Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2023, 05:14 AM

25,708 posts, read 12,786,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
We haven't lost a thing in Florida. As far as we are concerned you can enjoy all that good stuff in Florida and we will enjoy the Carolina Coast. When it gets so hot you cannot walk in the sand it is a little hard to enjoy the beach. We prefer cleaner, more natural and less commercialized places and in the really hot summertime the waterfalls and creeks in Western North Carolina and the beach at Lake Lure is a much more pleasant place to be.
On Siesta Key, the sand is so white, it reflects most of the Suns rays and doesnt get hot. Its 99.9% quartz, & stays cool year round....problem solved.

Florida is #1 all around, which is why so many people are flocking here, and have been doing so since for decades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2023, 05:47 AM

20,099 posts, read 9,006,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
On Siesta Key, the sand is so white, it reflects most of the Suns rays and doesnt get hot. Its 99.9% quartz, & stays cool year round....problem solved.

Florida is #1 all around, which is why so many people are flocking here, and have been doing so since for decades.
SK is a beautiful beach, just be there before 9am if you want to park your car and use the beach. The incredible crowds ruin it for me. Best to find another beach IMO. The red tide is also a concern. Plenty of people with money in Florida, plenty of poor people too.

Old 03-22-2023, 12:13 PM

12 posts, read 9,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Visit a great theme park like Cedar Point or Canada's Wonderland and it will make the mouseland look like a traveling carnival.
I've been to Cedar Point. Are you kidding or?

Old 03-22-2023, 01:49 PM

17,148 posts, read 15,357,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Visit a great theme park like Cedar Point or Canada's Wonderland and it will make the mouseland look like a traveling carnival.
Seriously???

I grew up in Canada, going to Wonderland, La Ronde, etc... No. Just... No. Different planets basically.

Old 03-23-2023, 05:06 AM

9,358 posts, read 14,301,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokozel View Post
I was thinking of fun things to do the other day and I came to a sort of realization. If you look at that unique combination of major offerings that Florida has and then try to find even just one other state that offers anything close to that incredibly unique powerhouse combination, it's much harder than you think. I couldn't even really think of a single other state out of 49 so I just gave up. Any thoughts or suggestions on other states that have the same kind of thing going on? Am I missing something??
Florida offers no state income tax and warm temperatures year round, plenty of water, and both the Atlantic and Gulf coasts.

Texas offers only the Gulf coast and property taxes are higher.

In my experience, the beaches on mainland United States are nothing special compared to the Caribbean or even Portugal, possibly Australia and some island Pacific, not sure.

Nevada is dry, and dry and cold up north.

As mentioned, Florida is actually quite boring in terms of topography, unless one enjoys swamp-related activities.

Regardless, for many people warm temperatures year round, no state income taxes, and comparatively reasonable property taxes (cfr. Texas, northeast states) outweigh variety of topography.

Lately insurance costs have become worrisome, but for a lot of people still not a deal-breaker.

Old 05-26-2023, 12:28 PM

1 posts, read 287 times
It's definitely more than in the conversation. Where else are you comparing it to?

Old 05-26-2023, 11:53 PM

835 posts, read 475,295 times
Florida is a strong tool in my arsenal of entertainment, one of many.

Old 05-27-2023, 12:28 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,873,273 times
California alone offers much more diversity of things to see and do than Florida in my opinion,and California has better weather year-round and scenery.

California is also close to Las Vegas and Hawaii is nearby as well.

The way I see it is Florida wants to be California-like...Even Texas wants to be California-like.

Old 05-27-2023, 05:00 AM

381 posts, read 279,387 times
best beaches? no they actually suck for the most part, not interested in "nightlife so?
Fl does have its share of theme parks thats for sure

Old 05-27-2023, 10:57 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,873,273 times
I also wanted to add Disneyworld,Universal Studios,SeaWorld all started out in California,so if it wasn't for California you wouldn't have those Theme Parks in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida