Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 02:48 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrie View Post
MSR, I went to the newspaper you recommended, but couldn't find what you were specifically referencing. I spent a lot of time surfing around without success. Nothing stood out to me that seemed of special interest or anything out of the ordinary that I haven't all ready read or heard. If you can, post a link for me and I will gladly read it.

The Pharmaceutical industry is big money regardless of how many companies are around. You can bet they are making millions of dollars and I noticed you didn't refute that fact, so I can assume you agree? It's all about the money; I really don't feel it's about saving humanity anymore. The link between the FDA, Big Pharma and Congress is enough to make someone sick to their stomach. There is so much corruption in the system, that they no longer have credibility in my eyes; it's all become about the all mighty dollar. Please explain to me how Big Pharma will not benefit? You watch, they're working on that flu vaccine as we speak, no doubt about that, it'll be ready just in time for the second wave when it hits in the Fall. In the meantime, the panicked atmosphere will continue to be the message to the public as if 2012 has arrived 3 years early .

There are a ton of articles I could throw your way, but I found this one below to be somewhat appropriate, I hope you take the time to read it. I follow Mike Adams quite a bit and find him to be very credible, so I will quote him often. I'm also a follower of Dr. Saul of DoctorYourself.com - Health, Naturally!. I've probably been following both of them for almost 2 years now. In addition I have a family friend that use to work for the pharmaceutical industry and the main reason he left was due to the corruption and the lies being told to the public.

Doctors Abandoning Vaccines That Don't Make Them Money by Mike Adams the Health Ranger

I really wish people in the medical field would pay more attention to natural remedies as there are many out there that work and have zero side effects. As stated in the article I posted in my last post, many people get sick because of nutritional deficiencies. If they were given the proper information of what their body really needs, not what the FDA says, because that's not even close to accurate, AND they had access to nutrient dense food, I don't think you would see as many people getting sick as you do. In case some aren't aware, a lot of the food in the USA contains GMO's(Genetically Modified Organisms) which can be toxic to the body. This contributes to the nutritional deficiency. You see....if you're not sick they're not making money off of you and the main reason the medical system shuns away from natural remedies is because you can't patent a natural ingredient and if they can't patent a natural ingredient they aren't going to make any money.

I'll give you an example as to why I support the nutritional deficiency theory....I use to suffer from allergies and sciatica nerve problems. I've found by taking Ester-C that I no longer have either of these ailments! I spend about $60 a year on Ester-C. When I use to take prescriptions for the allergies I was spending around $450 a year! What I didn't understand at the time, was I was deficient in Vitamin C and once I continued to take the Ester-C on a regular basis, both my ailments disappeared. When I went back to tell my doctor, he had no clue, never had heard of that before. This opened my eyes in a big way and made me wonder how many other things are out there that would be of benefit to people with different ailments. This is what made me understand that vitamin deficiency is the key to optimal health.

There is no doubt in my mind that many cures exist for all kinds of diseases, but unless it can be packaged in a little bottle and sold for a pretty penny, these cures will never be discovered. Just because someone in a white coat tells me that I need to inject myself with a mercury loaded vaccine doesn't mean I'm going to do it. If we are to grow as a society we need to step up and start questioning some of these practices by asking why and doing our own research. There is much manipulation going on....it's a disgrace as far as I'm concerned and the more I read and learn, the more disgusted I get.

MSR, I have the utmost respect for you, but I will adamantly disagree with you on this one. It's time that people know the truth and I feel the greater population is being deceived; enough is enough.

PS. Looks like Baxter is going after this one.....and if the demand is anywhere near what this article states...you bet.....there'll be money to be made! Watch their stocks soar....

Demand for New Flu Vaccine Could Overwhelm Manufacturers - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com
Torrie,

I officially refute the fact that all pharmaceutical companies are making money from strictly human pharmaceuticals sales. Many make pesticides, companion medicine etc. or have other divisions unrelated to healthcare that make money.

Like you, I know reputable and honest drug reps who quit their jobs when new research showed a "company line," was not accurate. I've been proud to help two of them obtain new jobs as I want these people in my life.

I suggest you ask your local pharmacist what a local pharmacist makes with each GENERIC rx filled, when trying to analyze cost. A line-by-line cost vs. R and D for certain drugs is staggering to see the negatives to that branch of certain pharmaceutical companies. It's amazing some companies will even develop drugs for certain diseases, given the costs. If they didn't have their other business units, or subsidiaries (whatever the appropriate term is), their pharmaceutical business would be ended.

I do believe it will be difficult to remember the names of the pharmaceutical companies who were running in the negative as they usually were bought quitely by a larger company. But, I know a few.

I think it's great if people use natural remedies that work for them. No problem there for me, when research can accurately document how much of the ingredient is in each unit. Herbs, natural remedies are very powerful- sometimes more than the FDA allows in tested and marketed drugs. I know an MD who swore to all he wasn't taking any meds., despite certain symptoms and behaviors. He always skipped that he was taking a specific herbal suppliment that is a very powerful barbituate. Needless to say, he isn't in practice now.

Torrie, I also agree with you that nutrition plays a huge role in health for many. I think many conditions can improve when people do have access to appropriate nutrition. Scurvy proves that point.

At the end of the day, people have to do what they feel is right for their ownself and their own family. At least that is how it has been. I don't know how it will be if we get raised to a Level 6 by WHO, which Bloomberg says will happen prior to Sunday/Monday.

Like you, Torrie, I really respect you and how much knowledge you have. Your views are as important as anyone else who posts here. I'll see if I can find the specific Dallas Morning News info and send it to you via email. Otherwise, I'd have to subscribe to send that email. Essentially, the county did their own projections from the data they have to date. This H1N1 could cause 7,000 deaths in the Dallas area alone. It depends on when people were exposed, the rate at which people seek help - if someone is the 836th person in line at the hospital E.R., their chances won't be as good as the first five, and other factors.

Late, late Thursday night, I received an email from a healthcare system/state that essentially let practitioners know that all of the culture material had been used. So until additional supplies were shipped, whatever each clinic or office, or hospital had on hand was all that was available. There wouldn't be the usual supply update overnte.

For some, that is frightening. When was anyone here last refused a blood culture or test because their wasn't the appropriate material to grow it on in your area?

I remain positive we'll get through this. And Torrie, I remain confident you and I will learn more from each other. After all, I got the issue of the county who wanted my property for a project, in a different state, reversed. Part of that was due to you and your suggestions. I thank you again. (You'll laugh when you hear how I got them to back down and the changes they had to make for MY approval).

Torrie, I do appreciate all you contribute here. And positively, like you, I believe those without access to information should be given what I can give them while not violate any binding contracts etc. for me. That is why I have stayed up these last few nights to post extra information so those who may not know can hopefully understand that medical practitioners are being updated many times daily by healthcare systems, given what the CDC/WHO was advising them. I'll share what I safely can here. Hopefully, others will too.

Stay well my friend (and others who are posting/reading in this thread).

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 03:07 AM

Lightbulb The Newest Suggestion About Sneezing.....(I'm describing a publication, this is not MY IDEA).

Quote:
Originally Posted by breer23 View Post

As with all of strains of the flu virus (and most other viruses alike), the best defense is a good offense - soap and warm water, covering your mouth when coughing/sneezing, and if possibly contagious, taking a day or two to stay at home so as not to spread the virus to friends/family/coworkers/"man on the street".
Looks like a lot got posted since Breer23 wrote the above post and more. I have read Torrie's and Sage's posts, as I was working on my own when they were posted.

I just wanted to add to what Breer23 said about prevention. The latest info shows "sneeze etiquette." I wish I could find an outside source of that picture and post it here. Until I can, since what I have is propriotary, let me just say this: if you sneeze in your hand, it is easy to forget and shake hands, or open a doorknob etc. before you realize what you've done.

I apologize if this sounds gross, as it seems gross to me. However, there is infection disease control that is logical about this. The "new sneeze etiquette," requests that people sneeze in their sleeve. - - Basically YUCK.

However, if you think about it, your sleeve really shouldn't touch anything or anyone until you can take care of it appropriately.

Please spare me the complaints about this post. I've debated about sharing the info and looked for a link, but couldn't find one. I think it is better to share the info and let you all get grossed out as someone may get helped by it.

Otherwise, I do agree with what Breer23 wrote about washing your hands, staying home when sick, keeping kids HOME who are sick (I saw a newspiece online about a school district that closed school this week, so the parents sent several neighborhood kids playing in a neighborhood park! Unbelievable.). So if you or a child need to stay home, PLEASE stay home. The point being containment and decreasing risk of exposure. A public park - will check that website in about 3 days and see how many new cases they have.

I read one thread elsewhere about parents who had been planning since SARS for something like this. They had put games, toys, crayons, coloring books etc. if there was ever a time when their kids were confined to home.

I wish everyone the best of health, and please practice preventive measures, even if it means some shirt sleeves get dirty.

MSR

Old 05-01-2009, 06:51 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrie View Post
MSR, I went to the newspaper you recommended, but couldn't find what you were specifically referencing. I spent a lot of time surfing around without success. Nothing stood out to me that seemed of special interest or anything out of the ordinary that I haven't all ready read or heard. If you can, post a link for me and I will gladly read it.

The Pharmaceutical industry is big money regardless of how many companies are around. You can bet they are making millions of dollars and I noticed you didn't refute that fact, so I can assume you agree? It's all about the money; I really don't feel it's about saving humanity anymore. The link between the FDA, Big Pharma and Congress is enough to make someone sick to their stomach. There is so much corruption in the system, that they no longer have credibility in my eyes; it's all become about the all mighty dollar. Please explain to me how Big Pharma will not benefit? You watch, they're working on that flu vaccine as we speak, no doubt about that, it'll be ready just in time for the second wave when it hits in the Fall. In the meantime, the panicked atmosphere will continue to be the message to the public as if 2012 has arrived 3 years early .

There are a ton of articles I could throw your way, but I found this one below to be somewhat appropriate, I hope you take the time to read it. I follow Mike Adams quite a bit and find him to be very credible, so I will quote him often. I'm also a follower of Dr. Saul of DoctorYourself.com - Health, Naturally!. I've probably been following both of them for almost 2 years now. In addition I have a family friend that use to work for the pharmaceutical industry and the main reason he left was due to the corruption and the lies being told to the public.

Doctors Abandoning Vaccines That Don't Make Them Money by Mike Adams the Health Ranger

I really wish people in the medical field would pay more attention to natural remedies as there are many out there that work and have zero side effects. As stated in the article I posted in my last post, many people get sick because of nutritional deficiencies. If they were given the proper information of what their body really needs, not what the FDA says, because that's not even close to accurate, AND they had access to nutrient dense food, I don't think you would see as many people getting sick as you do. In case some aren't aware, a lot of the food in the USA contains GMO's(Genetically Modified Organisms) which can be toxic to the body. This contributes to the nutritional deficiency. You see....if you're not sick they're not making money off of you and the main reason the medical system shuns away from natural remedies is because you can't patent a natural ingredient and if they can't patent a natural ingredient they aren't going to make any money.

I'll give you an example as to why I support the nutritional deficiency theory....I use to suffer from allergies and sciatica nerve problems. I've found by taking Ester-C that I no longer have either of these ailments! I spend about $60 a year on Ester-C. When I use to take prescriptions for the allergies I was spending around $450 a year! What I didn't understand at the time, was I was deficient in Vitamin C and once I continued to take the Ester-C on a regular basis, both my ailments disappeared. When I went back to tell my doctor, he had no clue, never had heard of that before. This opened my eyes in a big way and made me wonder how many other things are out there that would be of benefit to people with different ailments. This is what made me understand that vitamin deficiency is the key to optimal health.

There is no doubt in my mind that many cures exist for all kinds of diseases, but unless it can be packaged in a little bottle and sold for a pretty penny, these cures will never be discovered. Just because someone in a white coat tells me that I need to inject myself with a mercury loaded vaccine doesn't mean I'm going to do it. If we are to grow as a society we need to step up and start questioning some of these practices by asking why and doing our own research. There is much manipulation going on....it's a disgrace as far as I'm concerned and the more I read and learn, the more disgusted I get.

MSR, I have the utmost respect for you, but I will adamantly disagree with you on this one. It's time that people know the truth and I feel the greater population is being deceived; enough is enough.

PS. Looks like Baxter is going after this one.....and if the demand is anywhere near what this article states...you bet.....there'll be money to be made! Watch their stocks soar....

Demand for New Flu Vaccine Could Overwhelm Manufacturers - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com
Torrie, I couldn't agree with you more and I thank you for posting this. I hope it will open some eyes and get people thinking about what has become the mother of all frauds in the history of man. I put the entire "health care" system on a rung below dishonest car repair shops for the deceit they perpetrate on the public.

Only when people wake up will we have the solution to the enormous economic burden "health care" costs put on society.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:55 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,522,848 times
Personally, having worked with children and in food service, I think sneezing inside of one's shirt is a better option than on one's sleeve. Better containment during and after.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:45 AM

1,378 posts, read 6,211,762 times
Default How swine flu spreads to humans

This is just wrong! LOL!
Attached Thumbnails
Swine Flu in Idaho-pig-kisserwegweg.jpg  

Old 05-01-2009, 10:31 AM

33 posts, read 213,167 times
Funny, I saw the pic about the child licking the pig's snout. What kid hasn't done something like that be it a pig, cow, sheep, goat, etc.? Kids love animals. The main thing is to watch your kids so they don't do anything that could endanger them or you.

Pigs are actually very clean animals, so I don't think licking his snout caused any major damage, but who knows.

Just like the petting zoos. I see so many parents just leave the petting zoos and go to get food to eat without going to the washroom and washing their and their kids' hands. There's more problems from people's sanitary habits than there are from the animals themselves.

I see kids pick up gum and put it in their mouths and Lord knows what they're actually putting in their mouths with that gum--asbestos, all kinds of contaminants, pollution of all sorts, spit, chewing tobacco, just think of that sometime...it totally grosses me out.

When kids' pick up money (pennies and other change from the ground), same scenario.

It's important that people keep some wipes around when they have kids and I'm not talking anti-bacterial wipes, just some baby wipes or lemon scented wipes. Just to keep the kids' hands washed if they can't get to a restroom or water.

Take care and wash those hands,
Jet in Walla Walla, WA

Old 05-01-2009, 10:33 AM

33 posts, read 213,167 times
They can't find a cure for the common cold and you want them to make an inoculation that may or may not work? How many times in the last 10 years did they hit the flu vaccine on the head? Once? Twice at most? And then if they do hit it on the head, how often did they make enough for everyone. Not even once. They ALWAYS run out before all the people who need or want the inoculations get them. I'm not trying to rain on your parade folks, just being realistic.

Take care and wash your hands,
Jet in Walla Walla, WA

Old 05-01-2009, 01:12 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,522,848 times
Now wash your hands again.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:09 PM

Lightbulb Great idea, ncm

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Personally, having worked with children and in food service, I think sneezing inside of one's shirt is a better option than on one's sleeve. Better containment during and after.
Oh, NCM, you are a genius! May I pass you idea upward to those who decide things like this? For some reason I can never give you rep points, or I would have again. I like your idea!

I'm happy to have not received any new alerts today. Hopefully, this is going to be mild, but get people thinking.

On MSNBC there was an article last night about a NYC mom of 7 kids who had them at home since the weekend and the varied reaction of 4-5 different schools about whether the siblings should attend class or not. I'll try to link it later if I can find it. Until then, it should be easy to search on MSNBC.

She summed up in "mom-sense" what many of us are concerned about (or at least one of the concerns), but I don't know that we communicate it well. Her "normal" children had relatively mild cases; however, her child with diabetes had a much more difficult time with the bug.

Many people who are healthy and exposed, thus carriers, interact with medically fragile patients just like the "normal" flu. I worry that is where we could see more deaths.

But, I remain hopeful the fast alerts that went out to practitioners, health depts. and others, will help make this a less deadly flu. Mostly, it will be the actions of wise parents and citizens who try to do the right thing for their families, themselves and their neighbors.

I had to laugh when I heard either one of the Cabinet Members talking to parents/kids about NOT going to the mall, playing with friends etc. if their school district was shut down. I wondered if someone on her staff had read the same website as I about the affluent school district shuting down and the parents sending their kids off to play with friends. After all, one young lady was complaining how the limo had to wait as she changed her gown and had to change her plans for the evening.

Stay well everyone.

MSR

MSR

Old 05-01-2009, 04:40 PM

Question AP Survey - Idaho one of Seven States Lacking Drug Supplies...........

Here's the link for the NYC mom who has children in different schools and the response she received from various schools:

Mom worries as swine flu hits 5 in N.Y. family - Swine flu- msnbc.com

Of greater concern to me, and I don't know if others in ID are aware of this (I wasn't) is this link. I haven't checked out this info with anyone in ID, so it may not be accurate. Please post if you have information that differs with this article.

Swine flu fears ease — for now - Swine flu- msnbc.com

This is a long article with some encouraging info from the CDC. The concerning part to me starts with:

"States lack drug supplies"

Idaho is listed as one of seven states that only has enough supplies on hand to treat 15% of the population, per this quoted AP Survey.

Next break, I want to see what happened at the hearings today with the BCS. Nice to think about something else today!

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho