Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 05:50 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,678,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHarrison84 View Post
You are probably reading too much into it.

Florence is West Myrtle Beach. Without the price tag.
I know where Florence is. Hardly "West Myrtle Beach" If you want to live AT the beach, Conway is too far in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 06:07 AM

376 posts, read 729,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
I know where Florence is. Hardly "West Myrtle Beach" If you want to live AT the beach, Conway is too far in my opinion.
People who live in Florence are at the beach all the time, especially in the summer. You can use all the money you save on housing living in Florence to get a tiimeshare at the beach .

I am not trying to talk her out of going to MB though, or going after her dreamz, she's already heading to the beach.

Florence was lacking a SuperFan on this forum so I filled the void, i haven't lived there in 17 years or so.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:50 AM

253 posts, read 470,834 times
Quote:
People who live in Florence are at the beach all the time, especially in the summer. You can use all the money you save on housing living in Florence to get a tiimeshare at the beach .
I am not trying to talk her out of going to MB though, or going after her dreamz, she's already heading to the beach.
Florence was lacking a SuperFan on this forum so I filled the void, i haven't lived there in 17 years or so.
I understand your need to be a SuperFan and Florence IS a nice town, but it's WAY too far from the beach for those of us who want to be AT the beach...sorry!

Old 08-18-2013, 07:11 AM

747 posts, read 1,684,942 times
Quote:
Carolina Dreams,

You should have just moved to Florence SC, just one hour west of the beach but low cost of living and housing costs, no HOAs, etc.

You could have moved 3 years ago.
Well to be honest with you, my hubby and I chose Myrtle, not really any other city. While we looked in other places namely Sunset Beach NC, Conway and Longs...nothing else was the perfect fit for us. It seems if it isn't Myrtle it's a long drive, a place we looked at in Conway was a 45 minute drive to the Ocean Blvd. Shoot we even got so fed up one time we tried up and down the eastern coast from Miami to Wilmington....nothing else came close to myrtle, it's the only place that we feel is truly home, there really is no other place like it.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by engine12 View Post
Congrats ! ! ! ! Where did you finally choose ?
Well to be honest with you I don't feel comfortable telling the actual location, but we will be living in downtown Myrtle Beach.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:20 AM

Also guys I don't get a choice any more lol a lease has already been signed so i'm obligated to go. There really will be no more searching! I'm finally ready to move on to the next chapter in my little ongoing moving saga.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:56 AM

108 posts, read 227,717 times
Congratulations on your upcoming move. We moved a year and a half ago and have loved every minute. Did you also find new jobs?

Old 08-18-2013, 07:57 AM

161 posts, read 330,859 times
We have been here a month after working on it for a few years also! Congrats !

Old 08-18-2013, 10:39 AM

376 posts, read 729,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaDreams View Post
Also guys I don't get a choice any more lol a lease has already been signed so i'm obligated to go. There really will be no more searching! I'm finally ready to move on to the next chapter in my little ongoing moving saga.
I think you might end up coming around to Florence after a year or two in MB. Dreams change, and sometimes they get better.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:24 PM

538 posts, read 1,009,642 times
Been "dreaming" about moving to Carolina for about 20 years now. Well, now it's reality. We purchased land, and now we're in the beginning process of building our home in Murrells Inlet. The house will be ready in 6 months, and we will be moving in next July. We have to wait to let the kids finish the school year. Needless to say.....CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area