Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:49 PM

1 posts, read 8,610 times

Advertisements

I am 29 years old and I've lived in Borden my whole life and I have never heard about any of this. This is crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 10:55 PM

3 posts, read 25,789 times
Hines was a jewish doctor.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:10 PM

Zodiac I think you can confirm he was a jewish doctor.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:16 PM

Peace & Panic check back at sometime!
Remember the Doc,Zodiac.
I think he went to the Chicago area.
Imagine that!

Old 04-18-2011, 11:45 AM

166 posts, read 375,152 times
I've read about these murders, and to me some of the facts remain striking, even to this day. It's always helpful to construct a "commonality list" when it comes to serial murders, to understand why the targets were chosen. For the life of me, I cannot understand why these lads were selected. Were they exhibiting homosexual behavior before their abduction and sodomizing? Did they dress or act provocatively in some way? From reports, the Sweeney boy was an attractive young man and the others I'm struggling to find information on. I can image before they were snuffed of life they were repeatedly ravaged, in every way imaginable. I know that a flashlight was used in one of the crimes.

It breaks my heart to hear about families still struggling with this. I hope that through modern DNA testing the pederast who committed these atrocities can be brought to justice, if he didn't pass away like others have suggested.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:59 PM

1 posts, read 8,361 times
there were witnesses that saw things to implicate 3 individuals the day of the first murder. The police have the info but, can't believe they haven't acted on it. Maybe because DNA forensics were'nt available? Two of the individuals were twins.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:50 PM

2 posts, read 16,597 times
Like many of you I lived in Otisco and attended Henryville during these murders. I was 9 and my mother pulled me out of school for what seems like an eternity. I was so young but do remember the name Todd Carr(I'm thinking he was a Dr's son)flying around. I am surprised this hasn't been opened as a cold case and with DNA/technology of 2day why haven't these been solved? I would think it would bring closure to the families affected. My heart goes out to them. Vengeance is mine thus sayeth the Lord!

Old 08-16-2011, 06:54 PM

2 posts, read 16,597 times
Post For the life of me, I cannot understand why these lads were selected. Were they exhibiting homosexual behavior before th

The murdered boys were very young and I doubt they even had a sexual orientation yet TaylorRothschild....

Old 08-20-2011, 06:22 PM

5 posts, read 14,271 times
I live in Indiana and found this thread a couple of days ago. I am fascinated by this story and I love to do research, so I have done some on the people that are mentioned in this thread.

On another message board I found this:
"The Jewell brothers that people say were questioned were Mike and Steve.
Also rumored to be involved was Dr. Carr's son he ran with the Jewells."

According to the Clark County GIS system, found here: eGIS 2.0 - Clark County, IN © 39 Degrees North
There is a an Anthony Pierce Jewell who has owned 2914 Forestry Rd in Henryville since 1900.

(There is also a couple of Jewells who have owned property in Jeffersonville and/or Sellersburg since 1900 and a few other properties deeded to owner's with the last name Jewell between 1995 and 2000.)

I have been unable to find any further information about Mike, Steve, or Anthony Jewell.

A check of the Indiana professional license verification website:
https://mylicense.in.gov/eVerification/
reveals that Joe Henderson Carr was licensed to practice medicine in Henryville from 1957 to 1995.

Joe H. Carr died in April of 1994 and his estate was probated in Clark county in 1994 and 1995 (https://mycase.in.gov/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=4721759). Joe H. Carr II was co-personal representative. The cause number of the estate is: 10C01-9404-ES-000063. A visit to the clerk's office or the Court (Clark County Circuit Court 1) should yield anyone willing to pay for copies any of the pleadings filed in the estate, including the Will. This would give you the names of Mr. Carr's relatives, if nothing else.

Joe Jr. and his wife Patricia L., currently own 1421 Blue Lick Rd in Henryville, as well as other property around Henryville. There is also a Lance and Kelly Carr who were deeded some properties in Henryville in 1995.

Yahoo search results show a link with this description when searching for "Todd Carr" + "Henryville":
Todd Carr 1979 graduate of Henryville High School in Henryville, IN is on Memory Lane.

Various search results also indicate that Patricia, Joe's wife, competes in, and wins, many rodeos, and one listing with her as a winner also lists a Todd A. Carr of Henryville, IN as winning a prize.

There is no indication anywhere however, that Todd and Joe are related.

There was a Dr. Greene licensed to practice in Henryville during the time of these murders, however, according to his obituary, he only had one son, William Kendall Greene. His estate was probated in Clark County from 2002 - 2004 under cause number: 10C01-0205-ES-000036.

Dr. Kenneth Hines indeed plead guilty to child molest and surrendered his medical license. The link provided by the poster of that information, however, was incorrect. The link to the Court documents and Police officer's reports is:
http://www.in.gov/apps/pla/litigatio...r.aspx?id=9404

Well, hopefully that will give all those who are looking for information somewhere to go from here.
I found no reference to any twins or anyone named Jack, Mack or Zack.

Shelley

Old 10-17-2011, 07:56 PM

3 posts, read 20,612 times
is anyone aware of the fact that the Sweeney brother later in the late 80's or early 90's was charged with murdering a "friend" over a pot plot and buried him under a pile of rubble? the man murdered was a Guthrie and there was a shoot out among Sweeny and the police at his trailer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana