn't have my camera and I was already running behind so I wasn't able to stop in and take pictures. I should be able to get outy there one day next week to see what's it's like.

Also, this development is situated off the Waccamaw River, which ties into the Intracoastal Waterway which then ties into the ocean at the jetties in NMB.. or down at Winyah Bay.
Thanks for taking a look. Lots start at 49K. Is this a good price and should the lot be waterfront for that price? Also, is this a good place to be?

Old 12-20-2008, 09:44 AM

78 posts, read 294,725 times
Hi , I just looked at there website & it looks like a nice small setup,it looks like its near caolina forest in which I'm interested in because people claim the school system is ok. I was wondering if the amenitys are in or is is just beginning....thanx for any info

Old 12-20-2008, 12:26 PM

River's Edge is in not in the Carolina Forest school District. It's in the Blackwater School district if I'm not mistaken. It's a new Elem school.. I do know that much..

Lot's for Waterfront will not be $49k. Intro prices on developer inventory are most often the out of the way lots, not the prime lots...

NJRelocating-
Not sure about the amenities. I'll try and get in there next week and see what's going on.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:16 PM

5,291 posts, read 6,236,501 times
The Waccamaw River comes from Lake Waccamaw in NC, accross the NC line, into conway, merges with the ICW in Bucksport (or more specifically the Waterway was dug to incorporate that piece of the river) and finally feeds into the Winyah bay along with the Pee Dee rivers and Black River. So getting to the Atlantic from the Highway 90 portion of the Waccamaw is going to take a couple of hours.

You'll also want to drive Highway 90 at the times of day you'll use to decide if you are OK with it. I grew up in that area and a lot of people are complaining bitterly about the level of traffic it sees but others gladly move to subdivisions on 90 so it may simply be a matter of perspective.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:33 PM

215 posts, read 546,247 times
I've lived in a subdivision on 90 near 22 for over 4 years and have never, ever been concerned with traffic. I go in and out at all different times of the day and week. Really like it out here. It's like country yet with Hwy's 22 and 31 nearby we can zip into NMB, MB, Conway or Carolina Forest quickly.

Even Loris but I don't know what for

Have a friend who lives on the Waccamaw off 90. The river has flooded her house and area serveral times in the last few years. Her house is on stilts but when it happens sometimes it's in the middle of the night or while you're at work and you lose alot of yard and under the house things. Also you lose your driveway and road for days or even weeks.

Me, after seeing what she and her neighbors go through at times I wouldn't want a house on the river there.

David

Last edited by dlcamp; 12-22-2008 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: add name

Old 01-07-2009, 10:35 AM

80 posts, read 323,332 times
Default River's Edge

I think you are all thinking about River Oaks Plantation, not River's Edge. River's Edge, if I am not mistaken, is in Shallote, NC, about a half hour above the state line. I agree that $49,000 is likely to get you a small lot in an out of the way spot, wooded at best, naked at worst. Word of caution about communities that have not sold out; often, people who originally bought properties there have them on the re-sale market for lower prices than the developer is offering for similar lots. But the developer's agents are often not inclined to tell you that. Best to engage a local real estate agent with access to the MLS (multiple list) to give you some comparables....If I can be of service in recommending a local agent (I know a few), please let me know. As an alternative, Ocean Ridge Plantation is closer to NMB, although I doubt you will find anything in the $49K category. Last week, I visited the wonderful Thistle Club community in Sunset Beach and learned they are dropping their prices slightly (although excluding the previously offered free membership in the excellent Thistle Golf Club). Lots begin in the $200s.

Larry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area