Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2023, 06:57 AM

3,426 posts, read 2,393,301 times

Advertisements

Not every state has the resources to arrange overseas rescue flights to/from Israel. Whether money, appropriate aircraft, volunteers of medical staff qualified to do triage if necessary, etc. Florida does.

It's great the Florida helped with this. My only complaint is that it's being used by the governor as a weapon against the Biden Administration and to push his own campaign of hatred.

"See, WE did this, THEY haven't! See how awesome I am! And if I was president "those people" would all be dead."

That's the message desantis has been pushing in his propaganda pieces since this started. So while the end result is awesome and I'm very happy for those families who've been able to return, I don't credit anyone's generosity or anyone's interest in doing the right thing. He did it for political points, nothing more or less, and I consider THAT to be despicable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2023, 07:11 AM

18,427 posts, read 8,258,982 times
every state has the resources.....every state has access to Project Dynamo....Project Dynamo is a non-profit

all a state has to do it call them....make it legal for them to do it....executive order

just because DeSantis knew about it.....thought to call them....and other governors did not for some reason....

...makes DeSantis out to be the bad guy again

no, it makes DeSantis out to be smarter than the rest of them

Old 10-21-2023, 08:13 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,482,156 times
In my mind Desantis would be a "better guy" if he did things for more altruistic reasons instead of using these actions for political points. He can be and should be a better person. I am happy he brought those people home, but you have to ask yourself would he have done it if he wasn't running for president and if he didn't despise Biden?

Old 10-21-2023, 09:02 AM

everything a politician does can be called political points...

should DeSantis have not done this because someone can point and say ”political points”

you might as well ask should DeSantis have not done this because he's governor....none of the rest of them did

who knew if Hamas wasn't going to blow up the airport the next day?...one more day an no one gets out
all the American carriers stopped flying..they no longer had flights
people paid for tickets the other airlines would not honor
people had to buy new tickets or sign that they would pay....what if they can't afford that
Fly them to Greece and then what?...they still have to pay for another flight to get home

instead of blaming DeSantis.....why is no one blaming our government/Biden for this?

...this was Biden's responsibility...and Biden's response was not my problem...buy another ticket and good luck

there's 49 other governors....what about them?....all they had to do was email Project Dynamo

Biden's political points are in the negative

Old 10-21-2023, 10:43 AM

626 posts, read 400,285 times
Stop trying to make sense…The DeSantis/MAGAs will take a “win” wherever they can get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
That's nice.

How many billions are we giving away to Ukraine and Israel?

Meanwhile Americans making $72,000 a year have to live in their cars!

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/17/r...-mortgage.html

DeSantis's PR gimmicks won't get him elected when Americans (Floridians or not) can barely afford rent, insurance or groceries.

Old 10-21-2023, 10:46 AM

626 posts, read 400,285 times
Probably because most states don’t have their own version of Boca Raton outside of NYC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
exactamundo.....

the question is not why did DeSantis do this.....

....the question is why is every governor in every state NOT doing this

Old 10-22-2023, 05:54 AM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
In my mind Desantis would be a "better guy" if he did things for more altruistic reasons instead of using these actions for political points. He can be and should be a better person. I am happy he brought those people home, but you have to ask yourself would he have done it if he wasn't running for president and if he didn't despise Biden?
Are you a mind reader? How do you know Gov. DeSantis did it for political reasons? Please proove it.

Or, it is just your opinion based upon some personal biased?

Is everything good he does for political reasons?

Is it because he's seeking higher office?

Does overy politician doing good things for others, & who is running for office, doing it for political gain, or just our great Governor?

Would it have been better if he didn't do it, since it was a bad look in your opinion? The people he brought home would disagree.

Old 10-22-2023, 07:26 AM

3,426 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Are you a mind reader? How do you know Gov. DeSantis did it for political reasons? Please proove it.

Or, it is just your opinion based upon some personal biased?

Is everything good he does for political reasons?

Is it because he's seeking higher office?

Does overy politician doing good things for others, & who is running for office, doing it for political gain, or just our great Governor?

Would it have been better if he didn't do it, since it was a bad look in your opinion? The people he brought home would disagree.
It would've been better if he'd done it, and did NOT announce that he's doing it because Biden refuses.

Especially since that wasn't true. Biden had already started running rescue missions two days before DeSantis made his "I am better than Biden because I did this thing he didn't do so vote for me as President" announcement.

So yes - he absolutely positively did this for political points. Just like using Florida taxpayer dollars to transport immigrants in Texas to Martha's Vineyard was done as a "FU" to Biden, and not because those immigrants needed to be in Martha's Vineyard.

Old 10-22-2023, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
It would've been better if he'd done it, and did NOT announce that he's doing it because Biden refuses..
I need a source on that.....a link quoting DeSantis saying because Biden refuses

...this is what DeSantis said

“I am proud of how quickly we have been able to activate resources and do what the federal government could not – get Floridians and other Americans back home, reunited with their families, free of charge.”

====

the differences....

Biden chartered flights to Europe....people still had to find flights home and pay for all of it after that...the charter and the second flight
.....some of these people would have had to pay twice....return ticket that's no good and no other airline will honor....plus a new ticket
Biden would not let them bring pets
Biden would only allow immediate family

DeSantis flight was all the way back to Florida.....totally free
DeSantis allowed them to bring pets
DeSantis allowed everyone to come home

Last edited by Corrie22; 10-22-2023 at 08:53 AM..

Old 10-22-2023, 09:36 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,620,766 times
Great job Governor, so happy the crackhead thief didn't win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida