Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2021, 11:32 AM

2,580 posts, read 3,746,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouthForChrist View Post
That would be fine and great, but that's not what they are engaging in. Any effort to dismantle the structure of policing as a necessary/integral component of civilized society and demonizing them universally is not the same as dealing with a small "assortment of bad cops". Demonizing police writ large is not dealing effectively with the relative small failures of the profession. Failures should not be overlooked or go unpunished. The answer is not anarchy and lawlessness or resignation or capitulating to criminals
Ignore the crazies. Just because they are the loudest and get all of the attention doesn’t mean that most or all liberals/Democrats want to go that far. Most just want “accountability” similar to what happened in education during the 2010s. (The efficacy of those measures are up for debate on another thread.) But just like education, you have the majority who just want some accountability while the most noisy people want to abolish public education altogether.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2021, 08:02 PM

71 posts, read 55,959 times
Dismantling policing is not tantamount to accountability.

Accountability has become a catchphrase for eradication of law and order, through actions of "defunding" and the installation of "social workers" for criminals and other bad actors.

These are the same idiots who think "gun control" is the answer to bad actions from bad people. Bad people don't need a gun to do bad or horrific things. If criminals want a gun, they'll obtain one, no matter how strict the current laws are....and they are pretty strict already.

If guns were made illegal, criminals will still get them to comment violence....that;s what criminals do...duh

Old 10-25-2021, 01:10 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,919,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I guess you either haven’t been paying attention to what’s coming out of the hard left wing politicians’ mouths, or we disagree on the definition of “vilification”.
Of course I've heard some of it, but certainly not here. Not even in 'liberal with a capital L' Atlanta. Where exactly are you hearing it down there, or anywhere that would effect you? I'm betting you haven't heard a damn thing.

Old 04-29-2022, 10:48 PM

835 posts, read 474,708 times
A lot of the accidents I’ve seen down here seem to involve mixing daredevils doing 120mph with other folk who are unfamiliar with the area, elderly, foreign, or otherwise going slow as in the OP. To some extent, both parties are wrong: The daredevil shouldn’t be doing 120, but you’re also not supposed to switch lanes without checking the conditions in the lane you’re switching into are clear of any hazards, including cars coming up behind you at a high rate of speed. A lot of people here just assume the coast is clear and that someone is going to let them in which is where accidents stem from.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:11 PM

367 posts, read 303,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
Regardless., the left lane it's really a passing lane, you pass, speed up and move right because certainly there will be someone behind wanting to go faster than you.

If you're doinn 90 mph or 110 mph on the passing lane that is your business and the Sheriffs or Troopers will also eventually catch up with you too.

Speed Limits are there for a REASON and so is the Passing Lane too
Yeah Karen, speed limits are there solely for revenue.

Old 11-08-2023, 06:11 PM

23 posts, read 14,872 times
They ain’t catching my Vette!

Old 11-09-2023, 04:33 AM

835 posts, read 474,708 times
I’d say 90% of my driving here is switching lanes to get around people who are going slow, which shouldn’t be how it is given that state law states that you must yield to faster traffic (regardless of whether they are above the speed limit - the speed limit is moot). If you were walking in the street and someone ran up behind you, you would just move out of the way. Why should cars be any different?

Old 11-10-2023, 04:45 AM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnyvette View Post
They ain’t catching my Vette!
Or mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida