Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2020, 11:27 AM

11,804 posts, read 8,018,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
It isn't so much that all those people are D's now, it is a LOT of 'Lincoln Republicans' that will vote R if given a better candidate. I personally know probably a dozen in that boat.
Yeah true. I know of a lot of D voters who are not pro the actual candidate but are attempting to oust the current leader.

All I can say for this election is, what a cliff hanger... I waited till about 3am for a conclusion.... now I’m kind of wishing I had just gotten sleep instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2020, 12:52 PM

15,269 posts, read 35,642,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Yeah true. I know of a lot of D voters who are not pro the actual candidate but are attempting to oust the current leader.

All I can say for this election is, what a cliff hanger... I waited till about 3am for a conclusion.... now I’m kind of wishing I had just gotten sleep instead.
Probably no resolution until NV finishes sometime on Thursday.

Old 11-06-2020, 10:39 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times
Glad you're back working again N4C. My husband is still searching...got a promising opportunity, then haven't heard anything since the last interview. It really sucks because he had accepted an opportunity prior to the pandemic that was really great...more bonus, more money, more in line what he wanted to do. Then Covid hit and he had to withdraw since the company started laying people off (would you leave your job to go to a company that was hit hard by the pandemic?) He stopped looking for some time and now has thrown his hat back into the ring but the market is not as robust as before. We are grateful that his current job took him back after he had resigned! (You don't want to burn bridges in this town!)

As for Wilco turning blue, I don't think it will be truly blue. I think it will be purple, meaning you'll have equal number of people left and right, so if you can't stand either then don't move to Wilco now. Round Rock is purple, and for the most part folks get along here. The local officials, I don't know what party they are affiliated with but their policies seem to make people happy for the most part. I would call them "centrist" and to be honest with you I like moderate governance. We have swung too far in either direction.

Old 11-11-2020, 02:54 PM

Early this year I broke my Samsung Galaxy Note 10’s screen by dropping transmission fluid on the face of it. Transmission Fluid is corrosive and literally ATE the screen within seconds. So I had a choice between repairing the screen for about $300 or just buying a new phone, and at the time there was a sale on the iPhone SE’s. I personally never used an iPhone before that point but I went with the iPhone since it was a new phone and with the sale it was going to be cheaper overall.

Hated the choice ever since, it’s an okay phone but feel it’s super overrated. Eats battery like crazy, cumbersome to use and things that should be simple become in-depth and can’t stop the thing from hijacking my radio and playing iTunes whenever I get in my car. Well, my alibi came to past today as I was pulling it out my pocket to send a text and after a clumsy fiddle, out it came from my hand to its inevitable clash with Texan Asphalt. Now I type here with a broken screen and no thoughts as per which phone will be my next victim.

Old 11-11-2020, 02:59 PM

Sorry, but that is kind of funny in a way .

Good luck with a new phone/screen - did you buy the insurance?

Old 11-11-2020, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
Sorry, but that is kind of funny in a way .

Good luck with a new phone/screen - did you buy the insurance?
I gatta check. I can't remember if I got it or not.

Old 11-11-2020, 06:42 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,701,644 times
First bad choice was not getting a screen protector. My protector has soooo many cracks but my screen is fine. Otter boxes are also the best.

I left my phone on the top of my car and drove down FM 1626 from my house to a school about 3 miles away. I saw something fly past me and waved it off until I got to my destination and realized my phone was what flew off. Using the find my iPhone app I found it smashed to pieces, but still functioning. I had to buy a new phone, but the ATT store salvaged my SIM card which backed up my phone perfectly to the point right before I started to text an ex who had decided to be a jerk a few days before. Any evidence of my rebound was lost to the cloud. Point was, the otter box saved everything. Then, when I went to ATT the guy was like “you need the screen protector.”

Old 11-11-2020, 08:52 PM

I need one too. I haven’t thought about it for my previous phones but apparently I can’t go a year without breaking a screen.

Old 11-13-2020, 02:06 PM

Two of my co-workers in Ascension’s IT came down with Covid-19. One of them I was around. I’m not particularly worried but am alittle concerned. Both of them got pretty sick very suddenly. I still feel perfectly fine but it’s probably too early to tell. Thinking of getting tested. I canceled my plans for the day when I found out incase I’m positive and will probably end up having everything delivered to me for atleast 2 weeks.

We’ve been doing router / switch replacements at SMCA, UT and Dell’s Children Medical Center per Cisco’s EoL support for the equipment installed there which is why I haven’t been able to work remote. Working in hospital environments I knew the risk was there so if I catch it, it is what it is. I just hope it doesn’t become serious.

Old 11-13-2020, 02:26 PM

Interesting (in a detached sort of way ). I have two friends that I learned had Covid this past week. One friend's husband got it and she did not really let everyone know right away (on social media, anyway) as it was quite severe and he spent some time on a ventilator. He appears to be recovering now, though. Mid-50s, somewhat overweight but nothing extreme. No other conditions that I know of, but he could have some.

The other is a friend in his mid-40s in excellent health. Just feels a bit crappy, but the worst part for him is rashes on his hands and feet. He is hoping that is as bad as it gets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin