Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2022, 12:32 PM

777 posts, read 503,312 times

Advertisements

I am a native of and commuted all over SoCal for years. The fast lane, lane #1, is for going fast, whatever your definition of that term means, and every lane to the right of that should be about 10 mph slower. I like the #2 lane, where there are more options in case of an "Oh *****" situation, and use the #1 as a passing lane. If somebody comes up onto my rear bumper in the #1 lane, I get over ASAP. I did notice one interesting phenomenon, though. When I got back into riding bikes after my kids were grown, I bought a Harley Sportster, and someone gave me a smallish Harley sticker. As a goof, I put it in my rear window, and darn if that didn't seem to cut down on tailgators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2022, 01:42 PM

17,280 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW R1100 View Post
I bought a Harley Sportster, and someone gave me a smallish Harley sticker. As a goof, I put it in my rear window, and darn if that didn't seem to cut down on tailgators.
Because Harley riders are all supposed to be tough like the Hells Angels?

A real hells angel wouldn't likely have a smallish Harley sticker so I'd think the owner was a dentist/stockbroker type or something.

Old 12-29-2022, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
HA!!! Was this in July by chance???
Fathers day weekend.......so no June!

Old 12-29-2022, 01:46 PM

I found the OP today............yep 55 in the left lane of the turnpike! Flow was 80ish and black SUV cuts all the way over and is running 55! I was 85% close to passing in the left break down lane but I didn't do it.......that would make me as crazy as 55 mph left lane bandit.

Old 12-30-2022, 08:39 AM

17,142 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Sounds like a case of road rage to me. It's driving as you describe, slaloming in and out of traffic at speeds way above the limits in your trophy "muscle vehicle" and swinging into the right lane behind a much slower driver, slamming on your brakes and losing control of your vehicle and swerving all over the highway, that causes many of the multicar accidents as people try to get out of your way.

News to you, others are not the ones who look stupid with those driving habits you describe.
I really hope that this guy is no older than 18… Because no grown man should be acting like that.

Old 12-30-2022, 02:10 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
I really hope that this guy is no older than 18… Because no grown man should be acting like that.
I was thinking middle school, emotionally at least.

Old 12-30-2022, 03:35 PM

152 posts, read 130,556 times
Quote:
You're joking right? You've lived in Orlando. Plenty of children in adults bodies. Dime a dozen here. You should know that by now.

Old 12-30-2022, 10:44 PM

17,142 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneParty2022 View Post
You're joking right? You've lived in Orlando. Plenty of children in adults bodies. Dime a dozen here. You should know that by now.
Please stop trolling.

Old 12-31-2022, 06:13 AM

1,129 posts, read 469,810 times
I travel the " Less Stressway " most months twice top to bottom and after a 9 hour flight across the Atlantic to Miami, both ways I do my very best to get as much rest as possible in anticipation of what has become a seriously life threatening few hours !

I agree totally about the idiots who cruise in the outer lane at or under the speed limit like they are off to church whilst leaving the inner totally lanes empty causing even the most sensible driver no option but to undertake.

My journey is totally stressful from the moment we set off, with the mixture of the don't give a damns in the outer lane blocking the carriageways to the knuckleheads zigzagger´s who traverse lane to lane with such frequency you'd have trouble keeping food down as a passenger.

The worse part I think for most normal folks is that you get dragged into this madness, no matter which lane you are in the zigzagger will use your safe driving distance as a momentary pause before there next suicidal dash to someone else's safe driving gap making all the normal folks lose their mind's and begin to close their gap to the point of tailgating and now they are sweating and daren't blink or lose concentration for a nano second in fear of becoming the poor people in the wreck you just past.

After 5 years of doing this craziness and seeing it get worse each year I'm now changing future flights to Orlando in the hope I might live a little longer.

Old 12-31-2022, 10:12 AM

152 posts, read 130,556 times
Florida is a mix of cultures and implants. In some cultures travelling 4 inches from the front car's rear bumper is considered safe following space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida