Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2023, 12:16 PM

38 posts, read 22,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californiaguy2007 View Post
California alone offers much more diversity of things to see and do than Florida in my opinion,and California has better weather year-round and scenery.

California is also close to Las Vegas and Hawaii is nearby as well.

The way I see it is Florida wants to be California-like...Even Texas wants to be California-like.
Florida offers the more unique lifestyle. The weather and scenery in Florida is also more unique to the U.S. It's much more lush year-round and isn't brown and scrub barren like almost all of California is. (compared to Florida)

California isn't close to Hawaii. You could fly from Florida to Toronto and back or even all the way to Brazil in the same amount of time. I believe even Mexico City is closer to Florida than California? San Francisco is an 8+ hour drive to Las Vegas. And that's even the closest out of state major city to SF. There's just nothing around at all.

California is much more isolated than Florida. Florida is in a great location for flights to Canada, South America, Northeast U.S., Europe, Caribbean etc. California almost seems like a wild west outpost compared to the extremely populated Eastern U.S. Even Los Angeles and San Francisco don't want anything to do with each other.

The beaches in California are cold, unwelcoming and deserted compared to Florida's. The nightlife is pitiful for a state of its size. The theme parks in Florida make California's look like local fairs. Florida has a certain unique excitement and energy that California just can't match.

Florida isn't trying to be like California. The states are in two totally different worlds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2023, 12:20 PM

927 posts, read 757,826 times
There were two older ladies at the airport. One was long brown dress natural no makeup. I thought she was from Hawaii. Then her friend came up. Blonde wig lots makeup bright clothes. She was from Florida.

Old 05-27-2023, 12:27 PM

38 posts, read 22,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrat View Post
best beaches? no they actually suck for the most part, not interested in "nightlife so?
Fl does have its share of theme parks thats for sure
We both know Florida destroys any other state's beaches on the mainland in both quality and quantity. Without Florida the U.S. wouldn't even have any major beach or tropical states. The U.S.'s nightlife/party brand would take a massive hit too.

Old 05-27-2023, 12:47 PM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by telesport550 View Post
Florida offers the more unique lifestyle. The weather and scenery in Florida is also more unique to the U.S. It's much more lush year-round and isn't brown and scrub barren like almost all of California is. (compared to Florida)

California isn't close to Hawaii. You could fly from Florida to Toronto and back or even all the way to Brazil in the same amount of time. I believe even Mexico City is closer to Florida than California? San Francisco is an 8+ hour drive to Las Vegas. And that's even the closest out of state major city to SF. There's just nothing around at all.

California is much more isolated than Florida. Florida is in a great location for flights to Canada, South America, Northeast U.S., Europe, Caribbean etc. California almost seems like a wild west outpost compared to the extremely populated Eastern U.S. Even Los Angeles and San Francisco don't want anything to do with each other.

The beaches in California are cold, unwelcoming and deserted compared to Florida's. The nightlife is pitiful for a state of its size. The theme parks in Florida make California's look like local fairs. Florida has a certain unique excitement and energy that California just can't match.

Florida isn't trying to be like California. The states are in two totally different worlds.
I agree, and I'm a native Californian who lives in the Houston metro, and if I left Texas it certainly wouldn't be for California and might be for Florida.

Old 05-27-2023, 09:44 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,872,333 times
Sorry,but I don't think Flatlands,Beaches and Swamplands offers a unique style of living,and not everyone likes Humidity...Not all of California is brown and barren unless your in the Deserts.

California is closer to Hawaii than Florida is,and Vegas is around 5 hours driving time from Southern California,and California has lots of wonderful smaller towns/cities throughout the state with amazing National Parks.

LOL...You make it sound like California doesn't have any International Airports,Ships,Trains,Buses,Interstates...Californ ia is not isolated,we just got a lot more undeveloped/protected land out here in the Western U.S,and just way more interesting towns/cities all around California in my opinion...Every State has it's city rivalries,but despite the differences between L.A and San Francisco,it's all California Love at the end of the day
Florida is in a great location for flights to Canada, South America, Northeast U.S., Europe, Caribbean etc. California almost seems like a wild west outpost California is much more isolated compared to the extremely populated Eastern U.S. Even Los Angeles and San Francisco don't want anything to do with each other.

The Beaches in California have gorgeous scenery and some parts are crowded while other parts are not which makes it even more special...The Cold Water actually is what keeps Coastal California and most of the State with very desirable weather throughout the year...We got nightlife,but people also gotta sleep in California,so that's why we have Vegas if we want that 24/7 nonstop entertainment nearby...Your theme parks is an expansion of California's innovative ideas,and Florida luckily had a lot of undeveloped land for your theme parks to be created bigger,unlike out here in California where empty land was limited for further expansion...I'm sure Florida has certain areas that you consider as exciting,but out here in California when we think of Florida we think of "Disneyworld"..."Miami Beach"...and "Orange Juice".

Quote:

than Florida.

Florida is in a great location for flights to Canada, South America, Northeast U.S., Europe, Caribbean etc. California almost seems like a wild west outpost California is much more isolated compared to the extremely populated Eastern U.S. Even Los Angeles and San Francisco don't want anything to do with each other.

Old 05-27-2023, 09:48 PM

2,602 posts, read 1,205,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californiaguy2007 View Post
California alone offers much more diversity of things to see and do than Florida in my opinion,and California has better weather year-round and scenery.

California is also close to Las Vegas and Hawaii is nearby as well.

The way I see it is Florida wants to be California-like...Even Texas wants to be California-like.
It's not 2007 any more.

California is no longer the Golden state...still a pretty decent place but no, tx and fl do not want to be anything like it.

I do like LA/SD a lot, but besides those (coming from the NE) cities in California are by and large bland and subpar.

The national park areas and smaller towns are pretty cool.

And the northern Mountain area is really cool and underrated.

The Bay area is a bland dump.

Old 05-27-2023, 10:49 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,872,333 times
2007 is the year I joined CityData in case your wondering,and I don't expect everyone to like California,but I am very optimistic with what happens here in this state.

California will always remain the Golden State no matter what issues we face here,and yes Florida and Texas desperately wants to be the next California,which is why both are racing to surpass California's Population and Economy,and desperately do whatever it can to lure businesses from The Golden State instead of creating your own Startups in your States...The same issues Florida and Texas taunt California about,will occur in your States down the road from rapid population growth and rapid development.

Your States are already noticing the rise in the Cost of Living which is just the tip of the iceberg.

I don't hate Florida or Texas,but I am very defensive when it comes to California as you have noticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
It's not 2007 any more.

California is no longer the Golden state...still a pretty decent place but no, tx and fl do not want to be anything like it.

I do like LA/SD a lot, but besides those (coming from the NE) cities in California are by and large bland and subpar.

The national park areas and smaller towns are pretty cool.

And the northern Mountain area is really cool and underrated.

The Bay area is a bland dump.

Old 05-28-2023, 04:02 AM

381 posts, read 278,864 times
Quote:
We both know Florida destroys any other state's beaches on the mainland in both quality and quantity. Without Florida the U.S. wouldn't even have any major beach or tropical states. The U.S.'s nightlife/party brand would take a massive hit too.
If you like crowded small and ugly fl beaches fit the bill very nicely

Old 05-28-2023, 11:14 AM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrat View Post
If you like crowded small and ugly fl beaches fit the bill very nicely
Have you ever been to Siesta key or Daytona beaches?

They are massively huge. You have to walk about 200 yards across the sand just to get to the water line.

Old 05-29-2023, 08:42 AM

9,356 posts, read 14,297,668 times
I would say that Florida has a unique set of water activities, mainly because of its coastal/inland waterways, ocean, bay, gulf, and swamp.

As for the rest, there are better beaches elsewhere, more or less the same theme parks elsewhere, more or less the same nightlife elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida