Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2023, 06:36 AM

18,490 posts, read 8,314,397 times

Advertisements

DeSantis is flying them back for free...all the way home....everyone knows what that means

Biden is charging them for it...plus leaving them stranded in Europe....and they damn well know what that means
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2023, 06:45 AM

14,964 posts, read 12,178,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
So, a combination of state and federal taxpayer dollars.

Again - glad he's doing it. But there's no such thing as a free lunch, and giving credit to someone for "free" services that people are paying for is disingenuous, deceptive, and - incorrect.
As reported, the flights were paid for by money already earmarked for emergency management, so I suppose it should be mentioned that any use in an emergency situation ( and I don't know who would argue Floridians trapped in a country under siege where targeted people are being wholesale slaughtered or taken hostage like that is NOT an emergency) would be using taxpayer dollars.

And any self-sufficient adult with half a brain cell would realize that emergency services must be funded from somewhere, be they hurricane relief measures to those devastated by a storm like Ian or Michael, urban search or rescue in areas of man-made or natural disasters and destruction at home or abroad, rescuing flood victims, or rescuing one's state constituents from certain harm in a war torn, ravaged country. And anyone with any reading comprehension would realize the use of the word "free" refers to the rescued individuals not charged for their rescues, in this case for their flights out.

Free to the specified victims, as opposed to the reports of the Biden administration requiring signed affidavits from people wanting to leave Israel via cruise ships made available for the purpose, that these people would pay back to the government the costs incurred for their journeys, in this case to designations in Europe.

Old 10-23-2023, 08:42 AM

3,456 posts, read 2,433,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
So he is using federal emergency funds, which he claims to not ever want (and are supposed to be used for disasters on US soil), to subsidize travel for a specific group of Americans (and deliberately excluding other groups)?

What could possibly be wrong with this!!!!!!!!
Not only that, but the first charter which returned fewer than 300 passengers (including four dogs and "some Czech guy" according to Stern), cost us over $2 million, paid to the organization that provided the airplane.

Again (and I keep saying this but some people are choosing to ignore it and pick nits on singular phrases and words because some people have narrow minds and are incapable of seeing the big picture)...

I don't begrudge Florida gov't for doing this. I'm GLAD they did. I'm GRATEFUL that the Americans are back, and I'm FINE with my tax dollars footing the bill.

But I ALSO acknowledge and accept that if this wasn't a campaign season, and desantis wasn't running for a political office, and was "just" the governor with no future political aspirations, he would've merely offered thoughts and prayers and that's about it.

Old 10-23-2023, 09:16 AM

what lotto numbers should I pick.....

Old 10-23-2023, 11:21 AM

25,848 posts, read 12,881,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Not only that, but the first charter which returned fewer than 300 passengers (including four dogs and "some Czech guy" according to Stern), cost us over $2 million, paid to the organization that provided the airplane.

Again (and I keep saying this but some people are choosing to ignore it and pick nits on singular phrases and words because some people have narrow minds and are incapable of seeing the big picture)...

I don't begrudge Florida gov't for doing this. I'm GLAD they did. I'm GRATEFUL that the Americans are back, and I'm FINE with my tax dollars footing the bill.

But I ALSO acknowledge and accept that if this wasn't a campaign season, and desantis wasn't running for a political office, and was "just" the governor with no future political aspirations, he would've merely offered thoughts and prayers and that's about it.
Pure speculation

Old 10-23-2023, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I suspect at least some of those governors wouldn't want to risk antagonizing the Hamas sympathizers
among their state residents. That and/or they just didn't have the cojones to do it.....
and those other governors do not have a +$20 billion surplus to play with

...and.....the $20 billion surplus is because of DeSantis

Old 10-23-2023, 01:38 PM

14,964 posts, read 12,178,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
and those other governors do not have a +$20 billion surplus to play with

...and.....the $20 billion surplus is because of DeSantis
True enough!

Old 10-26-2023, 05:59 PM

1,011 posts, read 548,048 times
He'll probably be busing them up to New York. AFTER the elections. His recent experiments in that line have been going pretty well.

Old 10-26-2023, 06:54 PM

835 posts, read 479,581 times
I’m happy the folks are home, and all the political nonsense is kind of something I don’t really care about. I really couldn’t care about any politician on either side of the spectrum.

Old 10-27-2023, 03:59 AM

25,848 posts, read 12,881,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenMM View Post
He'll probably be busing them up to New York. AFTER the elections. His recent experiments in that line have been going pretty well.
He brought back Florida residents who live here...not illegals who need to be bussed to sanctuary cities/states.

Our great Governor DeSantis knows the difference.

Bringing these Florida residents home will never be forgotten...thanks Governor DeSantis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida