Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 10:36 PM

68 posts, read 129,642 times

Advertisements

Hello folks,

I don't mean to sound like a jerk or anything, but I have been living here in COS for about two years now and it seems like there is nothing but married folks that live around here. In other words, it seems as if this town is one of the worst places for a single guy (along with Jacksonville, N.C,.) LOL. Seriously, after I got out of the military I worked for intel until they closed and I started going to school here and that is why I am still here. Don't get me wrong, Colorado is indeed a beautiful state, but when you are my age (late 20s) and are starting to consider finding a mate and getting married this place seems just like the town I was stationed in while in the Marine Corps. I have heard that Denver is a H*** of alot better in terms of the number of single women compared to Colorado Springs. I am only going to be here until I earn enough credit hours and then I will be moving up the road for sure. I was just curious if I am the only single guy (or gal for that matter) who has noticed this. There was a survey a while back that said this town was #2 in the country for dating. IMHO, the folks who conducted that survey are sadly mistaken. Just my humble .02.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:49 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
As a rule, most desirable women get married young. If not, there is probably a reason. Try joining clubs, visting churches, etc. Avoid bars if you're looking for a meaningful relationship (but you kinew that already).

Old 02-10-2009, 02:10 AM

565 posts, read 1,847,359 times
I have a bunch of friends who were single until last year and had dated a bunch of different girls in the Springs. They didn't seem to have any problems finding single women in the area. Well, actually three got married and one is dating only one person now.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:24 AM

224 posts, read 732,469 times
My sister is single in her early thirties. She doesn't really go looking for a date. In other words, she is not downtown hanging out at bars. I wish she would date, but I guess she has to be somewhere where she can meet single guys first.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:43 AM

7,179 posts, read 9,306,900 times
Funny, my 26 year old daughter says that most young men she meets are jerks. So I told her if she wanted unconditional love, to get a dog.

And she did!

Now she's happy.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:58 AM

598 posts, read 1,546,287 times
Nothing but married folks in Colorado Springs? Are you serious? There's single women all over the place. Maybe you're not looking hard enough or not in the right areas. I became divorced last year and started dating for the first time in 20 years...wow, was I surprised. There's single women everywhere. My problem wasn't finding a date, it was deciding which one to date as i didn't want to date casually. I was looking for a serious relationship from the beginning.

I'm in my early 40's, so I know there's certainly more available women in their late 20s than in my age group.

I agree with the advice on the bar scene, but I guess it depends on what you're looking for...really not the place to find your life-long partner, but there are always exceptions.

There are singles groups in churches, running and hiking clubs, on-line stuff, etc. There's a million ways to meet a woman, but it's what you do after you meet her that's most important!

I wish you the best!

Old 02-10-2009, 04:20 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,180,958 times
IMO: I would not suggest going to church as a way to meet women.Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by katzenfreund; 02-10-2009 at 06:36 PM..

Old 02-10-2009, 04:39 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,122,984 times
All of the single women I know attend church and don't usually go clubbing. They are usually found having a girls night out at places like Southside Johnny's, hiking trails, and shopping at Walmart. Grin! There are also plenty who run over by Colorado College alongside Fountain Creek...I know- yuck.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:47 PM

140 posts, read 440,921 times
Try a spin class... or you could take advice from Jay and Silent Bob and hang outside of an abortion clinic? Church never seemed like a logical place to pick up women.

Best advice would be to get out an get some exercise and maybe meet someone in the process. Then if you don't meet someone, you at least got some exercise and in shape which could inevitably lead you to what you are looking for... Actually, don't look around so much and hopefully you'll meet someone when not expecting it. At least that's when I met my wife?

Old 02-10-2009, 10:49 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS-Urbanist;7411797 Church never seemed like a logical place to pick up women.
There are typically many single women in a church. Outside an abortion clinic!? You would prefer that woman to one you would meet in church? Don't take out a big life insurance policy and make her the beneficiary. There may still be some woman SS concentration camp guards still alive if you like older murderous women. OK, I'm getting carried away here, but what's wrong with a woman that goes to church?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs