Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2024, 03:58 PM

256 posts, read 117,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Well, looks like the Negative Nellies are multiplying! Could it be because cost of living in FLA has spiraled out of control?????

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-hom...ve-out-1874173

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/flori...113047260.html
#1 many of the listings are investors taking profits, & landlords bailing on rentals due to stiffening rental laws.
We are also nearing the end of the snow bird season (peaks passes in 5 weeks), so selling increases.

How do listings = people desperately wanting to move out? Maybe they are trading up or down? Maybe they're going in to assisted living?

Most of the people I know are on their 2nd Florida home. Their 1st was too small to house all the visitors coming down, so they upsize. I rented for a year first, so spared myself that headache.

#2 Many retirees move to FLA when they are in their 50'd and 60's. They stay here until their 70's & 80's then bail. They wan to be nearer family for elder care...been going on for decades.'

In 2023, FLA was #5 best in domestic migration...& 1st in # of visitors.

If 2024 is showing some reversal, it would be highly welcomed by this long time FLA resident.

No matter what the data shows, the negative Nellies will persist...they love to hate Florida because most can't make it here.

I can't afford La Jolla California, so should I hate it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2024, 07:59 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,342,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalconsequence View Post
#1 many of the listings are investors taking profits, & landlords bailing on rentals due to stiffening rental laws.
We are also nearing the end of the snow bird season (peaks passes in 5 weeks), so selling increases.

How do listings = people desperately wanting to move out? Maybe they are trading up or down? Maybe they're going in to assisted living?

Most of the people I know are on their 2nd Florida home. Their 1st was too small to house all the visitors coming down, so they upsize. I rented for a year first, so spared myself that headache.

#2 Many retirees move to FLA when they are in their 50'd and 60's. They stay here until their 70's & 80's then bail. They wan to be nearer family for elder care...been going on for decades.'

In 2023, FLA was #5 best in domestic migration...& 1st in # of visitors.

If 2024 is showing some reversal, it would be highly welcomed by this long time FLA resident.

No matter what the data shows, the negative Nellies will persist...they love to hate Florida because most can't make it here.

I can't afford La Jolla California, so should I hate it?
I live in SWFL, the hardest hit Ian zone. A lot of houses for sale. Many are moving out of state due to a number of reasons. Seems places like TN and NC they're going to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida