Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2015, 08:46 AM

19,138 posts, read 25,356,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
"How about 1 Under politics and other controver For illegal imagration."
I will have to admit a total inability to understand what that is supposed to mean!
Can you give us your best guess as to what the original poster meant to say with that mess?

Old 02-02-2015, 09:06 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,540,242 times
"rather paid for or not"

This bothers me - every single time I see it! I can't help myself, I yell at the poster, "It's "whether" stupid, not rather!"

I thought it was just one poster, but I see it everywhere lately.

Ask the English Teacher: Rather? Whether?

Old 02-02-2015, 09:33 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,793,392 times
Monday morning on facebook is a great way to wake up, isn't it?

i seen one of these big guys not to long ago.
you are right I would like to be more save the sorry.

like Budweister adds

These comments are all from one conversation in one of those, "You Know You're From" groups. It's obvious they all had the same teacher.

OMG, this means their going out of buisness?

Selling doesnt mean their closing,

remodel make more sellable

Wait,,,their selling it..What???

I think there in the coupon book.

I think they got lazy with thir preparations over the years, changed recepies.

The new owners plan to open tommorroe.

did u say anything, they would of taking care of you that happened to us it just must of been a bad day if u would of explained it to them that u we not happy and they would of did something

Because people we SEALING THEM THAT'S RITE OTHER PEOPLE RECKED IT FOR ALL OF US ,I would like to know what people think when its ALL U CAN EAT NOT YOUR FAMILY AT HOME,NOT THE,NEIGHBORHOOD

i am not saying Yous

Old 02-02-2015, 10:15 AM

3,663 posts, read 5,678,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
Monday morning on facebook is a great way to wake up, isn't it?

i seen one of these big guys not to long ago.
you are right I would like to be more save the sorry.

like Budweister adds

These comments are all from one conversation in one of those, "You Know You're From" groups. It's obvious they all had the same teacher.

OMG, this means their going out of buisness?

Selling doesnt mean their closing,

remodel make more sellable

Wait,,,their selling it..What???

I think there in the coupon book.

I think they got lazy with thir preparations over the years, changed recepies.

The new owners plan to open tommorroe.

did u say anything, they would of taking care of you that happened to us it just must of been a bad day if u would of explained it to them that u we not happy and they would of did something

Because people we SEALING THEM THAT'S RITE OTHER PEOPLE RECKED IT FOR ALL OF US ,I would like to know what people think when its ALL U CAN EAT NOT YOUR FAMILY AT HOME,NOT THE,NEIGHBORHOOD

i am not saying Yous
Thanks for the laugh out loud.

The sentence in bold was noteworthy and stands out. The only place they used any punctuation was the comma. It was as if they were thinking, "I know some punctuation goes here...or somewhere. I just don't know which ones and where."

I tell my students that when they make errors in their spelling and punctuation, smart people make fun of them behind their backs. They don't believe me.

Old 02-02-2015, 11:09 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,793,392 times
Oh, it's true! We do make fun!
I always wonder why people don't take it upon themselves to just brush up on their grammar a little bit. I am horrible with anything to do with mathematics, but I still try to get better. (I never do get better, unfortunately! I can remember all the theme songs from every sitcom I ever saw, though, so at least there's that. Ha.)

Last edited by Nicci6Squirrels; 02-02-2015 at 11:18 AM..

Old 02-02-2015, 11:33 AM

12,527 posts, read 17,558,364 times
Honestly, did she install a Schrader valve on her touche so she could pump it up?

A reference to one of the Kardashians.(sp)

Old 02-02-2015, 06:58 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,450,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I will have to admit a total inability to understand what that is supposed to mean!
Can you give us your best guess as to what the original poster meant to say with that mess?

No help from me... sorry. I reread it a couple of times and even then when I came to the last word my mind wanted to say imagination, not imagration.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:45 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,888,293 times
Quote:
"How about 1 Under politics and other controver For illegal imagration."
Let me pull out this Universal Translator I got from some guy with pointy ears...

"How about another forum under Politics and Other Controversies for Illegal Immigration?"
<....pffzzzzzt...>

Old 02-03-2015, 06:12 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,450,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Let me pull out this Universal Translator I got from some guy with pointy ears...

"How about another forum under Politics and Other Controversies for Illegal Immigration?"
<....pffzzzzzt...>
Thank you, Mr. Nimoy....errr.. Spock. (Which comes from my trivia-filled brain since I didn't watch "Star Trek.")

Old 02-03-2015, 06:47 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,656,002 times
Quote:
No help from me... sorry. I reread it a couple of times and even then when I came to the last word my mind wanted to say imagination, not imagration.
I believe the poster wanted to say:

How about one under Politics and other Controversies...

Oops! Never mind; I just saw Dirt Grinder's post...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.