Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 09:56 PM

3 posts, read 7,702 times

Advertisements

Date for first murder is wrong. Charles Sweeney was killed 3 years before the others in 1974. Its in numerous newspaper articles and listed on Sweeney's tombstone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 10:03 AM

2 posts, read 7,682 times
Interesting article - I loved the details ! Does anyone know if my assistant can acquire a fillable ME MRS GTR-PS example to fill in ?

Old 11-16-2017, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,928 times
Default something i always wondered about

something i always wondered about. i was 15 year old kid living in the clarks state forest in a pup tent. i worked in louisville and i would hitch hike back and forth from louisville the reason i stayed in clarks state forest because i felt it was safe there i walked up to shell gas station to get a pop 2 police officers walked threw the door and immeditley threw me on the ground and arrested me i didnt know what they wanted at first untill we got down to the police station they asked me where i lived at and i told them i lived in clarks state forest in a tent and that i was from detroit michigan but i have family in henryville and louisville all of a sudden they started talking about these kids being murdered in clarks state forest i told them i didn't know what the hell they were talking about i told them the only thing i know about these murders that my aunt works at clarks county hospital that's the reason i know about the murders after 2 days they finally let me leave. but they drilled me for 2 days about it this is 2017 and i always wondered if anyone ever got caught about these murders.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,835 times
Default Carr boys

I have heard of Zack and Mack Day from Henryville ,But not Zack or Mack Carr.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,642 times
Default Misinformation

Through the years, I have visited this site and several other sites regarding the murders in Henryville. I have never responded prior to this, but it saddens me to read all of the misinformation of facts. I was a classmate of Richard Sweeney's, and our families were friends/neighbors. Though I was only 7 years old at the time and am 51 now, I remember everything about the day of his murder as if it were yesterday. I remember the neighborhood men meeting up with their guns to go and search for Richard, who at that point, was only missing. I remember the police cars and the officers standing in the road talking. I remember the anxious face of Richard's father as he stood with the other men. I remember our family praying for the men to find Richard and bring him safely home. And I remember, too, when we were told that his body had been found in the top of the Sale Barn and the horrible details that accompanied this discovery.

I am not posting because I know who murdered Richard, or because I have information that may help solve this crime or the murders that quickly followed in our small hometown. I am posting because even now - all these years later - my heart still aches for the Sweeney family and for the healing of their hearts which may never come without justice being served. These are real people, with real feelings, who have lost a son/brother. If you know something which might lead to an arrest, of course you should share it. However, if you are unsure of your facts, please be very careful in posting them. This site, and the other sites related to the Henryville murders, are overflowing with misinformation and that just makes everything worse.

Richard's murder impacted so many lives, including that of me and my family. We have grieved alongside our neighbors for many years now and we, too, would love to see the guilty party or parties brought to justice. Misinformation only muddies the waters, though. Please post only what you know to be factual and leave the missing information to those who might truly know enough to help this case be solved.

Continuing to pray peace over the Sweeney family, the Burkett family, and the Abel family. Your Henryville community has not forgotten you.

Old 12-23-2020, 06:30 AM

6 posts, read 9,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_USMC View Post
Date for first murder is wrong. Charles Sweeney was killed 3 years before the others in 1974. Its in numerous newspaper articles and listed on Sweeney's tombstone.
His name wasn’t Charles sweeney it was Richard sweeney

Old 12-25-2020, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyzzyx View Post
Is it p[ossible to speak to you in person?
Zodiacs day I would love to talk to u in person and assist you in any way

Old 12-25-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoreville View Post
is anyone aware of the fact that the Sweeney brother later in the late 80's or early 90's was charged with murdering a "friend" over a pot plot and buried him under a pile of rubble? the man murdered was a Guthrie and there was a shoot out among Sweeny and the police at his trailer.
This wasn’t Richard Sweeney’s brother it was his cousin and I can assure you there is no connection in the two cases know ur facts before posting please!

Old 12-25-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Sweeny was bad news, always had been, danny guthrie wasnt much better, but these are two of the bigger names in henryville, could this be the reason the town wont talk? the Guthries own this town.....also i remember a teacher that was a suspect, he taught special ed in scottsburg, his truck was spotted near the area where one of the boys were found at the time of his death...i have heard many stories, being from around this area, i can not believe that with todays technology that it isnt an open cold case file...
a lot of the older, prestigious people in this town have died and a lot of outsiders have moved in, maybe its time to try again before it is to late, if these boys were sexually molested, surely there is DNA and possibly could be run thru a data base and be checked.....also there was a lot of 'gossip' about the sweeny's brother... who later in life committed murder...hid the body and than dug it up and reburied it..many say he was involved...
Your intel is wrong completely about Sweeney’s brother know ur facts before posting

Old 12-25-2020, 10:45 AM

Quote:
is anyone aware of the fact that the Sweeney brother later in the late 80's or early 90's was charged with murdering a "friend" over a pot plot and buried him under a pile of rubble? the man murdered was a Guthrie and there was a shoot out among Sweeny and the police at his trailer.
This wasn’t Richard Sweeney’s brother it was his cousin and I can assure you there is no connection in the two cases know ur facts before posting please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana