Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 11:41 AM

16 posts, read 37,877 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

I will be buying a home in the Surfside Beach area and have pinpointed some great buys in the Deerfield Plantation. Can anyone give me their opinions on this area? I would like to hear them all good and bad.

Wil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 12:32 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,118,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieV View Post
Hello Everyone,

I will be buying a home in the Surfside Beach area and have pinpointed some great buys in the Deerfield Plantation. Can anyone give me their opinions on this area? I would like to hear them all good and bad.

Wil
I don't know how it happened but a lot of Deerfield has deteriorated badly. It is a shame because the houses aren't cookie cutter and are on large lots.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:25 PM

Can you define your use of the word deteriorated? Are we talking water damage, crime, etc?

Old 02-21-2014, 01:44 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,118,890 times
Quote:
Can you define your use of the word deteriorated? Are we talking water damage, crime, etc?
Let me rephrase, not a lot of Deerfield but some of the neighborhood has physically deteriorated.

I don't know of any crime but pockets of homes that aren't taken care of. Makes parts of the neighborhood look trashy.

Have you spoken to your realtor about this?

Old 02-21-2014, 02:38 PM

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not a huge stickler on neighboring yards as long as there isn't drug and crime statistics accompanying said trashy yards. There's normally a trashy here or there. Using Google street view is always tough cause one never knows how old the imagery is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Have you spoken to your realtor about this?
No I am in the early stages and still looking for a good realtor and mortgage broker. It's a time consuming process being at the distance that I am. I have talked to a couple and will ask one of the ones I have to send me some shots of a few of the adjacent blocks at least.

Thanks for the input

Wil

Old 02-21-2014, 04:50 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,781,279 times
https://www.google.com/search?q=deer...w=1280&bih=653

Find Real Estate, Homes for Sale, Apartments & Houses for Rent - realtor.com® and search that area.

Zillow, waste of time except pics but the site is updated slowly and house values are incorrect.

Dont know the update to this story, its from 2008 but might want to check into. Deerfield homeowners file lawsuit against Horry County and developer - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

There are so many mortgage companies here and I've dealt with many, in business but also for myself. So far the best experience I've had and some clients have been Quicken Loans. I know surprise but every time have been quick, effecient and good rates, so might want to research at least and see what they say. Good luck!

Old 02-21-2014, 05:26 PM

Yes it is pictures like that that have my eye in the first place. I would be VERY interested to know the outcome of those lawsuits. Thanks for the lead.

I was trying to stay away from the big mainstream mortgage companies and trying to keep it more local there. Honestly feeding the local companies is good for local economy. Better the local economy the better across the board for life in that town. And since I'm wanting to live there.... yah you get the picture. Thanks again.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/201...deerfield.html

Last edited by WillieV; 02-21-2014 at 05:41 PM..

Old 02-21-2014, 06:53 PM

Anybody know how much the cost of the Deerfield HOA is per year and what their rules and regulations are?

Wil

Old 02-21-2014, 08:03 PM

214 posts, read 261,337 times
Default HOA fees

They are around 45 bucks per month . Check out Century 21 Boling , it's pretty much the best website because it maps , HOA fees and amenities .

Old 02-22-2014, 06:51 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,781,279 times
Quote:
Yes it is pictures like that that have my eye in the first place. I would be VERY interested to know the outcome of those lawsuits. Thanks for the lead.

I was trying to stay away from the big mainstream mortgage companies and trying to keep it more local there. Honestly feeding the local companies is good for local economy. Better the local economy the better across the board for life in that town. And since I'm wanting to live there.... yah you get the picture. Thanks again.

Golf could return to Deerfield Plantation | Myrtle Beach Online - Golf News | MyrtleBeachOnline.com
I agree and shop local also but have had many ppl disappointed with some local offices, inc. myself. This is why I suggested it. Besides that, its a local person you would deal with even if you used Quicken Loans. They need a job too. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area