Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 05:02 PM

65 posts, read 181,182 times

Advertisements

I'm 27 year old single female and interested in moving to Colorado Springs. I'd like to get out of where I currently live, Chattanooga, because there isn't much in my field and the single scene sucks here. I'm curious about the dating scene, music scene, and some nightlife. Also what kinds of outdoor activities are available? Thank you.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:07 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,007,205 times
There's precious little of that here in COLO SPGS. The real place for what you seek is in Denver. Suggest you go to the Denver forum and search on terms like nightlife or single or music scene, as there are threads in there on all that.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:14 PM

87 posts, read 219,814 times
I would be more than happy to show you around, Foxxxy..

Old 08-27-2010, 11:54 AM

196 posts, read 564,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxygrl82 View Post
the dating scene, music scene, and some nightlife. Thank you.
Sucks, sucks, sucks.
The outdoors activities are amazing, but if it is not the main concern then I would move somewhere else.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:18 PM

11 posts, read 29,573 times
I'm moving from Memphis in mid-September and would be game for exploring our new town.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:39 PM

87 posts, read 219,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M84 View Post
I'm moving from Memphis in mid-September and would be game for exploring our new town.
Heyyyy!! i saw her first, buddy!

Old 09-05-2010, 03:06 PM

37 posts, read 92,158 times
Default re-C.S. bites for singletons

hi there, sorry to inform you but i speak from direct experience when i say ( with only the intention of poliely informing you not putting you down, just so you know) colorado springs absolutely sucks for singletons. its a very 'family' friendly place to live thus, there are young couples and young families everywhere i turn. no joke. When people find out that i did not come here with a military husband and that to top it all offnot only am i not married, part of a couple nor in the military and almost 30 years old and stiill single & w/o kids people treat me more or less like a leper. other's, with pity and empathy. I would never have moved here knowing what i know now, please keep that in mind before commiting to any moving plans.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:34 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,664,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxygrl82 View Post
I'm 27 year old single female and interested in moving to Colorado Springs. I'd like to get out of where I currently live, Chattanooga, because there isn't much in my field and the single scene sucks here. I'm curious about the dating scene, music scene, and some nightlife. Also what kinds of outdoor activities are available? Thank you.

The Springs is a beautiful place with lots of military families and retirees as its primary demographic. I definitely would not recommend a single person (male or female) move there. Personally, I lived there 8 years before I finally got tired and moved away. There's a large military presence and if that isn't your thing, I don't know that there is much more going on. Nightlife is pretty nonexistent. In fact, when the troops are deployed it really feels like a ghost town. That town survives on its tourism activities, military presence and retirees. Trust me --- you’ll be bored out of your mind there. There are plenty of outdoorsy things to do in Colorado. Hiking, biking, camping, etc. That's one of the highs of living in Colorado. So you should have no problem finding things to do in that regard. I agree with the other poster who suggested that you give Denver a try instead.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 09-05-2010, 04:43 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,122,506 times
Mike knows what he is talking about...Denver! Unless you are seeking for a single guy in the army or air force.

Old 09-05-2010, 07:59 PM

56 posts, read 115,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
Unless you are seeking for a single guy in the army or air force.
Which is not a walk in the park either unless you like feeling single for 1/2 or more of the time your dating/married.... but if I had to do it all over again I'd still marry my husband in a heartbeat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs