Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 08:14 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,672,139 times

Advertisements

Have seen pretty much all cities mentioned here except Austin / San Antonio. Except for some iconic ones like NYC, DC, Chicago, San Francisco, LA, Miami and possibly Orlando (maily for its theme parks) the rest start to look like each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2018, 11:07 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,344,934 times
NA Cities I want to visit

1. CDMX - Largest city in North America with epic cuisine, history, and culture. By far the most interesting destination I haven't visited on this continent yet imo

2. Montreal - Seems epic with its architecture, French language, and of course the cuisine

3. Chicago - Seems like a very affordable and walkable city. Probably very comparable to Philadelphia, except bigger. Heard nothing but good things about Chicago, and cannot wait to check it out

4. Merida - Bit of a weird option, but Merida has beautiful colonial architecture, Western Europe-levels of safety (a rarity in Mexico), a very unique regional cuisine, and somehow hasn't been overrun by tourists yet. Really want to visit this place, and ASAP too

5. Guanajato - Looks very bright and colorful, and from what I heard there are a lot of universities there, so should be perfect for 20-somethings

6. New Orleans - The architecture is stunning, the cuisine seems very tasty, and Mardi Gras seems like it would be a real blast. Has to be one of the most exciting cities in the US

7. Santo Domingo - The architecture looks really well-preserved and probably a good place to learn to dance bachata and enjoy Dominican culture

8. Oaxaca - Just for the food, seems legendary there

9. San Francisco - Really want to see the architecture and the nature

10. Puebla - Seems like a cute colonial town with good cuisine

Old 02-10-2018, 10:31 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,847,659 times
Haven't been to NA but would love to.

Highest up on my list are:

NYC
Boston
Montréal
Ville de Québec
Philadelphia
Washington DC
Chicago
Vancouver
Portland, Oregon
Anchorage
San Francisco
Baltimore

Old 02-10-2018, 02:00 PM

400 posts, read 423,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
NA Cities I want to visit

1. CDMX - Largest city in North America with epic cuisine, history, and culture. By far the most interesting destination I haven't visited on this continent yet imo

2. Montreal - Seems epic with its architecture, French language, and of course the cuisine

3. Chicago - Seems like a very affordable and walkable city. Probably very comparable to Philadelphia, except bigger. Heard nothing but good things about Chicago, and cannot wait to check it out

4. Merida - Bit of a weird option, but Merida has beautiful colonial architecture, Western Europe-levels of safety (a rarity in Mexico), a very unique regional cuisine, and somehow hasn't been overrun by tourists yet. Really want to visit this place, and ASAP too

5. Guanajato - Looks very bright and colorful, and from what I heard there are a lot of universities there, so should be perfect for 20-somethings

6. New Orleans - The architecture is stunning, the cuisine seems very tasty, and Mardi Gras seems like it would be a real blast. Has to be one of the most exciting cities in the US

7. Santo Domingo - The architecture looks really well-preserved and probably a good place to learn to dance bachata and enjoy Dominican culture

8. Oaxaca - Just for the food, seems legendary there

9. San Francisco - Really want to see the architecture and the nature

10. Puebla - Seems like a cute colonial town with good cuisine
Re: some of your choices.

I wouldn't call Montreal 'epic' so much as a very pleasant surprise as far as most north american cities are concerned. Very congenial well planned environment, some beautiful architecture ( which Toronto sorely lacks), grrreat food, safe and lively in summer. Quebec City in my personal opinion is epic; the architecture is on another level and the setting superb. I've got a real soft spot for la ville de Quebec.

Highly recommend Guanjuato; been there three times myself and i absolutely loved it.

Old 02-11-2018, 02:55 PM

12,193 posts, read 8,072,054 times
my favorite cities ive been to in US/Canada

1. Boston: Might be biased, but hey its just an amazing affluent fun city to visit. Growing fast too.Food is amaaazing.
2. Miami: Theres nothing like Miami... beaches, cuban food and clubs.
3. Washington DC: I spend more time in Arlington and Georgetown .. which are beautiful. DC and its surroundings are vibrant and fun.
4. Chicago: I think Chicago is arguably one of the most exciting cities. Its gorgeous and has awesome pizza.
5. Vancouver: Vancouver was gorgeous... it is so lively and very very clean.

my least favorite in US/Canada
1. Philadelphia: Maybe its because I went in January, but it was incredibly boring.
2. Hartford: Ehh just not my cup of tea.
3. Fort Wayne, IN: Theres nothing really going on here.
4. Syracuse: Destiny USA is really the best thing they have to offer and its not even good.
5. New York City: I think NYC is overated personally. Went to school here, and its just overhyped... it has some fun spots, but I grew sick of it quick.

I want to visit Seattle again, Provincetown MA, Austin TX (whats the hype), Las Vegas and San Diego!!

Old 02-11-2018, 03:15 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,779,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
my favorite cities ive been to in US/Canada

1. Boston: Might be biased, but hey its just an amazing affluent fun city to visit. Growing fast too.Food is amaaazing.
2. Miami: Theres nothing like Miami... beaches, cuban food and clubs.
3. Washington DC: I spend more time in Arlington and Georgetown .. which are beautiful. DC and its surroundings are vibrant and fun.
4. Chicago: I think Chicago is arguably one of the most exciting cities. Its gorgeous and has awesome pizza.
5. Vancouver: Vancouver was gorgeous... it is so lively and very very clean.

1. Philadelphia: Maybe its because I went in January, but it was incredibly boring.
4. Syracuse: Destiny USA is really the best thing they have to offer and its not even good.
5. New York City: I think NYC is overated personally. Went to school here, and its just overhyped... it has some fun spots, but I grew sick of it quick.

I want to visit Seattle again, Provincetown MA, Austin TX (whats the hype), Las Vegas and San Diego!!
January is definitely the wrong time to visit Philadelphia. Any other season other than winter. You literally missed all of the alfresco dining, for instance, by showing up in mid-winter.

Old 02-11-2018, 03:19 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,344,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookyhere View Post
Re: some of your choices.

I wouldn't call Montreal 'epic' so much as a very pleasant surprise as far as most north american cities are concerned. Very congenial well planned environment, some beautiful architecture ( which Toronto sorely lacks), grrreat food, safe and lively in summer. Quebec City in my personal opinion is epic; the architecture is on another level and the setting superb. I've got a real soft spot for la ville de Quebec.

Highly recommend Guanjuato; been there three times myself and i absolutely loved it.
I looked up Montreal online, seems very dense and well-planned. Can't wait to go, sadly it seems like a complicated place to travel to because both the train and the plane tickets to there are very expensive from New York. Quebec City looks stunning too, altho on a smaller scale

Any other cities you've been to in Mexico that you would recommend?

Old 02-11-2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:

The highlighted cities are not tourist cities. No one goes there unless they have work or family there. I would not wake up one day and say " Hey, it is spring break, let me go to Fort Wayne.". On the other hand cities like Boston, NYC, DC, Chicago and Philly might come up as tourist destinations, even in spring break time.

In fact Cherry blossom time is coming up in DC and I have always wanted to visit it during that time.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:35 PM

12,193 posts, read 8,072,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
The highlighted cities are not tourist cities. No one goes there unless they have work or family there. I would not wake up one day and say " Hey, it is spring break, let me go to Fort Wayne.". On the other hand cities like Boston, NYC, DC, Chicago and Philly might come up as tourist destinations, even in spring break time.

In fact Cherry blossom time is coming up in DC and I have always wanted to visit it during that time.
Well I dont, NOT like many cities .. so you are getting those in the list.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Well I dont, NOT like many cities .. so you are getting those in the list.
I have seen pretty much most major cities in USA except for Austin / San Antonio. Kansas city and Omaha if you include the middle USA. And Anchorage.
Now my ambition to see the National parks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World