Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 08:22 AM

3 posts, read 9,862 times

Advertisements

I was planning on moving to that development. Can anyone tell me if the river deep enough for a 21 foot bass boat or a 24 foot pontton boat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 04:46 PM

882 posts, read 3,537,044 times
The river is plenty deep enough for both boats. Many folks from the Conway area enjoy the Waccamaw on a regular basis.. Since I'm close to the ICW, I rarely get out that way via water.

You said you *were* planning on moving into that development. Have you changed your mind?

Old 12-28-2009, 05:00 AM

We are still planning on moving to the Myrtle Beach area, but having a difficult time deciding on a development. I like Rivers Edge Plantation and my wife likes Heritage Preserve. If I had a little more money I would actually like to move to Murrells Inlet.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:15 AM

I understand... Heritage Preserve seems to be a bit more developed, in that there are more homes already in place, but it looks to me that Rivers Edge is a bit nicer with water access to boot..

Regardless of what you decide and where you wind up, I hope that you and the wife enjoy owning and living in the area!

Old 02-09-2010, 07:45 AM

Default Flooding

I saw on the Myrtle Beach weather report that the Waccamaw River was going to be at flood stage. Does that effect the area around Rivers Edge Plantation?

Old 02-18-2010, 07:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,072 times
I bought a lot around two years ago in River's Edge Plantation. We are slow to hear about any updates as far as progress. Someone posted a comment that he or she lives there. It would be great if they could give some updates to any new progress, like the clubhouse and the pool. The agency that collects our dues does not give out too many updates as far s the progress s going. Thanks

Old 02-19-2010, 03:25 AM

Just saw this post again..

The grade of the waterfront lots that *I* have seen at REP don't appear to be in any danger of flooding unless their is an incredibly huge flood stage.. Granted, I have not seen all the waterfront lots, but based on the ones I have seen, I wouldn't worry too much over it.

The county has also greatly improved the storm water management plan post Hurricane Floyd.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,277 times
Default Lot Owner

Proud to say that I have a lot in Rivers Edge Plantation and will build by April 2014.
The water level has been low enough (about 4' lower than today's level) in Lake Tilley that care must be taken with engine raised. The water level has been high enough that the upper boat launch dock was under water. (about 12' higher than today's level)
A good skipper will always make the shore.
The ammenity center is done. The neighbors are great. The neighborhood is quiet , friendly and peaceful.
The present flood map is "X" - 100 year flood for building lots. Building is picking up.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,031 times
Looks like a nice development What are the HOA fees monthly? How long does a trip to Murrells Inlet take from here? Being close to the river, how expensive is the home owners insurance? danb@innernet.net

Old 04-22-2018, 06:24 AM

35 posts, read 89,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas McClain View Post
I saw on the Myrtle Beach weather report that the Waccamaw River was going to be at flood stage. Does that effect the area around Rivers Edge Plantation?
Not at all. I live across the street from the boat ramp. I could literally throw a rock to the edge of the river. During hurricane Matthew last year and the 100 year flood the year before the water didn't even come close to my house. It'd have to have gone up another 25 to 30 feet to even come near my house and if that ever happened a handful of other homes on the river front lots would be nearly submerged before it came knocking on my doorstep. It's very high up here and a nice community. My wife and I are looking to move though mainly because we need a bigger home with the five kids getting bigger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area