Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 09:38 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
I don't know why the Inlet Mall is not considered for where some of these "new" stores will go it? It is there, needs help and is a perfect location.
Would Inlet Square Mall be good for Trader Joe's?

Publix will have a store nearby in Surfside Beach when Bi-Lo #5104 closes. If southern Murrells Inlet grows, that could be an opportunity for a future store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC here I come View Post
I don't know for sure....I didn't see the email that was sent out to us Prince Creek residents. It would be kind of silly to add another drug store directly across the street from CVS. But, that's seems to be the MO of these drug & grocery stores.
Not only is Publix the largest grocery chain in the southeastern United States with 1,103 stores, it is also one of the largest drugstore chains nearing 1,000 pharmacy locations.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:48 AM

Publix is mentioned in a report to be considering a store in the south end of Myrtle Beach. (Gresci, Lisa. "Business opportunity grows in the Grand Strand." Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: WMBF-TV. 2015-10-21.) I wonder if Publix is considering a store near Market Common.

Old 10-29-2015, 07:27 AM

161 posts, read 329,906 times
That was the report I read ---on the south end on Conventry Blvd.

Old 10-29-2015, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KavH View Post
That was the report I read ---on the south end on Coventry Blvd.
Would the planned development it could be a part of be located on the northeast or the southeast corner with Highway 17?

Further reading:
Hudson, Audrey. "Publix plans new store near The Market Common." The Sun News. 2015-10-20.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC here I come View Post
Heard a Publix is coming to Murrells Inlet right across the street from Lowes food ( next to Prince Creek entrance )
It appears Publix is coming to Murrells Inlet indeed as the anchor of Prince Creek Village. ("Prince Creek Village, Murrells Inlet, South Carolina.")

I am unaware of updates in regards to future store locations:
  • Highway 17 and Coventry Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
  • Surfside Beach Commons, Surfside Beach, South Carolina: Retail center is owned by Publix Super Markets. Bi-Lo #5104, 1610 Highway 17 South, Surfside Beach, South Carolina 29575-6037, is the anchor.

Old 12-18-2015, 03:27 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,892,001 times
I love Publix, in fact I drive from Surfside to Pawleys to shop there, but putting another in Murrells seems like overkill. I never find the one in Pawleys overly crowded so another so close seems silly. If someone lives in Murrells Inlet and wants to shop at Publix it is just a hop, skip and a jump away. We are already plastered with supermarkets. If they want to put another, I think it would make more sense to locate it more central between the two we already have .... just my two cents ... obviously they didn't consult with me on the subject.

Old 12-18-2015, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
I love Publix, in fact I drive from Surfside to Pawleys to shop there, but putting another in Murrells seems like overkill. I never find the one in Pawleys overly crowded so another so close seems silly. If someone lives in Murrells Inlet and wants to shop at Publix it is just a hop, skip and a jump away. We are already plastered with supermarkets. If they want to put another, I think it would make more sense to locate it more central between the two we already have .... just my two cents ... obviously they didn't consult with me on the subject.
There is no doubt Publix is further expanding in Horry County. The market could see a shift of inferior participants departing as superior participants and specialty/organic grocers increase market share.

Old 12-18-2015, 03:43 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,892,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
... The market could see a shift of inferior participants departing as superior participants and specialty/organic grocers increase market share.
I would be thrilled to see Walmart depart! I would throw them a going away party!

Old 12-18-2015, 03:57 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,540,797 times
It must be the "working class" genes I have inherited, but I like Walmart. Well, not all Walmarts. I do not like the one in Brick NJ. Just something about it (and the location). However I do like the Garden City SC one. The Myrtle Beach and the Surfside ones not so much. In Naples FL we have a Publix very near. I walk by it everyday (and use the restrooms if needed). But I still drive either 3 miles North or 2 miles South to the Walmart or Walmart Marketplace to buy what I cannot get at Costco. I think Publix's prices are generally too high (yes, I am cheap).

What I cannot understand is the logic of putting Walmart Marketplace store at Tournament and 17 Bypass? The Garden City Walmart is close enough for me!

My favorite food store is, and probably will always be, ShopRite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area