Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 10:30 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,003,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanab View Post
See it all the time, we are all different and some people can't acknowledge that they are in the same bad situation as others and try to shine above all to feel special, it's not uncommon.

I had a friend who went from 5 years unemployment to a high paid job, he didn't get the job himself but some old friend hired him at his department, 2 months later he was like i am the big boy now and all others are losers that doesn't have a job, and he was the one crying and bitching all the time in the phone when he was unemployed, funny how things can change some peoples personality over night...
Exactly, that's why I decided not to accept the calls anymore from a guy who I considered a friend who would call me all the time bragging how everyone loves him at his new job and how he is getting so much control. Then he calls me and tells me he was laid off and wants to know how to reopen his claim. When I asked him a question about Tier 1 he didn't want to help me because he couldn't remember what he did for Tier 1. He was on Tier 1 in March and started working in April funny how his memory was so foggy.

So I made the decision to end the friendship last week and move on with my life. Also when I started working while he was still unemployed, I never called him to say anything because I knew his situation and was being considerate. That retard called me on DAY 1 of his new job at 1pm in the afternoon because someone who worked there knew me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 02:13 PM

644 posts, read 1,145,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanab View Post
What do you think about this:

I was scheduled a interview with a manager for a big corp one week ahead, the same day i was going to the interview i took a shower and made myself ready about an hour before i was going out the door.

Just before going out and close my door the phone was ringing and it was the manager i was going to meet, he told me that he has changed his mind and couldn't take any interview with me and blamed it on he was busy and such and he "might" get back to me for re-scheduling.

He never got back again, what a prick, this was like 4 years ago, it's not professional at all to call 1 hour before interview and cancel it.
Oh I've been through that. I was read for my interview. I came in early only to find out the manager wasn't coming in as he scheduled. He failed to call me to let me know he wasn't coming and ended up wasting my time. See this is the type of stuff I'm talking about. Yet people always want to blame others for being unemployed.

If you're not going to show up, then let the person know ahead of time. Inconsiderate I tell ya.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
It was so strange because it wasn't that long ago that she was posting as a unemployed person which was in May and now shr is a "employment expert after just one month and still in the probation period. It used to be another NUT on here who was always bragging how he moved from atlanta to seattle and making a nice salary. He must have been banned because he is no longer a member. I still want to know how can you boast when you were just in the same situation 15 mins ago?

I had a friend who started working in april and would call me to show off and how he is the man at the job and then in June he calls to ask me how do you reopen your claim because he was just laid off. So I think he is someone I'm done talking to because when I asked him about tier 1 of unemployment he all of a sudden couldn't remember but when ihe lost his job he needed help with reopening his claim. So it looks like everyone gets a big head when they start working
Haha, wow...they should remain humble unless they worked at that job for awihle, but putting down others. I know plenty of people like that. Karma will always get them though. You can't always have a big head for long and look down on others.

I had a friend like that too. He tried make me feel like crap because he moved from Charlotte to Michigan for a graphic designer job. He said I was "jealous," but he ended up getting fired only after maybe 2 months of working...LOL I believe he had to move in back with his father. I don't take happiness in other people's misery, but that's what some get for being so arrogant. Life has a funny way of knocking you back down again. I laughed and took joy in it because he intentional tried to make me feel bad.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro View Post
Way too many people always feeling like the victim. Adjust yourself to 2012 and do not sit back and act like it is 1995. As stated, companies set up practices and procedures for the best outcome for them. No longer do you go in to speak with the hiring manager w/o getting through a initial interview first. Too many applicants for the manager to worry about that.

Also, managers are not hiding and being secretive because they are afraid someone better will come a long. If a manager is indeed doing this, they you probably do not want to work there.

Any manager I have encountered is actually busy with work, projects etc...
You can't be that busy and getting that much work done only working 2-3 hours a day. Most of the ones I see aren't doing anything productive and are the worst interviewers. I've been to plenty of interviews where the managers were just absolutely unprofessional.

Nobody is feeling like the victim, we are simply making an observation. You are another, "Hey let's blame the unemployed for being losers!" poster.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
I just looked it up and 49 days ago she was accusing someone of bashing the unemployed-lol You know if she did this in July of 2013 it would look a lot better even though it would still be wrong but to be doing it just a month after being unemployed is the dumbest thing I ever seen.
Oh I hope she doesn't lose her job then...karma's not very nice.

With the attitude some people have on here, you would think they are rich or hit the jackpot. None of what they have is anything to brag about. Most people are a paycheck away from losing their jobs everyday.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:39 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,003,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.B.C.420 View Post
Oh I hope she doesn't lose her job then...karma's not very nice.

With the attitude some people have on here, you would think they are rich or hit the jackpot. None of what they have is anything to brag about. Most people are a paycheck away from losing their jobs everyday.
And she was always so supportive of me and other unemployed people on here which is why I was so shocked. I had to make sure it was the same person. Plus I wasn't used to being attacked because it hasn't happened in a while because the members below are no longer posting on the site

TKC11
STT Resident

Old 07-22-2012, 03:35 PM

640 posts, read 1,214,623 times
Massachusetts is supposed to have 6% unemployment rate but yet I just looked at a bunch of newspapers and the employment listings are empty except for 2 or 3 of the same corporate mega jobs being listed. Online job boards are no different. I've seen the same job postings for going on 2 years now. I speculate this is the same way in other states too. Everyone boasts about jobs but when you look around there is literally nothing. Couple that with the joke of a hiring process you have to go through these days for ALL jobs including minimum wager's and you can see why people are on the internet voicing their concerns. All the media big shots and the joe blow big shots slamming the unemployed should really put their money where there mouth is.

There is a reason why you see the same job postings for years on end. Contrary to popular sheeple belief, it's not because of lack of applicants. It's actually because the companies are corrupt and cheat employees, discriminate against disabilities, certain races, have insane requirements, treat employees like trash, etc.

One of my slogans is if you treat people like garbage you deserve whatever comes your way. The masses have been conditioned to believe that they can treat people however they want, and they don't have to take responsibility for their actions. Well it doesn't work that way folks. You should be expecting what you dish out to come back your way. That's one of the morals I live by and accept.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:39 PM

1,412 posts, read 4,484,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.B.C.420 View Post
You can't be that busy and getting that much work done only working 2-3 hours a day. Most of the ones I see aren't doing anything productive and are the worst interviewers. I've been to plenty of interviews where the managers were just absolutely unprofessional.

Nobody is feeling like the victim, we are simply making an observation. You are another, "Hey let's blame the unemployed for being losers!" poster.
You are assuming that is all they work. Also, I do not consider unemployed losers, I was there before as well. However, all these posts I see are only seeking like minded people to agree with them, and get aggravated when called out from those who think different.

People can state their observations and complain, but there is a way to do it without sounding like you think corporate America is out to get you. We want good employees, we want employes who understand their place, are innovative and can accept the culture they are going into. You talking to the hiring manager will get you nowhere since most employers are making sure they dot all the I's a nd crossing all the t's so keep lawsuits at the minimum.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:48 PM

640 posts, read 1,214,623 times
Yes, see, you do discriminate. You are Adolf Hitler and what you are doing to people is a form of eugenics.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
And she was always so supportive of me and other unemployed people on here which is why I was so shocked. I had to make sure it was the same person. Plus I wasn't used to being attacked because it hasn't happened in a while because the members below are no longer posting on the site

TKC11
STT Resident
I'm not surprised. Money changes people...even people who aren't even making that much. It would take a reality check...a bad one to humble them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment