Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 04:54 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,694,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Just read this thread for the first time and since we are making comparisons...I'm here from NJ four years and the first two winters I didn't even wear a coat the whole season. I wore a jacket but no hat, scarf, gloves etc...Last year was colder and seemed to last forever but there were several terrible snow storms in NJ that I was very glad I missed. So far this year has been a mixed bag. There has been plenty of "coat" days but a bunch of jacket days too. A little snow but I was one of those people stuck up north over the holidays with canceled flights and over 20" of snow. Once again, don't miss that. I don't follow temps., I just go by how I feel and I am a lot less cold in SC than I was in NJ and when I lived in PA. I don't love everything here but the weather is my favorite thing and has totally exceded my expectations. Anyone that moves here from the NE and thinks the weather isn't better must have a bad memory.
Rapture your back!........In my area of PA the blizzard only brought lots of wind and some blowing snow that practically blew all away, except in spots.
The weather here is always, always, better then up north. I lived in NJ most of my life too. Winters are here in SC are so much better.....
Not that these last two winters here were a piece of cake...but alas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area