Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 04:53 PM

1,378 posts, read 6,211,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_jet View Post
Pigs are actually very clean animals, so I don't think licking his snout caused any major damage, but who knows.
I posted this as a joke, not a fact. I was trying to lighten the mood. I thought it was funny, nothing more than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 10:39 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,521,746 times
fwiw one of my clients is going to Mexico for fun tomorrow, and her doctor sent her packing with her own supply of Tamiflu just in case. If we only have enough to treat 15% percent of the population here, maybe it's time to report my Mexico Vacation to my doctor, just in case!!!!! JK.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:40 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,521,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrie View Post
I posted this as a joke, not a fact. I was trying to lighten the mood. I thought it was funny, nothing more than that.
It is funny!

Old 05-02-2009, 02:49 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times
Talking I Thought It Was Funny Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
It is funny!
I thought it was funny too!

I've seen the picture earlier this week. But, I thought what Torrie wrote was funny. It did lighten the mood and subject for me.

MSR

Old 05-02-2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Torrie, I couldn't agree with you more and I thank you for posting this. I hope it will open some eyes and get people thinking about what has become the mother of all frauds in the history of man. I put the entire "health care" system on a rung below dishonest car repair shops for the deceit they perpetrate on the public.

Only when people wake up will we have the solution to the enormous economic burden "health care" costs put on society.
LOL, ya, I hear ya......

Old 05-02-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Like you, Torrie, I really respect you and how much knowledge you have. Your views are as important as anyone else who posts here. I'll see if I can find the specific Dallas Morning News info and send it to you via email. Otherwise, I'd have to subscribe to send that email. Essentially, the county did their own projections from the data they have to date. This H1N1 could cause 7,000 deaths in the Dallas area alone. It depends on when people were exposed, the rate at which people seek help - if someone is the 836th person in line at the hospital E.R., their chances won't be as good as the first five, and other factors.

Late, late Thursday night, I received an email from a healthcare system/state that essentially let practitioners know that all of the culture material had been used. So until additional supplies were shipped, whatever each clinic or office, or hospital had on hand was all that was available. There wouldn't be the usual supply update overnte.

For some, that is frightening. When was anyone here last refused a blood culture or test because their wasn't the appropriate material to grow it on in your area?

I remain positive we'll get through this. And Torrie, I remain confident you and I will learn more from each other. After all, I got the issue of the county who wanted my property for a project, in a different state, reversed. Part of that was due to you and your suggestions. I thank you again. (You'll laugh when you hear how I got them to back down and the changes they had to make for MY approval).

Torrie, I do appreciate all you contribute here. And positively, like you, I believe those without access to information should be given what I can give them while not violate any binding contracts etc. for me. That is why I have stayed up these last few nights to post extra information so those who may not know can hopefully understand that medical practitioners are being updated many times daily by healthcare systems, given what the CDC/WHO was advising them. I'll share what I safely can here. Hopefully, others will too.

Stay well my friend (and others who are posting/reading in this thread).

MSR
Thanks MSR......you know what might have happened with the Dallas paper, by the time I went and looked on their front page, they could have changed their articles, and of course then when you go back to the archives they want to charge you, so don't worry about it.

It's looking like this whole incident was overblown. We don't even have any confirmed cases in Idaho as of yet. To me, the story is, where the virus started and why. I'd be interested in that information if you come across anything of significance.

Most likely Idaho has a small supply of drugs due to our low population? I'm sure that will change come this fall. Personally I won't be asking for any of it....so that's one less dose needed! I encourage people to look into Ester-C to build up their immune system. You know I read that at one time our bodies use to produce their own Vitamin C......but somewhere along the line that gene got shut off. Supposedly animals still have that mechanism which is why they don't get sick as much as we do. Have you heard that MSR? I believe the article pertained to the studies of two-time Nobel Peace Prize winner Linus Pauling, whom I'm sure you know of! Let me see if I can find it and I'll post. Thanks for all your help and information .

Old 05-02-2009, 09:51 AM

634 posts, read 2,348,118 times
I've always been a big fan of zinc supplements (whether straight or mixed, such as Zicam) as well as vitamin C; they seem to work well for me. My wife began feeling ill last weekend (thankfully, N1H1 has been ruled out) and I haven't had any symptoms, even though I try to take any type of medication sparingly.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:04 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,666,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breer23 View Post
I've always been a big fan of zinc supplements (whether straight or mixed, such as Zicam) as well as vitamin C; they seem to work well for me. My wife began feeling ill last weekend (thankfully, N1H1 has been ruled out) and I haven't had any symptoms, even though I try to take any type of medication sparingly.
Here's something else we can add to the list: a saline nasal spray--all natural, and supposedly it is a great preventive measure against rhinoviruses. Zicam has also stopped/shortened many a cold for my family and myself.
But of course the really good news is that the H1N1/swine flu seems to really be less of a threat than the media was so eager to tell us it could be, earlier in the week. But, indeed, let's all keep washing those hands!

Old 05-02-2009, 10:25 AM

Here's the article:
"By the time of his death, the medical establishment had branded Pauling a quack, because he advocated the use of high doses of vitamin C to treat many diseases. Irwin Stone first introduced Pauling to vitamin C, and explained that it wasn't really a vitamin at all, but an essential substance we could no longer manufacture in our bodies. Most animals make their own vitamin C, in large amounts. In humans, the gene for this ability has mutated and no longer works properly."

Vitamin C, Linus Pauling was right all along. A doctor's opinion

Here's why Ester-C works better than a typical Vitamin C......it's a whole food supplement with bioflavanoids. Bioflavanoids have anti-inflammatory properties......most diseases start due to inflammation. The bioflavanoids help reduce inflammation, hence reducing the risk or eliminating disease. Now I'm giving a nutshell description and trying to keep it easy for people to understand, but it can be more complex than depending on the persons health. So this is why I believe Ester-C has helped me with both my ailments. Sciatica nerve is caused by inflammation-take Ester-C and no inflammation. Allergies can cause inflammation of the bronchial tubes-take Ester-C- no more allergies(though I think there's more to it than that...) The key is to be consistent in taking it every day. Age and health history will determine how much you should take. There is no one size fits all when it comes to vitamins. At least that's what I'm discovering....everyone's body is different and may have different needs. The older you are, most likely the more Vitamin C you will need. For someone who is middle-aged or older I would recommend about 5,000 to 6,000mg. a day. You have to build up your system, so you start slowly, say 1,000mg a day. You will know when you've taken too much as you will have to run to the bathroom! You will also notice if you do get sick, you can take more than what you typically do. The only side effect from taking vitamin C that I've heard of is kidney stones, and that's for people who are prone to them,......so I'll just say, make sure you take the C with a good glass of water.

Below are the two brands that I'd sign off on based on what I've learned. I use the one in the blue and orange bottle and it works for me. I've heard that the one in the orange and brown bottle is equally as good or even better. I believe both products come from the same source....but not 100% sure of that.

Ester-C®

American Health

But hey, don't just listen to me, do your own research to verify what I'm telling you. Googling this stuff will offer you a lot of resources to look at and make your own assumptions. The biggest proof is when you understand how to use the product and it starts to work for you!

Looks like some other forum members have posted good suggestions while I was typing this, which makes me want to point out one more thing. I think it may not be just Vitamin C that stops you from getting sick, it's also other Vitamins that your body needs combined with the Vitamin C that can give you optimal health.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:06 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,439,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breer23 View Post
I gotta agree.. Zinc is the way for home remedies.. I have avoided several flu's by using Zicam.. It really does work if you get on it early, and or before you actually get sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho