Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 09:28 AM

1,378 posts, read 6,214,619 times

Advertisements

If you ask me, this is just another way for Big Pharma to make money off of us. So they get everyone all panicked, OMG better go get that flu shot they're trying to come up with (that'll most likely make some, more sick than the flu itself). What a croc if you ask me!

Just in case people don't know, every time a new prescription hits the market it's an automatic $800 million dollars for the company that makes it; at least that's what I've read. I don't know what it is for an injection, but I'm sure it's not too far off that figure. This whole things sounds fishy to me.....and since when does the flu start in Mexico? If I remember correctly it starts in the East and heads West or starts in Asia.

Any one else think this whole thing seems like it's been manufactured?

Thirty-Six Thousand People Do Not Die Each Year from "Regular Flu" (Confirmed) by Mike Adams the Health Ranger

What's really odd, is Mexico is on the verge of economic collapse. Something like this could just be enough to push the country over the edge, exactly what some want in order to keep the NWO agenda on track. It's no mistake that this happened in Mexico if you ask me....JMO.

I think it's great that you guys are offering the information to help, so don't get me wrong. I'm just very disturbed with how this whole thing has transpired and equally concerned at who wins from the outcome of the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 10:16 AM

7,386 posts, read 12,689,597 times
Interesting link, Torrie. What the stat-quoting pundits (who make someone like me quote them) should mention, regardless of suspicions about ulterior motives, is that the deaths refer to secondary infections such a pneumonia, or other situations of weakened immune systems, not the actual flu.

What I'm thinking about is that, also regardless of the origin of this story, it is a mighty distraction from the economy...

Old 04-30-2009, 10:38 AM

88 posts, read 319,366 times
Default close the borders

close the borders.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Interesting link, Torrie. What the stat-quoting pundits (who make someone like me quote them) should mention, regardless of suspicions about ulterior motives, is that the deaths refer to secondary infections such a pneumonia, or other situations of weakened immune systems, not the actual flu.

What I'm thinking about is that, also regardless of the origin of this story, it is a mighty distraction from the economy...

The ironic thing is, while some see it as a distraction from the economy, the possible motive might very well be about the economy! The collapse of Mexico further promotes the idea of merging into a one world government.

Here's another link about the flu vaccine that some might find interesting.

Universal Vaccine for the Flu? Look No Further Than Vitamin C and Zinc by Mike Adams the Health Ranger

Old 04-30-2009, 10:51 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,442,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrie View Post
If you ask me, this is just another way for Big Pharma to make money off of us. So they get everyone all panicked, OMG better go get that flu shot they're trying to come up with (that'll most likely make some, more sick than the flu itself). What a croc if you ask me!

Just in case people don't know, every time a new prescription hits the market it's an automatic $800 million dollars for the company that makes it; at least that's what I've read. I don't know what it is for an injection, but I'm sure it's not too far off that figure. This whole things sounds fishy to me.....and since when does the flu start in Mexico? If I remember correctly it starts in the East and heads West or starts in Asia.

Thirty-Six Thousand People Do Not Die Each Year from "Regular Flu" (Confirmed) by Mike Adams the Health Ranger

What's really odd, is Mexico is on the verge of economic collapse. Something like this could just be enough to push the country over the edge, exactly what some want in order to keep the NWO agenda on track. It's no mistake that this happened in Mexico if you ask me....JMO.

I think it's great that you guys are offering the information to help, so don't get me wrong. I'm just very disturbed with how this whole thing has transpired and equally concerned at who wins from the outcome of the situation.
Torrie I agree with you.. I dont see this being what they make it out to be. I REALLY didnt like the WHO talking about Gov's needing to use "Surveillance" on its people.. Can you see the road blocks checking for runny noses and coughing?.. Ole Emanual already said they wont let
"a crisis go to waste" they will use it justify some crazy stuff if we let them.. Now if we had people dropping dead all over the place there might be some reason to freak out, but so far this just seems like a regular old flu season.. People die from the flu every year..

Old 04-30-2009, 11:11 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,527,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Idaho getting a lot of people from Mexico to work on the farms, could be a problem.
I don't think it's a problem unless they are just arriving. I'd rather have coffee with my Mexican roofer than meet with the client who isn't cancelling their Mexico vacation!

Old 04-30-2009, 11:13 AM

I don't want to take away from the original post and I appreciate the effort of forum members to post precautionary advice, cause who wants to get the flu! So I mean no disrespect.....

I'm just tired of the BS and lies we keep getting fed, it's just absolutely ridiculous.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:20 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,527,388 times
Torrie, we think alike! But along those lines, don't rule out the intentional introduction of a deadly virus.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:38 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,451,866 times
Smile Thanks for Lightening The Mood

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
I'm suprised at the number of people who have tried to shake my hand in the past couple of days. And the number of people I know who are still going forward with travel to Mexico and California. I don't mind if they go, I just hope they have the good sense not to come back too soon...
One always has to be able to laugh, even when situations can turn bad fast. Thus the "dark humor," some of us are said to possess. A brain can only handle so much human tragedy in a day.

So thank you, NCM, for your post. I agree.

What scares me, given some information I saw today are about 3 facts from Mexico:

1. Date of original infection is very WRONG.

2. A member of the "Advance Security Team" for Pres. Obama's recent visit to Mexico came back infected. His family has all tested positive for one component of the H1N1 flu, and are awaiting CDC confirmation.

The agent flew back to D.C. on a commercial airline. Bet everyone on that plane is sooooo happy to know that info now.

3. The number of sick people in Mexico (residents and visitors) who have yet to receive medical care. Plus, the ground team from CDC's initial reports of the level of symptoms those who are at home are still experiencing.

MSR

Old 04-30-2009, 05:49 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,451,866 times
Exclamation I'll Defend The Pharmaceutical Companies Asked to Create a Vaccination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrie View Post

Torrie,

I wish I could post confidential information I have received the past three days, but I can't. I'd suggest reading today's edition of the Dallas Morning News. They have a section about normal flu deaths and the rate of acceleration from H1N1.

What most people may not understand, who haven't studied virology/molecular biology, is the rate at which this virus is changing.

I'll stand up for Pharma here. People will sue when they, the patient use medications wrong, and are now starting to win verdicts. How many pharmaceuticals companies use to make vaccines compared to how many do now? The cost of lawsuits make it not worth it for most.

Any vaccination for the N1H1, potentially may not be good, given the rate of attenuation. It is true most people don't expect this wave of the flu to kill as many as the second wave. It's also true we shouldn't be getting a new flu at this season. And it is the second wave of the flu (our usual flu time of year) for which scientists are racing to unlock this swine/human/avian combination virus. I think it is public info they can't get the egg cultures to grow well currently.

So when people think of vaccinations, that will be for the second wave.

The anti-viral medications can be very effective. It depends on when people are diagnosed. It's a 48 hr. window.

Thanks for posting here, Torrie. It's good to have your viewpoints here. You and I will probably see this issue differently. I don't think pharma will benefit at all. Then again, I personally know and have been in contact with some in the trenches.

I do wonder in 1918 if people would have taken anti-virals had they had the chance.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho