Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2020, 08:26 PM

289 posts, read 450,496 times

Advertisements

Anyone remember a shoe store at the Kendall Mall (not sure if that’s the name but it’s 107th and Kendall) that had the shoes on different levels and it was like a waterfall?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2020, 07:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealialex View Post
No, it hasnt moved. It is between Kendall and 104th street. If you havent seen Dadeland since Metrorail, you wouldnt believe your eyes. They have built an entire City around the Mall, with high rise condos everywhere.

Does anyone remember a bar in South Miami called "Your Fathers Moustache"? I used to play darts there on the weekends.
I totally remember YFM!!! I worked as a cocktail waitress there with my roommate Patty. This was around 1986? My boyfriend guitar there on weekends with his friends Ron and Don Jennings (twins). We played pool a lot and Patty and I hid beers in the ladies room so we could drink while we worked!

Old 01-05-2021, 06:47 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,691,899 times
Lurias in West Kendall . . That was a FUN way of Shopping. Ideal for the Pandemia days of now

Old 01-05-2021, 02:15 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
Lurias in West Kendall . . That was a FUN way of Shopping. Ideal for the Pandemia days of now
I used to go there for the drag racing meet ups, lol

Old 04-25-2021, 07:47 PM

19 posts, read 30,671 times
Was there any place in Miami in the 1980s where people played dominoes or other games outdoors - other than Maximo Gomez Park?

Old 06-26-2021, 09:10 AM

16,578 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Was just in Miami off of 137 ave and SW 88th street (Kendall Drive) and remembered the Family Fun Center that was located at 13718 N Kendall Drive. That was the same strip mall Strictly Tennis use to have a location at.
Now I understand the only one left is on Red Road in South Miami.

Then as I traveled south, went by where Hot Wheels was located at 12265 SW 112 Street.

`

Old 08-09-2021, 02:21 PM

2 posts, read 1,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealialex View Post
Shorty's BBQ is still there I believe...
Anyone remember Broadway Joe's Restaurant on US 1? I believe it was Joe Namath's chain.
What about being able to park next to MIA and watch the planes land...
The Famous restaurant in South Beach, I had my Bar Mitzvah dinner there...
A & W had a restaurant in South Dade, with curb side service...
Anyone remember the Kapok Tree restaurant and gardens on Flamingo Road?
How about the huge hamburgers at Fuddruckers?

Old 08-09-2021, 02:56 PM

2 posts, read 1,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailmanrt71 View Post
How about Yayo's Steak House in 49th street,Hialeah.
I used to work there and have great memories.

Old 08-10-2021, 10:15 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,319,080 times
Quote:
Sounds like a really cool place!

Quote:
Memories of the Kapok Tree restaurant

Once upon a simpler time, there was a magical place that stood alone deep in Davie's wild western woods.

Huge Grecian columns marked its entrance. Peacocks roamed the gardens surrounding a cluster of extravagant themed rooms, a tropical veranda just down the hall from a Middle Eastern bazaar.

The Kapok Tree was more than just a restaurant and catering hall during its glory days four decades ago. It was THE place where memories were made, say the many who drove over the deserted, two-lane country roads to celebrate their weddings, graduations, first dates and anniversaries.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/feature...724-story.html

It's a park now:

https://www.broward.org/Parks/Pages/park.aspx?park=22

Old 08-10-2021, 10:26 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,691,899 times
Quote:

In my recollection goinn back MANY YRS... (1973 on forward, when the wife, baby daughter and I arrived in that part of the Suncoast)) The Kapok Tree Restaurant in Clearwater on Mc Mullen Booth Road was The ORIGINAL Mc Koy inagurated there in 1958...It was a HUGE success so the restaurant was so popular they went public in the 1970's and opened several other Kapok Tree Inns in Florida and Maryland.

The one in Clearwater was an amazinn place, at its peak, the Kapok Tree had 12 dining rooms. The one Below one for show . . .

https://www.florida-backroads-travel...apok-tree.html

Last edited by Huasho; 08-10-2021 at 10:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami