Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 04:51 PM

11 posts, read 29,598 times

Advertisements

I am starting a job in the Briargate area near the end of the month and am finalizing renting a condo near Ute Valley. Posts like this are starting to concern me. I want to be able to meet and socialize with people my own age. Should I really be looking at the south side of Denver and planning to commute into the Springs every day?

Old 09-06-2010, 06:04 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,667,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M84 View Post
I am starting a job in the Briargate area near the end of the month and am finalizing renting a condo near Ute Valley. Posts like this are starting to concern me. I want to be able to meet and socialize with people my own age. Should I really be looking at the south side of Denver and planning to commute into the Springs every day?

This is actually a good idea. It would place you right in between both cities. Then you'll have the opportunity to check out what both have to offer. There's plenty of nice, brand-new apartments on the south end of Denver. Also, check out the town of Castle Rock for rentals. Although, I am not too sure what average rents are going for in that area.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:11 PM

6,825 posts, read 10,531,747 times
I would not want to make that commute. Listen, lots of people find the love of their lives here and get married. I don't there's a huge singles scene per se, but somehow people are still meeting and getting married.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:31 PM

26,227 posts, read 49,085,600 times
I'd advise to first live near the new job, learn the area, learn the region, and see how it goes with the local social scene.

If the single scene fails in COLO SPGS, then I'd drive to Denver to see how it is up there, then move there if it's much better. Denver is called "menver" due to the large population of men who move there for the outdoor stuff, so the social scene there for men may be worse than here.

Nightlife, shows, music, arts, etc, is surely many times better in Denver, but the reputed lack of women might make it less enjoyable.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,662 times
Great thread. I'm moving to Manitou Springs in November. I'm 26 single male from Myrtle Beach, SC. I hate to hear the social life is dead. But ohh well, I'll make the drive to Denver. It looks to be about an hour or so...? Maybe I'll just have to scoop up some Military dude's daughters.... When do you plan on moving from Chattanooga?

Old 09-07-2010, 08:28 AM

641 posts, read 2,277,878 times
Awww c'mon peeples. There are no single folks in Co Springs.......none. Riiiight.

There are single folks everywhere.....except maybe Peyton or Calhan. Kidding.

I consider myself a professional Bachelor. Don't wanna get married again...ever, but I date as much as I want. It's not that complicated, and I sure wouldn't move to Denver and deal with the traffic and cost of living, just to date. I would rather live in the location that "I" choose, regardless of the "singleness of the area." BTW, downtown Colorado Springs on a Saturday night is sometimes quite packed with all kinds of people, couples, singles. There are folks everywhere.

If the night life thing isn't your scene try one of the more well-known internet dating sites. You've seen the commercials for them all over TV. I use one and it's really not a horrific thing. They're really not for losers and they're not very expensive.

Successful, professional men and women from all walks of life are "out there" on the sites and I think it's the best thing in the world. Generally, everyone who signs up is single and looking and there are new folks all the time. Hard to imagine how new members are constantly signing up if there are no singles out there.

"Single Scenes" can be very pretentious anyway. You don't have to go trolling at the bars and clubs if you don't want to.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:10 PM

196 posts, read 564,427 times
Terytee
Of course there are single people on Colo Spgs, but for some strange reason I find it terribly difficult to meet new people here.. Never had a problem before.
To all the single folks planning to move here: don't get discouraged, the outdoors will make up for it!!

Old 09-07-2010, 01:58 PM

641 posts, read 2,277,878 times
Understood, but the gist of some of the previous posts are: "If you're single, don't move to COS, you should move to Denver."

Just thought I would point out an option for fellow "Singletons." Meeting people on a dating site might be a better option than moving or driving to Denver for the "single scene."

Old 09-07-2010, 03:56 PM

87 posts, read 220,030 times
Terytee,

I too noticed that the answer to ALOT of questions here are steered towards.." Go To Denver"
or " you'll like LIVING here but if you want entertainment or shopping GO TO DENVER"

psssbbblllt!!! (and that was a polite response, lol )

If people were INTERESTED in DENVER they wouldn't be asking COLORADO SPRINGS questions..

Last edited by WildSkyYonder; 09-07-2010 at 04:15 PM..

Old 09-07-2010, 03:58 PM

87 posts, read 220,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M84 View Post
ohhh ell NO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs