Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 05:01 AM

9 posts, read 16,829 times

Advertisements

This was for mobile vending trucks used on construction sites
If you are interested in starting a food truck there will be a meeting at Horry county council jan23, 2014 at 3 pm please do come and show your support we end to get this in place so those that want to do this are able also call planning and zoning sr analyst Mary Katherine Cecil at 843-915-7891 and let her know if you are interested in starting a food truck or if you are in support and would like to come to the meeting. She is the person heading this up and any and all support will help us get this put into action!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 11:25 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,152,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebamo View Post
This was for mobile vending trucks used on construction sites
If you are interested in starting a food truck there will be a meeting at Horry county council jan23, 2014 at 3 pm please do come and show your support we end to get this in place so those that want to do this are able also call planning and zoning sr analyst Mary Katherine Cecil at 843-915-7891 and let her know if you are interested in starting a food truck or if you are in support and would like to come to the meeting. She is the person heading this up and any and all support will help us get this put into action!!!
Kebamo, go talk with Mayor John Rhodes and get his support. He was a restauranteur in Myrtle Beach for over 30 years. He owned Gullyfield (one of the businest restaurants in the southeast), Arnies, S&J Cafeteria, and a steakhouse. He should be an ally.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:14 PM

Ok food trucks are now allowed in Horry county now for the fun part finding a commercial kitchen to be your home base. Now Dhec will put you through the ringer and have you jump over hoopes

Old 11-05-2015, 07:44 AM

Ok we have a law for the U incorporated Horry county I am the one who got it done and was on the ad hoc committee who wrote the law. I have a food truck also am licensed in Conway. We now have a total of 4 truck and am getting ready to put the other three on line. Dhec was the hardest to get thru they turned down 3 commissaries before I found one that had everything and more than they required Stuff Your Face Street Eats

Old 11-05-2015, 04:47 PM

253 posts, read 471,069 times
Kebamo,

Wishing you the very best with your food truck business

I just moved back to SC from Waco, Texas (I know, I know), and food trucks were just getting started in the downtown area. Baylor University, where I taught, and the city/county/state offices have strongly supported them.

If you watch HGTV and are familiar with Fixer Upper, the couple on there renovates older homes in the Waco area. They just bought an old silo and buildings around it. They are committed to having an area just for food trucks, so it should explode there quickly.

Hope you have the same experience at the beach. Let us know where you will be and I will certainly be a patron! Best wishes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area