Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2023, 02:18 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,910,477 times

Advertisements

I couldn't help but think about Southwest's recent boondoggle in light of CAE's continued growth (minus the pandemic impacts) when naysayers all but pronounced the airport dead back in 2010 when the airline announced its plans to begin service at CHS and GSP but not CAE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2023, 09:33 PM

2,130 posts, read 2,271,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I couldn't help but think about Southwest's recent boondoggle in light of CAE's continued growth (minus the pandemic impacts) when naysayers all but pronounced the airport dead back in 2010 when the airline announced its plans to begin service at CHS and GSP but not CAE.
Who knows, maybe we’ll land then because rumor has it CAE is having good discussions with low cost carriers at the moment. Also, CAE tops 1 million passengers last year.

https://columbiabusinessreport.com/n...tourism/83087/

Old 02-05-2023, 04:20 PM

8,227 posts, read 13,345,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
Who knows, maybe we’ll land then because rumor has it CAE is having good discussions with low cost carriers at the moment. Also, CAE tops 1 million passengers last year.

https://columbiabusinessreport.com/n...tourism/83087/

I wonder if CAE could land this discount carrier.. I have no idea where it would fly from CAE..Florida seems to only work seasonally so maybe Chicago, BWI or New Haven (Northeast)?

https://www.aveloair.com/

Old 05-10-2023, 06:53 AM

https://www.wistv.com/2023/05/05/ame...litan-airport/

Old 05-10-2023, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Wow- American is really putting the pressure on Delta and United.

Does the “restarting” of this Miami flight mean that it won’t be seasonal? I could have really used this non-stop about a month ago where my flight from Miami to CLT was delayed. I was midflight where I saw I missed my connection via flightaware while also commencing to fly right over the Columbia metro area. I was pretty mad haha.

On my way back to Greece, the United flight from Cae to Chicago was slap full. So it’s good to see America sees an uptick and is adding this flight as an option.

Old 05-10-2023, 10:48 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,844,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
Wow- American is really putting the pressure on Delta and United.

Does the “restarting” of this Miami flight mean that it won’t be seasonal? I could have really used this non-stop about a month ago where my flight from Miami to CLT was delayed. I was midflight where I saw I missed my connection via flightaware while also commencing to fly right over the Columbia metro area. I was pretty mad haha.

On my way back to Greece, the United flight from Cae to Chicago was slap full. So it’s good to see America sees an uptick and is adding this flight as an option.
So far the Miami flight is seasonal but I believe in an older press release they said if passenger load factors are high enough it will go back to year round. With American wanting to compete with Delta and United on flight routes, it would be great if United brought back Houston and Newark, and if Delta would bring back Detroit and JFK.

Old 05-10-2023, 12:31 PM

Just curious on peoples preferred airline in terms of service? I use American quite a bit coming from the Baltimore/DC area to Columbia. However; when traveling to other destinations using both United and Delta. I have to say I prefer Delta.. followed by United in terms of reliability and customer service. Maybe I was just fortunate those times on those airlines. I was curious on other's experiences. Dont get me wrong.. I dont hate American and I have racked up quite a few miles. During the pandemic they were offering a gazillion miles plus two roundtrip tickets just to get their credit card.. In hindsight I wish I had done it.. LOL

Old 05-10-2023, 11:31 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,844,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Just curious on peoples preferred airline in terms of service? I use American quite a bit coming from the Baltimore/DC area to Columbia. However; when traveling to other destinations using both United and Delta. I have to say I prefer Delta.. followed by United in terms of reliability and customer service. Maybe I was just fortunate those times on those airlines. I was curious on other's experiences. Dont get me wrong.. I dont hate American and I have racked up quite a few miles. During the pandemic they were offering a gazillion miles plus two roundtrip tickets just to get their credit card.. In hindsight I wish I had done it.. LOL
From experience I would say Delta, American, United in that order.

Old 05-11-2023, 07:15 AM

1,802 posts, read 2,030,690 times
For me, it depends on the type of flight.

Long-haul (West Coast / overseas): United, American, Delta
Short-haul domestic: Delta, American, United

Old 05-11-2023, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCxpBrussel View Post
For me, it depends on the type of flight.

Long-haul (West Coast / overseas): United, American, Delta
Short-haul domestic: Delta, American, United
100% exactly agree and in that order. I don’t know why, but I’ve always had good experiences with United on overseas flights.

I think next time, though, I’m going to use Delta as there’a a direct flight to ATL from ATH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area