Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2014, 09:42 AM

3 posts, read 9,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by obummer1 View Post
I am pretty sure I know who the murderer in Henryville was and he might still be alive. You can email me for info on this case if you like my email address is reservationm@yahoo.com - Jerry

If you know then you know it was more than 1
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 08:54 PM

3 posts, read 9,398 times
Yes obummer1 there were several.

Old 03-14-2015, 11:25 AM

1 posts, read 2,893 times
This case has weighed heavy on my heart for the past 4 years. If anyone happens to have a picture of Mr. burkett , or any more information, please feel free to pm me. I am not a resident of Indiana any longer and can not seem to find the information I am looking for. Thanks in advance!

Old 07-09-2015, 06:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,718 times
I had heard about These murders growing up but hadn't given them much thought until recently. At a family get together my sister was telling me she'd heard from a friend? friend of a friend? Can't recall at the moment that someone in Henryville had died recently and that the platform shoes were found in the barn by his wife or daughter. I'm just online to see if there were any news announcements about it and came across this forum. Maybe it was heresay. Anyone else hear this? Email me. Castrejon465@Gmail. Thanks

Old 07-28-2015, 02:04 PM

2 posts, read 5,006 times
I believe there was a TV special about the cases within the past couple years. A poster mentioned the former town doctor and the twin sons, and these aspects, I believe, were mentioned in the program. To anyone's knowledge, have the cases been presented on John Walsh's program? Interested people might bring the mystery to the attention of Mr. Walsh.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:19 PM

2 posts, read 4,790 times
Default Henryville murders

This coincidental info may be useless but it bugs me.I know very little bout the murders but I know they were never solved. I knew of a couple of brothers around that timeframe,they were notorious for stealing anything from anyone,even their good friends.They frequently were on high speed chases from cops and they knew every backroad from Memphis,Hville,Scottsburg,Borden etc. These men lived in Memphis IN. At one time they did lots of dirtbike riding around the forestry and some areas not far from where one of the boys was found. Not long after the murders happened the younger brother was in a bad wreck on his motorcycle and the other vehicle that hit him mashed one of his legs unusable for life,I think the older brother was riding a motorcycle beside him that day also,dont really remember all the details. Anyway that was the end of his motorcycle rides. A few years later the older brother shot himself committing suicide in his own house.(maybe from guilty conscience/you never know?) The younger is still alive today but last I heard he was in and out of jail.He always had inner anger issues and liked to use force,also major force on his ex wife in a marriage that didn't last very long. This all may mean nothing but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they were involved in something like the murders way back then,its aweful strange that the murders stopped and nothing was ever solved, doesn't hurt to check it out even after all this time. Hope somebody replies back to this, Im new to this sight but I wil keep checking back. txs,the old hag

Old 09-30-2015, 09:00 PM

2 posts, read 5,006 times
I remember the special about the murders was on TV a short time before Henryville was devastated by the tornado. I do recall the town doctor and the twin sons were mentioned as being involved in the murders, and the person who narrated the documentary believed the cases had been solved, with the twin sons being the culprits. If you "Google" TV coverage about Henryville tornado, a link about the TV documentary may come up as well.

Old 10-04-2015, 08:04 PM

2 posts, read 4,790 times
Default henryville murders

the brothers im speaking of weren't twins but they rode motorcycles up and down the trails in hville forestry and outskirts.It was said that one of the boys had been dragged a long way by a motorcycle, that's what I was referring to. Anyone have thoughts about this? the old hag

Old 05-24-2016, 09:34 PM

3 posts, read 7,698 times
The two names that keep appearing the most are the Carr brothers, sons of Dr. Joe Henderson Carr. Does anyone personally know them or about them?

Old 05-24-2016, 09:59 PM

3 posts, read 7,698 times
The Carr brothers, sons of Dr. Joe Henderson Carr seem to be the most mentioned suspects. Does anyone know them or knew them at the time and could speak to their personal character and/or behavior?

I do believe the State Police and the families know the identity of the killers but haven't been able to prosecute because there are more than 1 possibly more than 2 who are directly involved and no doubt several accomplices who have provided corroborating testimony and alibis for those responsible.

I've also heard that the older brother of the first victim, Charles Sweeny may have been inadvertently responsible for his brothers death and attempted to cover it up by staging a scene. Does anyone know if this elder brother was friends with the Carr brothers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana