Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 12:33 PM

6 posts, read 9,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irol View Post
Charlie Sweeney was arrested for placing a pipe bomb under Detective Harold Kramers car and then confessed to killing Danny Guthrie and told the location of his body as part of a plea deal.
Wrong never confessed to murder only burying the body
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2022, 06:59 AM

1 posts, read 862 times
Angry Just info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilcayenne View Post
Dr. Carr didn't have twins, his son[s] were highly suspected of the murders, but were not twins. His medical partner Dr. Green had a set of twins, Kendall & Kendra. The Greens were never suspected in the murders.
Look I am the granddaughter of Dr. William Greene.
A little tid bit of info. Kendra and Kendall were NOT twins I am the daughter of Kendall Greene. He was not a twin. So get your facts right. There is a lot of speculation going on. Without actual facts about the families you believe are involved. I am not testifying anyone is innocent but at least get the facts about the family straight.

Old 02-10-2022, 06:15 PM

3 posts, read 2,474 times
I do believe in what you are saying ! I could use a little help on this case please !

Old 02-11-2022, 05:49 AM

I would like more information on if you can please

Old 02-11-2022, 02:48 PM

Default Abell

I would like very much very much to talk to you if at all possible, please

Old 07-01-2022, 11:37 PM

2 posts, read 1,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosejane View Post
Through the years, I have visited this site and several other sites regarding the murders in Henryville. I have never responded prior to this, but it saddens me to read all of the misinformation of facts. I was a classmate of Richard Sweeney's, and our families were friends/neighbors. Though I was only 7 years old at the time and am 51 now, I remember everything about the day of his murder as if it were yesterday. I remember the neighborhood men meeting up with their guns to go and search for Richard, who at that point, was only missing. I remember the police cars and the officers standing in the road talking. I remember the anxious face of Richard's father as he stood with the other men. I remember our family praying for the men to find Richard and bring him safely home. And I remember, too, when we were told that his body had been found in the top of the Sale Barn and the horrible details that accompanied this discovery.

I am not posting because I know who murdered Richard, or because I have information that may help solve this crime or the murders that quickly followed in our small hometown. I am posting because even now - all these years later - my heart still aches for the Sweeney family and for the healing of their hearts which may never come without justice being served. These are real people, with real feelings, who have lost a son/brother. If you know something which might lead to an arrest, of course you should share it. However, if you are unsure of your facts, please be very careful in posting them. This site, and the other sites related to the Henryville murders, are overflowing with misinformation and that just makes everything worse.

Richard's murder impacted so many lives, including that of me and my family. We have grieved alongside our neighbors for many years now and we, too, would love to see the guilty party or parties brought to justice. Misinformation only muddies the waters, though. Please post only what you know to be factual and leave the missing information to those who might truly know enough to help this case be solved.

Continuing to pray peace over the Sweeney family, the Burkett family, and the Abel family. Your Henryville community has not forgotten you.

Hi, I am working on this project as a committed but allbiet amatuer sleuth. I grew up as a child and young adult spending much time in Henryville, Memphis, Charlestown, New Washington area. Much time in the Henryville Forestry (as we called it) and as a child I had been told the stories about these children as a warning by my Boy Scouts of America troop leader to be cautious. I put it largely out of my mind. Though now that I reached adulthood I wish to put my talents and use of technology to good use. I am an computer programmer by profession, but more than anything I am a technology junkie and amatuer historian. There are many cases (some very high profile) that have been solved by amatuer web sleuths working together, gathering details and bypassing the bureaucratic red tape that restricts government agencies from operating efficiently and closing cases. I am writing you because I found your post to be very moving and if there is anything I wish to do is get it right. Speculation, hearsay, conjecture or omission of details can be very misleading, in many cases triggering tunnel vision on a suspect who had no relation to the case at all. I have created a central online source for all of the data that will be available to those helping with the case. That said, if we get stuck I have some ideas about raising public sentiment to force hard the hands of public officials.

If anything just getting your testimony would be a great deal of help. Additionally, I am looking for yearbook photos of the 3 boys from the time period.

Please let me know if you would be willing to assist no matter how small.

Old 07-02-2022, 06:36 AM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
^^^ That was her only post.

Old 07-03-2022, 07:33 AM

2 posts, read 1,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
^^^ That was her only post.
Yea i'm not expecting a response from everybody but I had to start somewhere, I have joined 4 different forums all with threads on his subject matter many of which are years if not decades old discussions in efforts to contact all of the old posters for any information they can provide. I am working to create the most comprehensive public collection of the material available and will coordinate efforts toward resolution of this matter. It's 2022, cases like these just shouldn't go unanswered, but the government often lets things slip through the cracks. If you have any connection to the area, witness testimony, etc. I would love your cooperation on this matter! But please as with much of what is found on these forums, no speculation or conjecture.

Old 12-09-2022, 05:48 PM

4 posts, read 1,966 times
Chuck Sweeney is Richard Sweeney's first cousin. Richard Sweeney has two older brothers, Albert Lee and David Lee.

Old 12-09-2022, 05:53 PM

4 posts, read 1,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_USMC View Post
Date for first murder is wrong. Charles Sweeney was killed 3 years before the others in 1974. Its in numerous newspaper articles and listed on Sweeney's tombstone.
Chuck Sweeney is alive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana