Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 12:44 AM
ASC

50 posts, read 137,640 times

Advertisements

howtaki,

Let's see, anywhere on the Grand Strand would be great, except for Atlantic Beach. As far as a place on the ocean that is cheap? That's a difficult task. Someone else will have to help you on that one. You're probably going to have to live inland a little ways, maybe you can find a trailer in one of the oceanfront campgrounds? I don't know. The areas adjacent to the coastline from the ocean to about 5 miles inland should be relatively "safe" places, however, I'm not so sure as to cheap. And trust me, the Black Bike Week event will be enough to keep you out of Atlantic Beach, it's enough to keep me away from Myrtle Beach during that week, it's hell on earth. It's a shame the NAACP won't open their eyes and see that bike rally for what it really is. The Bike Rally is not so much as a color issue, but an age issue. You can't pack hundreds of thousands of immature stupid young people (and I'm 20 so I can say that) and not expect utter chaos. Then when there is a crime, can the police step in? NOPE. Cause the NAACP will slap a lawsuit on 'em as fast as they can. Someone could race down 17 at 110 mph, and the person driving get arrested. THAT'S RACIST!!! Let's see how much money can they make off of that? I don't know? $200,000? If I had a restaurant and people came pouring in all weekend and ate my food, stiffed the wait staff, trashed my restaurant, and then bolted out the front door without paying, would I stay open? NO! But, then again, even though I'm losing money, it would be racist of me to not serve to these people. I don't care what color they are, if anyone of any race acted like that, it would infuriate me.

**NOTE: I do not own a restaurant in Myrtle Beach, that was just a true example of what goes on in many restaurants during BBW. Just making that clear so I'm not summoned to court. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 10:13 AM

215 posts, read 545,762 times
It was scary trying to cross from Cracker Barrel to Barefoot Landing last night, around 5PM. While eating we were seeing that the bikers and cars were blocking the intersections during the red lights just like years ago. There was a policeman standing at the Barefoot Landing corner but he looked worn to a frazzle (probably from having to deal with the lawlessness). They reluctantly backed up and let us through.

Stopped at the lights the bikers were still flying through the lanes by your car to go to the head of the line. How dangerous is that?!

Yea, I'd rather go back to the days of families coming to the beach on Memorial Day weekend.

Families of any color!

David

Old 05-28-2009, 04:57 PM

So much strife for such a little town

Thursday, May. 28, 2009

Atlantic Beach fires its town manager

Janelle Frost - jfrost@thesunnews.com

Atlantic Beach's town manager, Kenneth McIver, was fired this morning.
The town's council took a vote on firing McIver during a Waccamaw Council of Governments meeting about revising the town's ordinances, said Councilwoman Charlene Taylor.

For the rest of the article:

Atlantic Beach fires its town manager - Local - The Sun News (http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/917631.html - broken link)

Old 09-18-2009, 12:17 PM

Friday, Sep. 18, 2009

AB Mayor Pierce released from jail after DUI charge

AB Mayor Pierce released from jail after DUI charge - Local - The Sun News (http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/1074766.html - broken link)
Atlantic Beach's mayor, Retha Pierce, was released Thursday after spending a night in Marion County Detention Center.
She was charged with misdemeanor DUI and was released on personal recognizance around 9 a.m. She is scheduled to have a hearing at 10 a.m. Oct. 6.
Pierce, who had been charged on three other occasions since 2007, was stopped around 3:50 p.m. Wednesday on U.S. 501 in Marion County, said Lance Cpl. Sonny Collins with the S.C. Highway Patrol.

AND:

Conway attorney charged with hiring hit man to kill another attorney

http://media.thesunnews.com/smedia/2009/09/18/11/Walkermug.standalone.prod_affiliate.78.JPG (broken link)

Conway Attorney Irby Walker, who was slated to represent Atlantic Beach Mayor Retha Pierce in her trespassing case Thursday, was charged today with trying to hire someone to kill another attorney, according to police.

TheSunNews.com - Myrtle Beach News, Golf, Hotels, Homes, Jobs, Cars

WOW!

Just WOW!

There's no other place like that place!

Old 09-18-2009, 02:44 PM

343 posts, read 727,119 times
Hollywood doesn't write stuff like this!

Old 09-20-2009, 06:19 PM

4 posts, read 13,172 times
Thumbs up thank you !!!! you seem to be a smart young adult i wish you well and again thanks for your input

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASC View Post
howtaki,

Let's see, anywhere on the Grand Strand would be great, except for Atlantic Beach. As far as a place on the ocean that is cheap? That's a difficult task. Someone else will have to help you on that one. You're probably going to have to live inland a little ways, maybe you can find a trailer in one of the oceanfront campgrounds? I don't know. The areas adjacent to the coastline from the ocean to about 5 miles inland should be relatively "safe" places, however, I'm not so sure as to cheap. And trust me, the Black Bike Week event will be enough to keep you out of Atlantic Beach, it's enough to keep me away from Myrtle Beach during that week, it's hell on earth. It's a shame the NAACP won't open their eyes and see that bike rally for what it really is. The Bike Rally is not so much as a color issue, but an age issue. You can't pack hundreds of thousands of immature stupid young people (and I'm 20 so I can say that) and not expect utter chaos. Then when there is a crime, can the police step in? NOPE. Cause the NAACP will slap a lawsuit on 'em as fast as they can. Someone could race down 17 at 110 mph, and the person driving get arrested. THAT'S RACIST!!! Let's see how much money can they make off of that? I don't know? $200,000? If I had a restaurant and people came pouring in all weekend and ate my food, stiffed the wait staff, trashed my restaurant, and then bolted out the front door without paying, would I stay open? NO! But, then again, even though I'm losing money, it would be racist of me to not serve to these people. I don't care what color they are, if anyone of any race acted like that, it would infuriate me.

**NOTE: I do not own a restaurant in Myrtle Beach, that was just a true example of what goes on in many restaurants during BBW. Just making that clear so I'm not summoned to court. Thank you.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyterp View Post
Hollywood doesn't write stuff like this!
Well, with Atlantic Beach, Hollywood could have as many sequels as ROCKY!

Wednesday, Oct. 28, 2009

Atlantic Beach's police chief arrested by Horry County officers

Atlantic Beach's police chief arrested by Horry County officers - Local - TheSunNews.com (http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/1137999.html - broken link)

Old 11-03-2009, 08:52 AM

540 posts, read 1,680,332 times
Only saving grace for AB would be for it to lose its charter, sad to say.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:37 AM

882 posts, read 3,539,950 times
PBurgess wrote-"Only saving grace for AB would be for it to lose its charter, sad to say. "

I've said this for years now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post

IMO, due to this ongoing corruption and in fighting, the state should pull their charter... End of story..

Old 11-03-2009, 12:58 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,880,278 times
It is a shame that every time you open the newspaper this little town is being dragged down further. It is even more of a shame that it brings down the areas surrounding it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area