Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 10:20 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,049,369 times

Advertisements

RVlover brings up a very valid point. 1/2 of the trouble is putting yourself in the situation to begin with. Avoid it all together and you will come out happy in the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 11:27 AM

1,310 posts, read 3,050,992 times
Its surprising to me that Women would be so naive as to visit these kinds of beaches ; all youre doing is putting yourself in possible danger from would-be Stalkers, Sexual addicts, Perversionists, and the like. Theres some good reasons to cover your sexual parts instead of feeling a need to practice your entitlement, liberty, and rebellion --- it only creates consequences for yourself. Forget that everyone else is doing it , for, theres plenty of silly people everywhere on earth. Do what your moral conscience tells you to do which is keep covered . If you want to go nude in salt water with sand under you, fill up your bathtub and sprinkle some salt and toss a handful of sand in there too. But please, lets stop the foolishness of doing things you shouldnt be doing which can and does bring harm to people, as well as being a bad example for the upcoming generation of girls . Women need to be wise so men dont continue to escalate thier feelings of women being basically Tramps and only good for one thing. Please wake up women...and return to setting a standard for morality . Its going to be far better for you in the long run. And safer .

'Is that the way you feel when you see a woman?'

REPLY: I have respect for women with integrity and dignity...but it sure wanes when a woman allows herself to be duped by our out of control Culture and pretends she doesnt know whats right from wrong.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:52 AM

19 posts, read 81,220 times
lol! When I went to Germany, I saw alot of people-young and old at a clothing optional resort. I dont' think being a 'naturalist' which is how they refer to it has anything to do with morality, but rather to do with liking the way it feels. I saw no 'immoral' behavior there. I think sometimes this country was founded by Purtains and they're still hanging around.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:38 PM

1,310 posts, read 3,050,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrecat View Post
lol! When I went to Germany, I saw alot of people-young and old at a clothing optional resort. I dont' think being a 'naturalist' which is how they refer to it has anything to do with morality, but rather to do with liking the way it feels. I saw no 'immoral' behavior there. I think sometimes this country was founded by Purtains and they're still hanging around.
Which do you think is better for a civilized Nation : People doing whatever comes 'naturally' in accordance to the dictates of their Will/feelings at any given time...or.....people living according to high Standards of morality, decency, and ethics with everyone desiring to know and abide by a common good for the betterment of Society ? Which of the 2 do you believe would lend itself better to a safer, civil, and more respectful Nation ? Lastly...if you want to make appeal to morals being relative as decided on by each person.... would you have any valid objective complaint if I acquired an uplifting feeling to break into your garage and borrow your car for the next few years so long as I left a nice note behind indicating my intention ?

This country was founded by Godly Men who desired high morals , ethics, decency, and proper behavior for all subsequent U.S. generations ; I dont read in the History Books of them drafting a Humanist Manifesto for people to indulge in whatever manner of behavior they think theyd enjoy doing . Do you find your moral conscience to be a detriment to having fun and wish you didnt have one ?

If you could address each question , that would be great and would help me understand your rationale . Thanks much.

Last edited by RVlover; 10-05-2009 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: add

Old 10-05-2009, 12:54 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,453,322 times
What is wonderful in Europe and some parts of this country is people have the freedom to take off their close at the beach if they like. And those that are offended by it, can walk away, and they don't have to be around nudist. The human body is natural thing (we come out naked in this world) and we shouldn't be ashamed to show it. Being a nudist shouldn't be looked as an immoral/bad thing as there is nothing wrong with the human body. I wish we would not objectify the human body as much as we do. Instead I wish would celebrate the human body like Europeans.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:03 PM

1,194 posts, read 4,126,145 times
Take a break from the nudity stuff and get down to earth. Who cares about what Europeans do on their beaches? Walk away, you say. Do you really believe that the young ones will walk away? I believe that nudists are not somehting we should tolerate although some cities and towns in the USA do. SO if someone wants to believe it is good then move to that city..Move to Europe... How can you even believe the things your write?

Does any ever think about what they are saying before they post? Maybe and maybe not. It may behove some to know that there is pleasure of demonic presence that things like this very subject brings out the bad in a lot of people.

If I had a child I would be horrified for them to see a person half dressed. Everyone has an opinion on this subject but sometimes this subject is not for discussion, including the moderators views. Thank you.

Last edited by Synergy1; 10-05-2009 at 01:12 PM..

Old 10-05-2009, 01:50 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,059,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy1 View Post
Take a break from the nudity stuff and get down to earth. Who cares about what Europeans do on their beaches? Walk away, you say. Do you really believe that the young ones will walk away? I believe that nudists are not somehting we should tolerate although some cities and towns in the USA do. SO if someone wants to believe it is good then move to that city..Move to Europe... How can you even believe the things your write?

Does any ever think about what they are saying before they post? Maybe and maybe not. It may behove some to know that there is pleasure of demonic presence that things like this very subject brings out the bad in a lot of people.

If I had a child I would be horrified for them to see a person half dressed. Everyone has an opinion on this subject but sometimes this subject is not for discussion, including the moderators views. Thank you.
Moderator cut: Trolling

Ok, let me not be a troll and give you my point of view. The psychos, creeps I have seen in clubs and regular beaches are scary enough, one time we saw a group of girls and one of them was wearing a "sexy" top (not topless) in South beach and another guy, a complete stranger just felt entitled to touch her private parts in the middle of the street. We were so disgusted. I can only imagine the kind of people that go there and what they feel entitled to.

So girls out there, if you want creeps and freaks to look at your precious curves, no need to go to a nudist beach, go to regular clubs, I can guarantee you, you will find at least one.

Ok, sorry couldn't help it. Leaving board now.... Ciao!

Last edited by doggiebus; 10-05-2009 at 02:03 PM..

Old 10-05-2009, 01:58 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,453,322 times
Everyone is entitled to their views, even I. To answer your question, if the "young ones" want to stay and watch that is their option. They also have the option to walk away. You may be horrified if you had a child that saw a half dressed person, but many people in this country wouldn't be horrified. I remember as a child walking in a park with my parents in Europe. My mom forgot that there was a nudist beach at this park, she didn't make a big deal about it as its natural and what many europeans like to. As a child to see how my parents reacted showed me that there is nothing wrong with nude beaches and we shouldn't be ashamed of it. I think that experience help me as an adult to be more open minded. I see how some people are offended by the nude beaches, but if they are offended by it they can walk away. We shouldn't out law something just because we disagree with it. How would you like it if someone disagreed with something you do/did and had it banned because they didn't like it. You wouldn't like it. As long as they are not harming anyone it should be allowed. Haulover is a great beach, many people love it, I have good friend that goes there, he loves it. He's a normal guy, not creepy.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:05 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,303,637 times
I've never been to a nude beach but I've been to some beaches early in the mornign and I've seen some women sunbathing topless (business side up). I didn't want to make them feel awkward so I didn't stare but I did glance back a few times. nice!
I wouldn't have any problem with a nude beach or with young people being there, as long as they were with their parent or legal guardian. As Doggiebus said, it is a natural thing. This is probably the one area where I diverge from my usual conservative positions.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:14 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,395,138 times
Sheesh, some people in this country are so repressed it's not even funny. If you are taught from an early age that certain things are forbidden, then it becomes a fetish and a temptation that those that are not sheltered do not share.

I mean, really, a nude beach?! Oh no!! We come into this world naked, and we will leave naked. If you're offended by nudity, don't go. Easy as that. It's a clearly marked beach, no secrets about it. You can't really "stumble across" it like you don't know what's going on behind the signs that say, "WARNING, YOU MAY ENCOUNTER NUDE SUNBATHERS BEYOND THIS POINT".... or the big picket fence that runs the width of the beach, separating the clothing optional portion from the clothing required portion.

Even then, what's the big deal? Bare breasts? Oh no! A penis?! For shame!

Where's the line? Maybe we should require all women to wear Burkinis, and all men to wear full length bathing pants and tank tops in the water. There is nothing but paranoia at play to suggest that anyone that visits a nude beach is more or less likely to be the subject of a stalker or pervert. Indeed, I'd venture that people at the nude beach are probably more vigilant to protect other beachgoers from gawkers, pervs, and creeps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami