Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 06:53 PM

161 posts, read 330,859 times

Advertisements

Visitor's Center? I found a good one online a while back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 06:33 AM

1,126 posts, read 1,721,737 times
Apparently the PI Visitor Center is closed....

It turns out that the AAA map for the MB area has included Litchfield and areas south, so I'm covered. Thanks everyone

Old 09-06-2013, 06:43 AM

78 posts, read 136,510 times
Congratulations Carolina Dreams. This is awesome.

I have read many of your post about moving and see it took you 3 years to get to Myrtle Beach.

Sorry you had issues with the horrific Myrtle Beach property managers too. We had the same issues with several of them.

Fact is we set up 5 homes in July to fly down to MB to see. We had appointments with all different property managers, the houses we were going to look at etc and spent our money, our time and flew into MB a day early to view these homes. Guess what? The rotten property manages after we took our time and spend money on flying down were all no shows at each appointment.

So we went directly to their offices to deal with them face to face. 2 of the rotten soles had the gull to tell us we did not think you were serious and we get a lot of no shows so we stopped showing up for appointments from out of state. This is no way to run a business for those property owners who they work for.

Two of the offices said they must have forgotten and tried to call them and of course no answers and the lousy third one office said, oh, they had a closing today on a house and could not miss it.

How about a phone call folks?

We called each and every one of them the day before to confirm and they all confirmed the appointment.

This is how I took care of this situation. I looked up each property owners on the Horry county websites and contacted 3 of them and told them what happened. Two of those property owner were so mad they fired the property managers!!! Good for them. The third said when their contract is up they will not be re hired and she had 11 properties with this group. The other two must have been family and made excuses for them.

Then I filed a report with the BBB and the state attorney generals offices for poor business practices etc.

Reading yours and others post this seems to be a issue in the Myrtle Beach area with lazy property managers who must not need the money as most people would work hard for the owner of property and for the person who wants to rent.

Now, we are stuck with no home to rent in MB and our kids needed to go to school so we will not be moving until next summer as I do not want to move my kids once they started school.

No big deal as we will have 10 months to come down and look more and find something.

I am hoping my approach saves others some money and time as these property managers in the Myrtle Beach area need to be forced into doing their jobs correctly and with some morals.

I received a call from a person in the states AG office about this and they said they were going to look into this and let me know their findings. I hope some of these lousy managers get their license removed and some get fired.

I am glad you finally found a way to deal with these lousy people and was able to get a home in the Grand Strand.

We will be coming down soon for a few days ( long weekend for kids coming up from school ) and will be back again in the spring to look at some houses etc with the hopes of securing a home for June 2014.

Congrats again to you and your family.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:37 AM

253 posts, read 470,834 times
Grand Strand...wow, what an experience. Thank you for sharing. We're planning to move some time next year or early 1/2015 and this is good to know. Good for you also on following through on these folks ...if I were an owner, I would not be happy about this kind of service on my property.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:38 PM

1,126 posts, read 1,721,737 times
Just an fyi- yelp, angie's list and maybe even the licensing bureau may be places to express your experiences and offer reviews for others.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:45 PM

747 posts, read 1,684,942 times
Hi everyone! Finally here in mb! Just a helpful tip here...go the old fashioned way and get a newspaper. Look in the classified sections in both the papers and online. Try the myrtle beach herald and the sun news as well as north myrtle beach papers.. good luck to all!

Old 09-09-2013, 01:49 AM

78 posts, read 136,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaDreams View Post
Hi everyone! Finally here in mb! Just a helpful tip here...go the old fashioned way and get a newspaper. Look in the classified sections in both the papers and online. Try the myrtle beach herald and the sun news as well as north myrtle beach papers.. good luck to all!

Awesome!

Hope you are doing well in your new home in Myrtle Beach.

Thanks for the tips.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:09 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,141,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty Dosent Know View Post
Hope it all works out, thats a long time to wait!

Florence? Why would any one that wants to live at the beach move to Florence? Its 70 miles away and is realistically an hour and a half drive. Hwy 501 traffic on a Friday afternoon to get to the beach? No thanks.
Florence? Good Lord! I was born and raised in Myrtle Beach and just moved away two years ago and I know no one who moved to Florence or wanted to live in Florence. I don't even know anyone who went to Coker College and the Cokers had the beach house across the street from my family for years.

Even the ABC and CBS affiliates moved their base of operations out of Florence to Myrtle Beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area