Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2010, 03:09 PM

1,393 posts, read 3,176,256 times

Advertisements

Since I believe I answered that correctly, here is my question.

What Wyoming place of prisoner confinement (aka jail) is used as a haunted Halloween attraction, where is it located, and what is the name of the film that was made there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 08:00 PM

278 posts, read 606,524 times
When I lived in Rawlins, we used to go to the Old Wyoming State Penetentiary on Halloween. Talk about a real haunted house... I believe that there was a movie filmed there called "Prison".

Old 11-02-2010, 05:25 PM

1,393 posts, read 3,176,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poletop View Post
When I lived in Rawlins, we used to go to the Old Wyoming State Penetentiary on Halloween. Talk about a real haunted house... I believe that there was a movie filmed there called "Prison".
Correct! Viggo Mortensen played the lead in that movie, if I remember correctly. Your turn!

Old 11-02-2010, 09:07 PM

Who was "The girl from Wyoming". What did she do?

Old 11-06-2010, 04:01 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,109,820 times
Sounds like a lady with a lot of spunk!

"An Incident" by Alberta Claire, "The Girl from Wyoming... road her horse all over the US back in the early 1900's.

This article was first published in the October 1915 edition of "The Teepee," a Wyoming-based magazine.

Quote:
Alberta Claire, "The Girl from Wyoming"
ALBERTA CLAIRE is a Wyoming girl whose love for the open has led her to perform the unique feat of riding horse back all over the United States. At this writing we are in no position to state just how many miles she and her horse and dog have traveled - we doubt if she knows herself - but she has been all up and down the Pacific Slope; as you can judge from the story she has covered the entire South; her appearance on the streets of New York and other far eastern cities created considerable interest; at present she is somewhere in Michigan or Ohio; it goes without saying that she has been all over this section of the country. She has had a world of experiences many of which get into print from time to time. The lure of the open road, answering the call of the wanderlust, has always had a charm for the nomad that lies hidden in all of us, so when her book is published we predict that it will be well worth reading for those who are in sympathy with her "vagabondage."
(Note: The Long Riders' Guild is unable to find any evidence that Alberta Claire ever did publish a book.)

Last edited by CptnRn; 11-06-2010 at 05:19 PM..

Old 11-07-2010, 09:06 PM

Thanks CptRn. Havn't heard from you in awhile. Welcome back.. Please ask the next question!

Old 11-08-2010, 12:00 PM

Thanks Poletop, I have been lurking around from time to time. I always check back to see if there is anything interesting going on here.

Next question, fill in the blanks:

The population of Wyoming Territory in 1880 was 20,789. Livestock
production (primarily cattle), and mineral production (primarily coal), brought
growth and prosperity to the territory. In 1884, Laramie County and the City of
Cheyenne were identified as the _______ ______ ___ ____ per capita in the United
States.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:01 PM

Hint: The Wyoming State Capital Building has a lot of interesting factual information about the state and its history posted in exhibits around the floors. The answer to this question can be found there on the pillar to the right of the door to Rm.308.

It is also online.

In hind sight I realize the question is kind of obscure, I'm running out of good ones. If no one has a clue, tomorrow I will post the answer and ask a new question.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:54 PM

richest county and city...

Old 11-10-2010, 09:49 PM

Default Veterans Day

Thank you to all of our Veterans...

This person, holds the Distinguished Service Cross, awarded for valor in Vietnam, the Silver Star, the Bronze Star, 2 Purple Hearts, the Soldier's Medal, two Air Medals, National Defense Service Medal, the Vietnamese Cross of Gallentry, and Combat Infantryman Badge. He served in Vietnam from August 1967 to August 1968 and is the highest decorated Vietnam veteran in Wyoming.

Who am I referring to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming