Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 08:13 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,836,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
Yes, they could put that next to the one that stopped us on the way in and told us we must go right...
Yep, everything in SC steers to the right - far right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 08:30 AM

882 posts, read 3,540,761 times
Not necessarily THAT far right.... Besides.. if you are right.. you can't be wrong.. correct? LOL

Old 01-06-2011, 04:10 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,790,289 times
Just read this thread for the first time and since we are making comparisons...I'm here from NJ four years and the first two winters I didn't even wear a coat the whole season. I wore a jacket but no hat, scarf, gloves etc...Last year was colder and seemed to last forever but there were several terrible snow storms in NJ that I was very glad I missed. So far this year has been a mixed bag. There has been plenty of "coat" days but a bunch of jacket days too. A little snow but I was one of those people stuck up north over the holidays with canceled flights and over 20" of snow. Once again, don't miss that. I don't follow temps., I just go by how I feel and I am a lot less cold in SC than I was in NJ and when I lived in PA. I don't love everything here but the weather is my favorite thing and has totally exceded my expectations. Anyone that moves here from the NE and thinks the weather isn't better must have a bad memory.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:40 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,678,209 times
Rapture, you are so right!!!

Old 01-06-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
'Course I'd miss y'all. Who would I blame for everything if you weren't here! Maybe we could install some thawing stations at the borders, as a required detour. While everything warms up to Southern specs, let you munch on some boiled p-nuts, teach you how to choose the right mayo, offer some talking lessons, sort out the ones who will soon be whining about bagels, you know, full service.
I wanted to give you more reps but CD wouldn't let me. Funny stuff! I don't whine about the bagels but I will admit to whining about Italian food. Oh well, can't have everything.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:49 AM

540 posts, read 1,680,750 times
I used to whine about the bread and bagels, but I learned to make my own. I'm happy as a clam now! I can't agree on the mayo, however. My family won't touch anything other than Hellman's and I simply would rather not use it than buy that "other stuff".

While the weather here has been colder than normal, I am glad my arms aren't feeling it as bad as they did in NY. In the winters I couldn't even dress myself, my arms hurt so much (neuro damage in left arm). It was one of our main factors for moving here. Less pain!

Old 01-07-2011, 02:35 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,836,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
I don't whine about the bagels but I will admit to whining about Italian food. Oh well, can't have everything.
Thanks, Rapture. Are our Italian restaurants really that bad? I luv Italian, but confess I'm definitely not a conniesewer.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:47 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,678,209 times
Speaking of Italian restaurants............

Has anyone been to Pacino's? I am going on Sat. night for the first time. I've been reading the reviews and have not seen anything other than raves:

Pacino's Murrells Inlet Italian Restaurants

Everyone seems to love this place, yet no one I know talks about it or knows much about it.

I can't wait to try it out!

Old 01-08-2011, 06:20 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,895,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pburgess68 View Post
I used to whine about the bread and bagels, but I learned to make my own.
Homemade is always better but if you are ever looking for a place to buy bagels I think Big Apple in Surfside is great. We get our rolls from Benjamin Bakery in Surfside and love them. It is a wholesale bakery so you can't just walk in and buy but you can order anything and pick it up the next day. I heard they make the bagels for Big Apple but I don't know for sure if they do. Either way I would recommend both those places.

Quote:
PD suggested: While everything warms up to Southern specs, let you munch on some boiled p-nuts, teach you how to choose the right mayo, offer some talking lessons, sort out the ones who will soon be whining about bagels, you know, full service.
So bagels aren't an issue, found good bread, converted to Dukes, I am considering trying boiled peanuts but it might require a couple drinks under my belt ... now if I could just master the language

Old 01-08-2011, 07:52 AM

PD - I don't say it's bad, I just say we all like what we're used to. It's just different.

vrexy - heard of it but never been there. we did recently try Pane E Vino in Carolina Forest and most of it was good. Some of the reviews on the internet and some are bad. Usually it's about the sauce. I think the sauce is just ok but I grew up in a very Italian family right off the boat that makes sauce different, closer to their fra diablo so I ordered my dinner with that sauce. They are very accommodating and will do whatever you ask. They baked their own bread, make their own italian dressing that served with mixed greens and you also get soup! I haven't been served stracciatella in a long time. It was a little salty and a little too much semolina but other than that good. Good tiramasu!

neecewh - LOL
Don't try the boiled peanuts, trust me on that one.

oops, almost forgot to mention something about "the cold" - feelin' pretty good to me and spoke to people in NJ, it's cold and snowy. : )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area