Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 06:09 AM

3 posts, read 16,131 times

Advertisements

I do know for sure that Jeff Burkett was attending drivers ed at HHs and was walking home. Donnie Abel was last seen about a mile from his home, resting on a cable stretched out across a driveway on Bartle Knob Rd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2014, 06:17 AM

3 posts, read 16,131 times
Charlie Sweeney was arrested for placing a pipe bomb under Detective Harold Kramers car and then confessed to killing Danny Guthrie and told the location of his body as part of a plea deal.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,421 times
Richards older brother Lee was my best buddy in school even to the day it sickens me too think about it but whoever you are there's a place in hell for yo

Old 12-30-2014, 06:30 PM

6 posts, read 19,137 times
Default Henryville murders

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiacsday View Post
Im trying to gather information on several child murders in the Henryville area in the early seventies. No one was ever caught or charged with the crimes. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

ZODIACSDAY
I think I know who the killer was and he might still be alive. I lived on Hebron Church road when all those murders happened and I am almost sure I know who the killer was. Jerry

Old 12-30-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarliteDreams View Post
I had a family member that was killed in henryville in 1977.. He's body was found in the Clark County Forest.. His killer was never found... I wish I could find information on this....
I have information on these murders and I am almost certain I know who the murderer was contact me my email address is reservationm@yahoo.com Jerry

Old 12-30-2014, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert t king View Post
It's a very perculiar set of happenings for such a small town.
From what I have read and gathered from the postings I would need
to know if anyone remembers if the Abell and Burkett boys knew each
other. If they lived close together in town. Given the settings and
events I am certain the two sets of murders are connected. I have
nothing as far as new information on this case, just instincts on
human nature and seeing things people don't normally see.

I drive by Henryville on 65 on the way to my relatives
several times a year. I always think of what had occurred there.
I am pretty sure I know who the killer was and he could still be alive. I lived on Hebron Church road when these murders happened and by a strange coincidence I am almost positive I ran into the murderer right after he had murdered one of those kids. You can contact me for more info that I can't give out over the internet. My email address is reservationm@yahoo.com. Jerry

Old 12-30-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irol View Post
I do know for sure that Jeff Burkett was attending drivers ed at HHs and was walking home. Donnie Abel was last seen about a mile from his home, resting on a cable stretched out across a driveway on Bartle Knob Rd.
I am almost positive that I know who the murderer was and he might still be alive. I lived on Hebron Church Road when these murders happened and I think I ran into the killer right after he had murdered one of the boys. I have more detailed info my email address is reservationm@yahoo.com - Jerry

Old 12-30-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowerman7 View Post
Hi, I grew up in this town. I still have quite a bit of family there. My parents actually still live off of Snow road. Snow road is still there, but it's not connected to Lindenmayer, though it's close. Are you sure you aren't mistaking the corner of Dieterlen and Lindenmayer, with the corner of Snow and Henryville Otisco rd, or Dieterlen and Hville Otisco, or Pfister road?

Also, I had several teachers that were teaching during the time this all happened. One of them, the gov/econ/spanish teacher told me she was the last to see one of the boys before he left that day. (Henryville High School was an open campus then and you could leave for lunch.) I've also rubbed shoulders with people that told me some rumors about the doctor, etc. I know there is a thread on this over at websleuths, but I've gotten no responses. It looks like some of the same people were posting over there too. Is there another forum where more info is posted on this? There's a lot of weird things about this town that I've seen or been told about.
I am pretty sure I know who the killer was and he might still be alive. I lived on Hebron Church road right next to the forestry when these murders happened and I believe I had an encounter with the murderer right after he had murdered one of those boys. Contact me for more detailed info my email address is reservationm@yahoo.com - Jerry

Old 12-30-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilcayenne View Post
Chuck Sweeney is serving time for the murder of Danny Guthrie. Chuck, I have been told is the brother of Richard Sweeney, who was the first murder victim in Henryville. Richard was my best school friends. I knew he had a brother in my sister's class and that he had a baby sister. I was not aware that he had another older brother. A recent aquaintence of mine who graduated HHS 10 yrs. before me, told me about this eldest brother [this aquaintnece is also married to an Indiana State Detective]. So, Chuck Sweeney, supposedly killed his brother 'by accident', and to prevent shame/stigma on the family, Chuck was believed to be sent away to a mental institution. I do not commit to this being true, I only knew one older brother who had nothing to do with Richard's death. Richard was killed 39 [1974] yrs. ago, the majority of Henryville have always believed the Carr boys were responsible.
I am pretty sure I know who the murderer in Henryville was and he might still be alive. You can email me for info on this case if you like my email address is reservationm@yahoo.com - Jerry

Old 12-31-2014, 09:39 AM

3 posts, read 9,398 times
I went to the police about this when it happened, was told to stay out of it if I knew what was good for me. The KILLERS in Jeff and Donnie's cases were more than 1. It was the RAT pack to say the least. Their motive was pure evil! Jeff was in Driver's Ed that day, he saw something and was given a ride. Donnie was there. No Jeff and Donnie were not friends just knew each other. This group of Rats took him to the Forestry, partying went on. Drugs and alcohol. According to Donnie whom I did talk to the weekend before he disappeared said they started torturing Jeff. I talked to Donnie and told him he had to go to the police he said it wouldn't do any good as one of their own knew and was covering things up. He left from the Methodist Church heading towards Dietrich's Store. I went to one of my friends. I was back in town visiting at the time. About 1/2 hr later in the same Church parking lot we saw Donnie in a red El Camino or Ranchero with 1 of the Twins that he said was involved in this crime. My other friend was talking to the twin while I talked to Donnie. I asked him why he was with him and he said he didn't have a choice. I tried to get him to leave the car, he said it was to late. The twin looked over to me and growled then started laughing and sped off heading north on 31. I told my other friend she needed to stay away from all of them. He gave me names= Tommy, Mike, James, William, Red, Todd, Jeff. He was there also. He said they used to torture animals, sexually assaulted many animals, girls, boys. No one told on them because of who they were. EVERY name that has been linked to these murders are linked together thru their "Party Games" There were other murders according to what he said but they were never found. The only reason these boys were found was as a message. These murders will not be solved, there is too many protectors. You sit beside them at your churches, they have served in the law enforcement. A few have passed away and I have read their obituaries of what great men they were. They had a secret among them but God will revenge you my friends Jeff and Donnie. The Sweeny boy, well that is still a mystery, one of his own was involved with the others so make your own conclusion. By the way the friend I was with the last day we saw Donnie, she is haunted to this day. No one believed her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana