Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 01:52 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,353,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Although I have not been to Texas and into H-E-B, I am quite familiar with Texas' dominant supermarket chain.

Publix is a privately held, employee owned company operating 1,093 stores as of Wednesday, 19 November. Focus on customer service, necessities, quality products and low prices is standard throughout Publix. Publix's delicatessen is known for sub sandwiches. Publix's pharmacy, nearing 1,000 locations, is known for free antibiotic and other category prescribed drugs and constant customer satisfaction.
The bakery at Publix is also very good for cakes and in-store baked bread. And their fried chicken is very good. But their price point is a bit on the high end, especially compared to Walmart. Unless you shop the sale items or the BOGO items. And the Publix brand items are usually more reasonably priced and good quality products. But overall a very good store focused on excellent customer service.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 01:55 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,353,822 times
I can't remember if they have Harris Teeter in the Grand Strand area? Also a nice higher end store. And are there any Piggly Wiggly stores remaining or were the all sold to Bi-Lo and HT?

Old 11-20-2014, 08:53 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,236,505 times
Default Harris Teeter and Piggly Wiggly in Myrtle Beach

Harris Teeter is not in Myrtle Beach, but it is present in Charleston and Florence in South Carolina and Fayetteville and Wilmington in North Carolina. Kroger is present in Myrtle Beach.

I assume Kroger's Myrtle Beach stores are still operating within its Atlanta Division, and Harris Teeter operates as its separate division. Both banners would be serviced by different distribution centers if it is the case.

Not all Piggly Wiggly Carolina Company stores were divested to Bi-Lo and Harris Teeter. Bi-Lo acquired 22 locations. Harris Teeter acquired seven locations. Piggly Wiggly Carolina Company has closed its distribution centers, sold its retail wholesaling operations to C&S Wholesale Grocers, and is selling its corporate owned stores to independent owners/operators.

Piggly Wiggly Carolina Company has six Myrtle Beach area stores remaining:
  • #6, 1700 North Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29577-3649
  • #24, 22 Highway 17 North, Surfside Beach, South Carolina 29575-6035
  • #44, 1620 Highmarket Street, Georgetown, South Carolina 29440-3123
  • #80, 15 West Ashland Street, Andrews, South Carolina 29510-2543
  • #93, 365 S Georgetown Highway, Johnsonville, South Carolina 29555-8081
  • #134, Market Commons, 1220 Moser Drive, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29577-1575
Piggly Wiggly Carolina Company stores #24 and #134 are presently owned and operated by Piggly Wiggly Carolina Company itself, and are in the process of being sold to independent owner/operators as the company gradually ceases operations. Piggly Wiggly Carolina Company stores #6, #44, #80 and #134 are independently owned and operated, and they use the Piggly Wiggly name.

Old 11-22-2014, 11:52 AM

215 posts, read 544,964 times
Went to the new Publix last night in N.M.B. It is an awesome grocery store. We left with bags filled with some real specials (example: Domino 4#bag of sugar $1.50). Everyone was very nice (expected) and helpful with finding things.

We will go back although we live in the Forestbrook area and it's a haul. Waiting for the 3rd one which will be built in the Gander Mt. shopping center I guess.

Old 11-23-2014, 11:06 AM

Publix opening a store in either Carolina Forest or Forestbrook would be news to me. I would definitely not rule out a Publix locating in this community.

As Publix owns Surfside Beach Commons now, I think the existing Bi-Lo #5104 will become the third Publix store in the Myrtle Beach area.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:08 PM

Default Publix at Forest Square, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcamp View Post
We will go back although we live in the Forestbrook area and it's a haul. Waiting for the 3rd one which will be built in the Gander Mt. shopping center I guess.
Publix at Forest Square is confirmed at Publix's Myrtle Beach locations page locating at the southeast corner of Carolina Forest Boulevard and Postal Way. The third Publix store in the Myrtle Beach area, it will open in 2016.

Suggested Reading:

Old 11-24-2014, 10:23 PM

215 posts, read 544,964 times
Another Publix is coming to the Grand Strand

Thursday, November 20, 2014
By WMBF News StaffEmail
Connectwebmaster@wmbfnews.com

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – Another Publix Super Market is coming to the Grand Strand, this time in the Carolina Forest area of Horry County.
The company announced the Publix at Forest Square will be located on the southeast corner of Carolina Forest Boulevard and Postal Way, and is scheduled to open in 2016.
The store will be built from the ground up, the company announced in a news release.
This announcement came just days after Publix opened its first store in the Grand Strand, at the Coastal North Town center in North Myrtle Beach.
Some features of the store are a deli, bakery, wine area and prep section with free recipes and samples.
Part of Publix setting up shop here, is embedding itself in the community. Of the 150 employees it hired,100 are locals. On Tuesday, it even donated money to local schools.
For more on the NMB Publix, head to: http://myrtlebeach.publix.com/

WOW! The traffic there is already horrendous! I can't imagine how it will be with the new Publix opening up.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:48 PM

13,371 posts, read 27,030,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcamp View Post
MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – Another Publix Super Market is coming to the Grand Strand, this time in the Carolina Forest area of Horry County........
Some features of the store are a deli, bakery, wine area and prep section with free recipes and samples.
Does Publix offer deliveries or online shopping? What else makes people get so enthusiastic about Publix?

How does is compare with Wegmans?

Old 11-25-2014, 02:04 PM

Publix offers online ordering for its delicatessen, but it does not provide delivery or online shopping services.

Many shop at Publix because it maintains a high level and standard of quality products and fresh foods, necessities, convenience, low prices, and excellent customer service.

I have not been inside a Wegman's to make a fair comparison.

Old 11-26-2014, 05:48 PM

168 posts, read 349,981 times
Wegman's is an entirely different store and I have not encountered anywhere in NC or SC that compares. I wish there was one closer than Virginia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area