Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 02:51 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,563,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
So tell me, all you folks who say the dating scene here sucks, what makes it so much better somewhere else? What do other cities do/have that Colorado Springs doesn't do/have? Surely we don't need more bars.
People between the ages of 20 and 35!

A large college, which helps breed culture (art, coffee shops, music scene, etc.)

Good and diverse restaurants

A good central location for folks to hang out and do things (downtown CS does not fit this bill)

Lack of judgement that if you're over the age of 25 and not married you've made poor life choices.

Jobs for people in the above age groups (especially the type of jobs for 20-somethings to just enjoy a few years (coffee shops, good retail stores, non-profit).

Seriously, spend some time on the West Coast and you will see a night and day difference in dating scene/attitudes towards singles/early marriage. In many places it is considered kind of odd to be married before 30, versus CO, and esp. CS, it is very odd to not want to be married by 23.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:00 PM

10 posts, read 105,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug24 View Post
Didn't get this point.. So who is the POS in this scenario - military or civilian guy?
The guy can be a complete tool and yet women will date him still because he looks good, has a stable paycheck with benefits.

Thats how it works out here.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:48 PM

196 posts, read 564,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VF1Skullangel View Post
The guy can be a complete tool and yet women will date him still because he looks good, has a stable paycheck with benefits.

Isn't it the way the rest of the wolrd operates as well?

Old 09-15-2010, 08:19 AM

10 posts, read 105,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug24 View Post
Isn't it the way the rest of the wolrd operates as well?

I hope its not true.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:32 AM

641 posts, read 2,277,380 times
I'm afraid that's everywhere bruther! Good looks, steady income, benefits?...those aren't bad things to have.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:35 PM

15 posts, read 60,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VF1Skullangel View Post

Seems like you have a big chip on your shoulder.

I'm getting out of school soon and have a couple locations I can be posted to, Ft Carson is one of them. Of course, I am just trying to get my ducks in a row in a here as I am a young, single guy who will be making a 'steady paycheck'.

I love the outdoors but the singles scene in CO springs seems to be the way of a large military base in a small or run down town. Even Denver seems to have a ton of single guys and I can't imagine CS being very good with all the military presence and local families.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:20 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,066,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre364 View Post
... I love the outdoors but the singles scene in CO springs seems to be the way of a large military base in a small or run down town. Even Denver seems to have a ton of single guys and I can't imagine CS being very good with all the military presence and local families.
Good thinking. Fort Carson is a very large Army base, IIRC, over 30,000 actuve duty soldiers. Most towns with large Army bases tend to have an imbalance of lots of single males and fewer single females. If you want to be where there are more females, get stationed to the DC area.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:30 PM

665 posts, read 1,295,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemess10 View Post

Lack of judgement that if you're over the age of 25 and not married you've made poor life choice.
I think this shows incredibly good judgment. I don't think people realize who they are or what they want until they're at least 25. I have no doubt that if I would be married at an earlier age it wouldn't have lasted. Sure it works for some, but the divorce rate says something.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:39 AM

2 posts, read 5,579 times
Default Bad practice

As far as the dating scene I'm not sure what to suggest to improve the climate in C/S. It seems things here are a little cooler than other places I've lived. I've gone up to a girl at a bar downtown and just casually introduced myself and gotten the look like I just asked to have a quicky in the alley :P It could be that a lot of women have had their hearts broken by a young military guy that got his loving and then moved away. It might just be a local cultural thing so us as men have to change our tactics instead of complaining right? There are always a lot of single men around military bases and C/S has more than it's fair share. But don't villainize the military They are guys just like the rest of us that made a career choice. I'm not sure where this idea that "all" women want a military guy originated from. I've actually heard a lot of the opposite. Many women (unless 18-21 or so that are mostly shallow and looking for highschool fun) aren't really that interested in dating military guys. Someone complained that all these military guys have money and confidence. I can understand if you don't have a lot of money but confidence has absolutely nothing to do with anything but yourself. A woman wants someone that is fun and confident...kind of what I think we look for in a woman. Hell if you're broke, "walk up to the bar and order a water on the rocks" and introduce yourself with a smile to the lady you're interested in. Corny? maybe, but putting yourself out there is part of the thrill. Don't blame the other players, instead change your tactics and remember that a job does not make the man. There are plenty of nice single ladies out there...I prefer the downtown areas and if you are over 30 or just looking for a fun crowd without all the 20's crowd try Southside Johnnys.

Last edited by mickyficky; 09-24-2010 at 11:54 AM..

Old 09-25-2010, 11:13 AM

46 posts, read 171,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terytee View Post
Since when did being military or being associated with the military become such a negative?? Many on this thread use the term "military" in such a derogatory way. Why is that?
For me, the problem with dating a military guy is that I want to physically be with my boyfriend. I want to be able to hug and kiss him on at least a weekly basis. I can't imagine being away from my soulmate for a whole year! That is just craziness to me. Way too hard emotionally. That's why I'm negative about dating military men. It's not that it's derogatory or disrespectful in any way, I just don't want a boyfriend that isn't around.

And as far as the rest of the single scene goes, I think it's more about networking and finding people that you have things in common with, not meeting drunkenly at a bar. Get involved with things you're passionate about and you'll surely find people you want to to spend time with. The more people you meet, the more likely you are to find someone single to date. I'm sure there are plenty of young, attractive, single people in Springs, it's just a matter of meeting them. That's what I'm hoping for anyway... (and for me, anywhere has gotta be better than Pueblo, ugh)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs