Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2013, 09:43 AM

741 posts, read 1,752,683 times

Advertisements

From a real estate "Location Location Location" principle, How good is Waterford Plantation as a neighborhood for buying a home from resale value perspective...

I see it has nice trees, HOA facilities - tennis courts, playground, pool etc.,, double sided walkways etc.,
It is also closer to highways, shopping, good schools, hospitals etc.,

However, it appears there is a railway track close by and it is in the path of Airplane landing??

Do you think their positives outweigh negatives?

What neighborhoods do you think is better than Waterford plantation from Location RE value perspective
in Myrtle Beach - Conway area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 10:07 PM

285 posts, read 639,524 times
In my opinion it's not a good location. The reason is Rt 501 is a nightmare. I don't think any of the neighborhoods along 501 have done well or will do well in terms of appreciation. Just down the road Wild Wing closed down three courses 7 years ago and they only have a few homes in the community cause nobody wants to buy along 501. Because of that, however, if you do want to buy there and don't mind the traffic nightmares, then you can get a lot of house for the dollar in Waterford.

IMO, better locations would be at Plantation Point (Myrtlewood) and the sub-divisions of Carolina Forest that are near International Drive or Grissom Pkwy (The Bluffs). These areas don't have to deal with 501 traffic snarls but have good bangs for the buck and are located close to hospitals, good schools, etc.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:56 PM

161 posts, read 330,289 times
Just shows you that is all in what you want, and what your experience is. I think it is a good location and right now the lots are selling quite well in there. ( a price increase is getting ready to kick in for lots from the developer) From Carolina Forest Blvd., you can get onto Rte 31 very easily to get to points north and south. Yes, 501 into Conway can be a pain at certain times of the day, but there are plenty of times when I fly right up the road. We live off of 501 right now and the traffic is not as bad than what we came from in Maryland so it is all relative. Most of the neighborhoods are selling well now all along 501 - we know because we are in the process of looking ourselves for a forever home.

Old 12-13-2013, 04:26 PM

741 posts, read 1,752,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KavH View Post
Just shows you that is all in what you want, and what your experience is. I think it is a good location and right now the lots are selling quite well in there. ( a price increase is getting ready to kick in for lots from the developer) From Carolina Forest Blvd., you can get onto Rte 31 very easily to get to points north and south. Yes, 501 into Conway can be a pain at certain times of the day, but there are plenty of times when I fly right up the road. We live off of 501 right now and the traffic is not as bad than what we came from in Maryland so it is all relative. Most of the neighborhoods are selling well now all along 501 - we know because we are in the process of looking ourselves for a forever home.
I agree. I am currently living near 501 as well and traffic don't seems to be bothersome except certain times of the day... It is nothing compared to Los Angeles traffic I had experience with

Other than minor traffic issue, the area/neighborhood seems to be nice considering it is close to shopping, hospitals, schools, other highways like Hwy 31, Hwy 17, Hwy 544, International Drive etc.,

Hwy 501 From Carolina Forest Blvd to Myrtle Beach.... is better with backing up of traffic only in the 2 traffic lights (one at Walgreens and another near Tanger outlet)

While Hwy 501 from Carolina Forest Blvd to Conway... there is backing up of traffic in the 3 traffic lights (one each at CVS, Lowes and CCU, if we can go through Gardner Lacy Road). If needed, one can always go to Hwy 544 from Gardner Lacy Road/Myrtle Ridge Drive... to go to Conway

Hope they construct over bridge in these 5 points/intersections (Tanger, Walgreens, CVS, Lowes and CCU) instead of additional lanes. I think that would make 501 a real highway and certainly ease up the traffic.

Last edited by spalam01; 12-13-2013 at 04:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area