Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 02:20 PM

396 posts, read 399,271 times

Advertisements

Any words of wisdom regarding Haulover Beach that timid new comers should "bare" in mind. No pun intended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2007, 09:23 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,610,480 times
Beach ettiquette there includes cleaning up after yourself - and that includes putting cigarette butts in the trash cans.

If you insist on bringing a camera, please ask someone for permission before taking their picture. If you bring a camera and insist on invading privacy by indiscriminately using it, don't be surprised to find the batteries missing when you come back from the water. Same goes with excessively loud radios and boomboxes - no one will steal them, but if your music is too loud and annoying people, you may find the batteries missing.

You'll see people with bathing suits, partially nude, and totally nude. If it's your first visit to a clothing optional beach and you opt to keep the suit on, it's ok. No one will think anything about it - really!

Try to wrap it up and leave when the lifeguards leave. The "vampires" come out when the guards go.

The Afterdeck Restaurant (across the street at the Marina) will deliver to the beach. Best Cuban sandwiches around, burgers are good too (EVERYTHING we've ordered has been good). You just have to be able to tell them where you're sitting ("red & green striped umbrella just below lifeguard shack 24"). Phone is 305-940-6719. There's a hot dog vendor at the beach, but it's not nearly as good.

Obviously you need to keep your clothes on until you reach the beach, and put them back on prior to leaving the beach.

Oh yeah, don't forget the sunscreen!

Old 09-15-2007, 10:56 AM

670 posts, read 1,742,568 times
Nothing to add to yukon's post; said it all.
I'd suggest Wolfie's after the beach!

Old 09-15-2007, 05:14 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,657,508 times
Default Not for me!

Went there 6 years ago...toooo many perverts for me! Saw a couple get thrown off in my close vicinity for lude behavior.....12 guys standing around waitng for me to unclothe! Was creepy!

Old 09-15-2007, 07:54 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,610,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Went there 6 years ago...toooo many perverts for me! Saw a couple get thrown off in my close vicinity for lude behavior.....12 guys standing around waitng for me to unclothe! Was creepy!
This could describe pretty much any beach in the world, not just a clothing optional beach. Haulover is actually one of the nicer, safer beaches I've visited over the years. And I've seen WAY more lewd behavior on normal clothed beaches, by the way. I live in a nudist resort and lewd, overtly suggestive behaviour is a no-no and can get you banned from the many resorts here in Pasco county. Being nude does not equal having sex.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:39 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,155,464 times
Default Web-site

Here you go: Haulover Beach - Official Haulover Beach, Florida Visitors Guide (http://www.gmcvb.com/haulover_beach.asp - broken link)
http://www.gmcvb.com/visitors/images/content_images/beaches/beaches_right_side_flash.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-20-2009, 10:34 AM

1 posts, read 69,142 times
Default Loved the haulover beach

Just got back from a few days on the beach. Haven't been to a clothing optional beach for a very long time. People were very nice and very helpful and met some really nice people there. Only idiots I saw were young teenage men and women who made rude comments. For the most part they were ignored and life kept on going.
I cannot wait to go back again. I loved being able to swim naked in the ocean...Have a great time!

Old 10-05-2009, 02:55 AM

1 posts, read 66,207 times
If you are a single woman going alone to Haulover or with a girlfriend, you will be very popular, especially on your first visit. There are 4 or 5 creepy older guys who roam the beach looking for newbies. They have plenty of experience spotting new people and one of these guys (he wears a hat) even sits by the entrance to get a jump on the others. Their goal is to get their creepy hands all over your body under the ruse of applying suntan lotion. If you see them carrying a rolled up towel (the lotion is inside), you will know instantly what they are up to. You need to be assertive and repeatedly tell them you are not interested and you wish to be left alone. Once you learn how to say "no thank you" to the creepy guys who approach you, you will have a great time.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:13 AM

1,310 posts, read 3,050,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Its surprising to me that Women would be so naive as to visit these kinds of beaches ; all youre doing is putting yourself in possible danger from would-be Stalkers, Sexual addicts, Perversionists, and the like. Theres some good reasons to cover your sexual parts instead of feeling a need to practice your entitlement, liberty, and rebellion --- it only creates consequences for yourself. Forget that everyone else is doing it , for, theres plenty of silly people everywhere on earth. Do what your moral conscience tells you to do which is keep covered . If you want to go nude in salt water with sand under you, fill up your bathtub and sprinkle some salt and toss a handful of sand in there too. But please, lets stop the foolishness of doing things you shouldnt be doing which can and does bring harm to people, as well as being a bad example for the upcoming generation of girls . Women need to be wise so men dont continue to escalate thier feelings of women being basically Tramps and only good for one thing. Please wake up women...and return to setting a standard for morality . Its going to be far better for you in the long run. And safer .

Old 10-05-2009, 07:22 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,748,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
Its surprising to me that Women would be so naive as to visit these kinds of beaches ; all youre doing is putting yourself in possible danger from would-be Stalkers, Sexual addicts, Perversionists, and the like. Theres some good reasons to cover your sexual parts instead of feeling a need to practice your entitlement, liberty, and rebellion --- it only creates consequences for yourself. Forget that everyone else is doing it , for, theres plenty of silly people everywhere on earth. Do what your moral conscience tells you to do which is keep covered . If you want to go nude in salt water with sand under you, fill up your bathtub and sprinkle some salt and toss a handful of sand in there too. But please, lets stop the foolishness of doing things you shouldnt be doing which can and does bring harm to people, as well as being a bad example for the upcoming generation of girls . Women need to be wise so men dont continue to escalate thier feelings of women being basically Tramps and only good for one thing. Please wake up women...and return to setting a standard for morality . Its going to be far better for you in the long run. And safer .
Is that the way you feel when you see a woman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami