Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2010, 04:42 AM

101 posts, read 285,570 times

Advertisements

As always, thanks nightrider. I hope we don't have to re-think our move to Corbin. I guess the trick is not to move anywhere that's low-lying near Cumberland Falls, eh? :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 01:10 PM

295 posts, read 974,097 times
I don't think you would have to rethink about moving Cat. That kind of thing just don't happen all that often. I have family in both London and Corbin and they don't seem to have any complaints about flooding.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:13 AM

We'll be down there first part of March, then I'll see what my husband keeps saying about not buying in low-lying areas. He thinks the way you do, nightrider, it depends on where you live. HEY.. did you see all that stuff about the Whitley County Sheriff?? Holy..... !!! Sounds like what's been going on up here in DEtroit.. LOL! Glad I live in the Suburbs, not that they're much better in Michigan. <whew>

Old 12-08-2010, 06:18 AM

295 posts, read 974,097 times
PMing Cat.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:10 AM

Default Phones?

Ok, here's a question for ya. Our Verizon contract is up next month on our cell phones. Does anybody know what service is the best in Corbin or London? We never lose our connections up here in Michigan, but I'm not sure about how it is in KY.

Thanks! Have a great day!

Old 12-20-2010, 05:34 AM

Default tornado shelters?

I've heard that a lot of people build underground shelters on their land in case of tornado's in KY. Anybody know if that's true?

Old 12-27-2010, 10:47 PM

3 posts, read 17,567 times
Tornades are a good thing to think about, especially in the London/Corbin area. But I would assume if you had a good basement, you would be fine. Verizon gets the best service in my opinion.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:44 AM

33 posts, read 158,546 times
These photos bring back memories, lived in Pikeville back in the 70's while my husband was working construction on the "cut through" whenever there was a long weekend we picked an area we hadn't been to and went sight seeing, beautiful state, yes there are some poor, tired areas but we live in FL now and have million dollar homes and old rusted trailers 10 or less miles apart (nothing against trailers we lived in one in Pikeville or against million dollar homes either except I'd rather live in a home than a museum. Seems like each page I come to is a place we'd been to, keep calling hubby come see, he's decided to stay by the computer till I'm done looking at photos. Whoever had this idea, Thank you, Thank you.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:12 AM

80 posts, read 198,663 times
Ugh I miss home

Old 01-31-2011, 04:17 AM

5 posts, read 25,054 times
Default West Kentucky Pictures

All of these pictures were taken in Mayfield and Graves County. Tried to find a picture of each season! Copyright Maple Hill Studios, Wingo,KY.
Attached Thumbnails
Rural KY photo "sticky"-fall-pond.jpg   Rural KY photo "sticky"-autumn-afternoon.jpg   Rural KY photo "sticky"-fall-walk.jpg   Rural KY photo "sticky"-down-hill.jpg   Rural KY photo "sticky"-pink-flower-bfly.jpg  

Rural KY photo "sticky"-deer-chewing.jpg   Rural KY photo "sticky"-sun-flower.jpg   Rural KY photo "sticky"-white-tail.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky