Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 08:34 AM

747 posts, read 1,684,942 times

Advertisements

So after three long years or trying, my hubby and I are finally moving to MB. We are so thrilled and overjoyed. We had a lot of ups and downs, but mostly downs over the three years of trying. It'd hard to find just the right place in a sea of money hungry people, slummy places to live and tons of rules and fees I FINALLY found our diamond in the rough. Granted it will be a little more expensive then we are used to but no crazy rental agencies involved and hey even better no crazy 3xs the monthly rent rule, and it's even nicer then where we live now, which is what we wanted(we are coming from a true luxury apartment and are used to living that way with granite counters, cherry wood and so on). We either wanted the same quality or better, and we got better.

I just want to say if you are someone who wants to move to MB and are having trouble, DON'T GIVE UP! Hey it took me three years of very hard trying, we had a ton of disappointment, a ton of lies, a ton of we already have people looking at it, we will call you back and they never call. We have also had people not want to deal with us because we was out of state and with the 3xs monthly rent rules they seem to have. It was just a endless steam of problems and obstacles to overcome. If we did it and found the perfect home for us as picky(and trust me, we are picky, probably more picky then most) as we are, then you can as well.

It's out there, it just may take time and some money to find it, but if you look hard enough and long enough you WILL find the right home for you. Basically it just comes down to being in the right place at the right time and finding the right people to rent from.

TIPS:
If you don't want to mess with money hungry people and the three times monthly rent rule, plus the crap load of rules they enforce...go with personal rentals! That is the route we took and I want to say I had a much nicer experience with everyone then I did with a rental company / apartment rentals. Every one I dealt with for personal rentals and I dealt with four different people, they were super nice and friendly. They always returned my calls, treated me with respect, and to be honest was very warm and welcoming!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 10:02 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,678,209 times
Congratulations on your upcoming move! Sounds like your "Carolina Dreams" are coming true.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Congratulations on your upcoming move! Sounds like your "Carolina Dreams" are coming true.
Thank you, that was nice of you and yes they are. I've had this dream since I was a teen. When I married my husband he realized he wanted to move there as much as I did and it became his dream as well. So both of our dreams are now coming true.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:19 AM

That's great! We moved here 4 years ago. It was really unexpected and we only planned it at the last minute, but we totally love it here. Feel like we died and went to heaven.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
That's great! We moved here 4 years ago. It was really unexpected and we only planned it at the last minute, but we totally love it here. Feel like we died and went to heaven.
You know i'm starting to find out that sometimes it's best to do things at the last minute. That's how my recent trip went and it was the least planned out of them all and low and behold it's how I found my home. I'm glad you are loving it and you know I bet it does feel like heaven. I can't wait to live there, and experience that feeling as well.

Old 08-17-2013, 05:35 PM

376 posts, read 729,455 times
Carolina Dreams,

You should have just moved to Florence SC, just one hour west of the beach but low cost of living and housing costs, no HOAs, etc.

You could have moved 3 years ago.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHarrison84 View Post
Carolina Dreams,

You should have just moved to Florence SC, just one hour west of the beach but low cost of living and housing costs, no HOAs, etc.

You could have moved 3 years ago.
Why would she want to do that? She just said her dream came true. Why would anyone who wants to live AT the beach want to live in Florence? Better to wait and get what you really want. I say, don't settle!

Guess that explains your status comment.....

Old 08-17-2013, 08:41 PM

376 posts, read 729,455 times
Quote:
Why would she want to do that? She just said her dream came true. Why would anyone who wants to live AT the beach want to live in Florence? Better to wait and get what you really want. I say, don't settle!

Guess that explains your status comment.....
You are probably reading too much into it.

Florence is West Myrtle Beach. Without the price tag.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:44 PM

253 posts, read 470,834 times
Carolina Dreams...so very happy for you and glad you were persistent! I must begin this in about a year as we plan to move in December 2014/January 2015. If you don't mind sharing info, I'd appreciate a PM. In either case, enjoy the beach - my favorite place for great memories and cannot wait to get back!

Old 08-18-2013, 05:11 AM

66 posts, read 184,332 times
Congrats ! ! ! ! Where did you finally choose ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area