Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2022, 02:47 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
ok people here's the Florida rules.....

4 lane highway....left (outside lane) to right (inside lane)

1st lane.....speed limit
2nd lane.....~10 mph over the limit
3rd lane.....~ 10-20 over that limit
4th lane....balls to the wall
I don't need any rules jules. With my modded C6 Vette not many stand a chance passing me unless i let em. If i am doing a few over the speed limit and someone wants to go faster they can go around. Very rare i am on a highway with speed limits over 55 but when i am i am known to do WOT burst to 160mph+.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2022, 03:00 PM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I don't need any rules jules. With my modded C6 Vette not many stand a chance passing me unless i let em. If i am doing a few over the speed limit and someone wants to go faster they can go around. Very rare i am on a highway with speed limits over 55 but when i am i am known to do WOT burst to 160mph+.
Pressing your luck Chuck........

Sealing your fate Nate.......

Your out doing 16 dimes but not leaving anymore rhymes!

Old 12-25-2022, 03:14 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Pressing your luck Chuck........

Sealing your fate Nate.......

Your out doing 16 dimes but not leaving anymore rhymes!
It's only few a secs anyways jay. When my Vette club has a cruise we let it rip on the back roads like silly toads. Fun to have 40+ Vettes doing 130+.

Old 12-25-2022, 04:03 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,138,222 times
Pretty much all of Florida is the perfect storm of people doing literally everything wrong while operating a motor vehicle. It's annoying, but one gets desensitized to it pretty quickly. Pedestrians and cyclists seem to have a death wish, too.

Old 12-25-2022, 04:05 PM

1,333 posts, read 2,200,722 times
Pretty much all highway driving in Florida is speed limit + 10 or more. If you go any lower, you are seriously risking your life and other people's lives.

Old 12-26-2022, 07:09 AM

17 posts, read 23,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Exactly!

https://floridasturnpike.com/about/f...-ed1164c2-c1a8

ducerek, was there construction where you were driving? Did you see what the posted speed limit was?
Yes there was construction. Speed limit was 55 (which is where I got cut off the most). Normal limit without construction is 65.

I am not surprised with the aggressiveness of people. I am sure there are people driving near the speed limit too on any road. seniors and people carrying their families and all. I am just baffled because I got cut off even on the right lane (which I think doing near 70 is still acceptable). I don't stay in the center or left lane for long unless I am getting in and out of a rest stop.

Old 12-26-2022, 07:44 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
Pretty much all of Florida is the perfect storm of people doing literally everything wrong while operating a motor vehicle. It's annoying, but one gets desensitized to it pretty quickly. Pedestrians and cyclists seem to have a death wish, too.
You can easily think that but remember where most of these fine drivers originated from (up north and in some cases S.American/Carribbean countries).

I was driving on the Long Island Expressway last summer when I heard "a train type noise" yet there was no train. Then I realized the guy passing me on the right (10-15 mph faster) was driving a Honda Accord on the rim (no tire). The metal on asphalt sound was what I was hearing. He must have been a Florida guy on vacation right?

Old 12-26-2022, 09:15 AM

17,201 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
You can easily think that but remember where most of these fine drivers originated from (up north and in some cases S.American/Carribbean countries).

I was driving on the Long Island Expressway last summer when I heard "a train type noise" yet there was no train. Then I realized the guy passing me on the right (10-15 mph faster) was driving a Honda Accord on the rim (no tire). The metal on asphalt sound was what I was hearing. He must have been a Florida guy on vacation right?
HA!!! Was this in July by chance???

Old 12-29-2022, 08:44 AM

835 posts, read 476,899 times
I do not understand why people try to play traffic cop in these highways and not just move over for faster traffic, regardless of legality. The FHP is struggling for cadets right now, if you want to be paid to hold up traffic all day, I can provide the job app link. You as a civilian have no right, impetus, duty, or otherwise to hold us faster drivers up, and what you’re doing may even be illegal.

I just love people who try to floor it to block me from passing when I get into the next lane parallel to them then they just look stupid when I blow right past them with my TwinPower Turbo engine in track mode. I don’t know why people repeatedly try to outrun my SPORTS CAR in SUVs, Nissan Altimas, and Ford F150s, and other slow turd vehicles but they fail every time, just as in the case in LKJ saying above. I then roll my window down and put my thumb and pointer finger into an L then point at the failure driver as to say, totally intentionally, “You are a LOSER and WILL NOT prevent me from passing.”

Safety? I guess you like inching along 5mph at 5pm up 95NB for 2 hours every evening. Give me a break. “Safety” is the sole reason that traffic slows to a crawl at that time on the interstate on weekdays, I guess you 65mph-in-the-left-lane-people must enjoy it.

Old 12-29-2022, 11:10 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post
I do not understand why people try to play traffic cop in these highways and not just move over for faster traffic, regardless of legality. The FHP is struggling for cadets right now, if you want to be paid to hold up traffic all day, I can provide the job app link. You as a civilian have no right, impetus, duty, or otherwise to hold us faster drivers up, and what you’re doing may even be illegal.

I just love people who try to floor it to block me from passing when I get into the next lane parallel to them then they just look stupid when I blow right past them with my TwinPower Turbo engine in track mode. I don’t know why people repeatedly try to outrun my SPORTS CAR in SUVs, Nissan Altimas, and Ford F150s, and other slow turd vehicles but they fail every time, just as in the case in LKJ saying above. I then roll my window down and put my thumb and pointer finger into an L then point at the failure driver as to say, totally intentionally, “You are a LOSER and WILL NOT prevent me from passing.”

Safety? I guess you like inching along 5mph at 5pm up 95NB for 2 hours every evening. Give me a break. “Safety” is the sole reason that traffic slows to a crawl at that time on the interstate on weekdays, I guess you 65mph-in-the-left-lane-people must enjoy it.
Sounds like a case of road rage to me. It's driving as you describe, slaloming in and out of traffic at speeds way above the limits in your trophy "muscle vehicle" and swinging into the right lane behind a much slower driver, slamming on your brakes and losing control of your vehicle and swerving all over the highway, that causes many of the multicar accidents as people try to get out of your way.

News to you, others are not the ones who look stupid with those driving habits you describe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida