Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 01:11 AM

20 posts, read 63,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
I got rid of mine. They didn't fit in the van. When hoping it would go away didn't work I went shopping instead. I sure do hope I wasted money and get very little use out of it.
This is a little colder than normal for this area.

Days are between 5-10 degrees below average & the nights are about 5 degrees colder than usual.

Hence: It is COLD here in the winter & you will very much get good use of your new winter coat!

PS (Hope you got a scarf, gloves & boots, as well!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 06:47 AM

343 posts, read 727,788 times
Please go back to PA and warm up.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:49 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,897,546 times
My gosh WantoutofMB how quickly we forget. You may need to head back up north to get a reality check. Just get in your car and start driving North and you will eventually run into I-95.

My son left Friday for a visit back to PA. He wasn't there 5 minutes and was wanting to turn around and come back. The 10 day forecast for the burbs of Philly where he is visiting doesn't have a projected "high" temp over 35. This is only our second winter here and we are already spoiled. Would I love to see 60 degree temps in December and January? Sure, but even when I have to zip up my new winter coat I will still be thanking the Good Lord above that I am 500 miles South of where I used to live.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:12 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,561,690 times
I'm in the Houston area of Texas for the holidays and it is warmer here than even SW Florida. I guess I lucked out.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:22 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,885,037 times
Seriously, WANTOUTOFMB? 8 posts to say the same thing? Have a little courtesy for the rest of us on the board.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:15 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,260,187 times
Looks like it has been a very chilly month in Myrtle Beach. Has it rained a lot? Any snow? More clouds or sun?

Upcoming forecast is looking quite chilly.

And average highs are not in the 40s. Average winter high is between 55-60 F. Although lately that begs to differ.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:12 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,840,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Looks like it has been a very chilly month in Myrtle Beach....
You know, everything is relative. Overall, it's not been a world class December, but my only complaint has been the wind. We're not supposed to get this much wind in December. Today was overcast and a little cool, but almost perfectly still. I spent 3 glorious hours kayaking the Waccamaw. No ice, no snow, no mudslides, no torrential rains. Oh yeah, and no tourists. There are worse places to be in December...

Old 12-22-2010, 06:38 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,260,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
You know, everything is relative. Overall, it's not been a world class December, but my only complaint has been the wind. We're not supposed to get this much wind in December. Today was overcast and a little cool, but almost perfectly still. I spent 3 glorious hours kayaking the Waccamaw. No ice, no snow, no mudslides, no torrential rains. Oh yeah, and no tourists. There are worse places to be in December...
Oh I know. I live in New Jersey and most days have been in the 20s and 30s this month, not that I'm complaining. Even worse in the upper midwest! I enjoy cold/cloud/snow/rain but based on Myrtle Beach's standards, it has been below average.

Old 12-25-2010, 05:29 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,705,055 times
Of the nine winters I have spent in Myrtle it seems last winter, and most likely this winter, will have been the coldest.
I remember one winter that was just awesome.......Almost everyday of 60s and 70s.
I was hoping that would be a forever thing. But, hey........it is cold right now in places that
it never gets cold or hardly gets snow. Think about Atlanta, Georgia....The weather forcast for there
has to be a huge record breaker. Florida itself has had unusual cold temperatures.....
But, yikes........tomorrow in PA I will be in a blizzard. It makes Myrtle look real, real good.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:01 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,561,690 times
Back in NJ where my house (now owned by my son and daughter-in-law) and NJ condo is, there is two foot of blowing snow. My son is snowed in because they had not plowed the roads yet.

In Naples FL where I sit now it is sunny but windy. My lanai says it is 62 in the sun. The wind is keeping me indoors.

In Murrells Inlet it is 39 but no snow. I would take that over Jersey any day!

When the day time temps stay above 60 in Murrells Inlet I'll be back in a flash (well, after an 11 hour drive). I do miss SC.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area