Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2022, 01:01 PM

2,130 posts, read 2,271,627 times

Advertisements

I messaged their Instagram and the head marketer whos in charge of their account responded "We hope to have the project complete by Fall of 2022!"

It's a pretty intensive project so I wouldn't be surprised if it goes longer but fall of this year would be pretty neat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2022, 08:31 PM

8,227 posts, read 13,345,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
I messaged their Instagram and the head marketer whos in charge of their account responded "We hope to have the project complete by Fall of 2022!"

It's a pretty intensive project so I wouldn't be surprised if it goes longer but fall of this year would be pretty neat.
DCA had a similar set up where you had to carry and drop your bag at the TSA.

I recall one time traveling with a guy from Nigeria and when he dropped his bag at the TSA he dutifully began to wait for the TSA agent to inspect it.. She waived him on and he looked confused. Having traveled in Nigeria travelers are told to watch your bags even when they are in the hands of government/airport officials. . So I understand his confusion. LOL

Old 07-02-2022, 08:27 AM

1,101 posts, read 1,336,745 times
Default I’m more curious when CLT departures area will be done

I’m way more curious when CLT arrival area will be done so that all the parking lot buses
Won’t be clogging up that one road. The road seems to be complete but still cranes in the sky
so likely another year

Old 07-04-2022, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
DCA had a similar set up where you had to carry and drop your bag at the TSA.

I recall one time traveling with a guy from Nigeria and when he dropped his bag at the TSA he dutifully began to wait for the TSA agent to inspect it.. She waived him on and he looked confused. Having traveled in Nigeria travelers are told to watch your bags even when they are in the hands of government/airport officials. . So I understand his confusion. LOL
Haha! Yeah I can see the conflict that Nigerian guy was having. I still want to see the the main door/entrance they said they redid. Is there that big of a difference?

Old 07-06-2022, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Haha! Yeah I can see the conflict that Nigerian guy was having. I still want to see the the main door/entrance they said they redid. Is there that big of a difference?
Not from what I can see other than the location of the American and Delta Counters... which I believe is temporary. Maybe they changed the glass to a carolina blue tint or something.... LOL

Just curious if CAE had any major impacts of the massive flight cancellations? I went through CLT on my way to MSY and the rebooking customer counter looked horrible ...for American at least. Speaking of new terminals.....New Orleans has a brand new airport terminal. It was kind of weird to see the old one standing empty on the other side of the tarmac...Its perfect for a dystopian movie where the Walking Dead meets Escape from NY as people hunker down waiting to evacuate... it would be perfect for that....unfortunately Katrina provided a real life nightmare in that old terminal so be glad t many will be glad to see it go....

Old 07-11-2022, 06:34 AM

Cool, thanks for that info. When I was in Columbia in April I think I walked right through the doors themselves but didn't notice anything lol But then again my mind was on a million other things.

I'm not sure about the flight cancellations. Was it just a sort of weekly thing where a bunch of flights were canceled? From what I've been following CAE has kept pretty much all of their flights intact, including the Miami route with American. Which makes me wonder, what ever happened to Silver airlines? Are they still at CAE? I thought they had a twice a week route to Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando or something like that?

Old 07-11-2022, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Cool, thanks for that info. When I was in Columbia in April I think I walked right through the doors themselves but didn't notice anything lol But then again my mind was on a million other things.

I'm not sure about the flight cancellations. Was it just a sort of weekly thing where a bunch of flights were canceled? From what I've been following CAE has kept pretty much all of their flights intact, including the Miami route with American. Which makes me wonder, what ever happened to Silver airlines? Are they still at CAE? I thought they had a twice a week route to Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando or something like that?
It was a national cancellation. I know American was adversely affected because of pilot shortages and some glitch with some check in system for pilots and their upcoming flight...Airlines were blaming airports and FAA while said parties were blaming airlines for pandemic layoffs and increase in travel for the holidays... I think there is enough blame to go around... LOL

Old 07-20-2022, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
It was a national cancellation. I know American was adversely affected because of pilot shortages and some glitch with some check in system for pilots and their upcoming flight...Airlines were blaming airports and FAA while said parties were blaming airlines for pandemic layoffs and increase in travel for the holidays... I think there is enough blame to go around... LOL
Agreed, although it’s tough to have much sympathy for airline companies nowadays.

On a different note, what happened with Silver airlines? Did they pull out of CAE??

Old 08-08-2022, 08:40 AM

I still miss these guys....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_Air#Fleet

Old 09-02-2022, 08:47 AM

Was just down at CAE... has anyone else observed the TSA at CAE? I have to say they are very "thorough". It took myself and two other passengers nearly 15 minutes to go through and there was nobody in line for miles. Not a huge deal but they are very meticulous to say the least. At any rate I see the SC ANG is stationed out at CAE I guess while work is being done at McEntire ANG Base which was neat to see.

Not to turn this into a CLT thread but the new remote runway that is west of the main airport. You have to pass over a rail yard to get to the main airport. Is that railyard actually some form of air to rail intermodal? I havent seen anything like that before.... just didnt know if anyone here knew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area