Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2009, 10:22 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
----------

We have seven nude/textile beaches and two totally nude/Gay Nude Beach, now we also have a rather impopular law that allows anyone to bathe strip naked in any beach if he/she wishes to do so.

I find disgusting having to bathe with nudists around, one thing is to have a stunning 20 year old girl totally nude, ...
So waht is the law? Can anybody take off their clothes whenever they want? That seems to be what your first paragraph says.

As for the stunning 20 year old girl, yeah no one is going to object. What about if it is a family and the girl is 15 or 14? Is she still allowed to take it all off?
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 10:27 AM

156 posts, read 252,502 times
Yes, you see girls of all ages, and really, some of those 13 or 14 years old have stunning bodies. Sometimes you find "Old Catholic" families doing that.

Yes, If you are in any beach, you can take off your clothes.

Now, the "progressives" in office allow tourists and visitors to walk around Barcelona, or towns, with no shirts on, or with tangas. This is a new development that many people don't like.

Yes, there are protests, but protesters are always accused of "intolerants, reactionaries, etc"...

Old 10-07-2009, 02:16 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
boy all of the puritanical nuts are coming out of the woodwork! We have had nude beaches here in Miami Dade county for a while now and "indecency" is defined by community standards and as you can see the standards in Miami are different. If you don't want to see nude people at the beach all you have to do is avoid it!

Old 10-07-2009, 04:15 PM

1,310 posts, read 3,052,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
boy all of the puritanical nuts are coming out of the woodwork! We have had nude beaches here in Miami Dade county for a while now and "indecency" is defined by community standards and as you can see the standards in Miami are different. If you don't want to see nude people at the beach all you have to do is avoid it!
Youre missing the point ; nudity anywhere...especially at a public beach, is going to attract sex addicts, sex perverts, and practically any age Male including Teenagers... who want a peek for a turn on and its just a matter of time before one of them decides to stalk the Nudist Woman with unpretty motives.

Its quite surprising that Women arnt more concerned about their welfare as well as their dignity and self respect. Further, its going to degrade the neighborhood or City the Nude Beach is in.

The things which a few of us have mentioned in this Thread regarding a Womans safety isnt rocket-science you know ; whenever an absolute moral law is veto'd by ones moral conscience, there are consequences sooner or later as a direct action of the irresponsibility --- this holds true for all of us . We have a moral conscience for a good reason...namely to protect us and allow us to make good choices.

As for putting down 'puritanism' ... I know you totally believe in high Morals because you EXPECT others to treat you according to them in a social or business situation. Am I correct on this Sir ? Thank you.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:32 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,924,625 times
I personally wouldn't want to go to a nudist beach but if thats what you want well, thats ok, but don't strip off and them complain about the old perv's checking you out and by the way true nudist beaches are for everyone not just the young and the beautiful nudism is about celebrating the human form not about who's got the best "bits"

Old 10-07-2009, 04:38 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
I just looked it up, there are not that many woman usually there, its usually 70% men to 30% woman on an average day it said. And of that 70% I wouldn't be surprised if a high percentage of those men were gay, so they could care less about the woman.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cushla View Post
I personally wouldn't want to go to a nudist beach but if thats what you want well, thats ok, but don't strip off and them complain about the old perv's checking you out and by the way true nudist beaches are for everyone not just the young and the beautiful nudism is about celebrating the human form not about who's got the best "bits"
More to the point...dont complain when you are followed from the beach , or if someone recongnizes you (clothed) walking around town or in a car, bus, theatre, restaurant, bowling alley, Bank, Walmart, McDonalds, BK, Arbys,etc....in the same town or out of town.... and they decide they want a personal look at your 'Bits' whether you like it or not.

If youre a Woman who wants to risk her safety by 'celebrating her human body' in public...then at least make sure you have some good protection on you within quick access , or, ALWAYS be at the side of your Husband/Boyfriend when you go outside. Good luck !

Old 10-07-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I just looked it up, there are not that many woman usually there, its usually 70% men to 30% woman on an average day it said. And of that 70% I wouldn't be surprised if a high percentage of those men were gay, so they could care less about the woman.
You just dont get it , do you ?! It only takes ONE Man to sexually assault you (or worse) by being in his mind ,enticed and energized, at a nude beach . Ok...I give up . Over and Out.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:48 PM

433 posts, read 1,012,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
The "vampires" come out when the guards go.
gulp.

Vampires??!

Old 10-07-2009, 05:47 PM

157 posts, read 487,766 times
The Haulover nude beach takes up about 10% of Haulover beach. It is almost the end of Haulover Beach on the North side. You would have to go out of your way to get to that nude beach. It is far removed from the most pretty and popular beach areas in the park. You could not accidentally walk into the nude beach because there are signs far ahead warning you there is a nude beach. So those who are offended or feel it is amoral can easily avoid it.
I don`t think women should go around frightened. I know women who are very pretty but they are the equal to most any man in brains,strength and courage. I saw mostly old men, gays and nerds at Haulover nude beach. The hand full of women there where about as good looking as the old guys. And an erection, I don`t think so!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami