Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 05:53 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,061,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.B.C.420 View Post
What is up with this nowadays? Why is it so exclusive to speak with the people who are responsible for the hiring process?
20 years ago, benefits like Health Care cost corps very little, the world was not flat yet (Love that Friedman book!) nearly to the extent of being global now, and managers had NO functions, other than managing. Corps could afford that inefficiency THAN.
Now, they have full time duties without considering managerial duties.

That is the reason one uses receptionists to block the gates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 05:57 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,802,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post

Pretty transparent.
Agreed.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:58 PM

644 posts, read 1,148,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthelpreturns View Post
This is like some kind of conspiracy with minimum wage against the american people. But then again those are a dime a dozen. The government ships the skilled jobs to china, they know people will have no choice but minimum wage, so they take it one step further and push all these hoops you have to jump through to get said minimum wage job. Then when you start questioning the system the joe blow public calls you lazy/blaming others/etc.....

Questioning the system is like criticizing a religion, you get all these people who wanna get beligerent...in fact this "system" is a religion....a slave religion, and when you start questioning it the fanatics of said slave religion jump out at you.
Exactly. I'm sick of people always blaming the have nots for the reason why they are in the situation. I'm making the efforts and doing what I'm supposed to be doing with the little bit of resources I have and trying to make something out of it. So people who want to assume I'm doing something wrong, well then they don't know my business as well as I do. People with jobs...well good for you, but it's not permanent. NO job is and that's what they have to realize. So people should be careful getting on their high horse before they want to critcize somebody who is perceived to be "beneath" them. I don't feel like I'm a piece of crap for being unemployed and I know deep down inside I'm doing my damnedest and doing what I'm supposed to do and that's all I can do.

People want to blame others, but the fact is like you said, it's the system that's flawed. Millions of people can't be lazy and wrong. Most people I know, including myself, cannot turn things around in this economy...the only the powers that be can. We can only do but so much.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:43 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,296,422 times
Quote:
That's exactly the what the elite wealthy want. The bottom always blaming the bottom for everything. Yeah as if I have any power over the recession.

You and andy are always around the corner to constantly put down unemployed people when you both are a paycheck away from every other unemployed person. Don't get a big head because everybody nowadays is at risk in this economy. Instead of putting down unemployed, maybe you should examine why there's millions of Americans who are unemployed and make the effort of getting a job, but can't. Millions of people can't be doing something wrong.

And she just started working in June and has a big head. The people on this board need help

Old 07-22-2012, 03:56 AM

644 posts, read 1,148,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
And she just started working in June and has a big head. The people on this board need help
Oh wow...that's way too early to have a big head. She still in what we call in the working world, "trial phase." That last for at least 3-6 months before they find a way to fire you. If they can't...then you're doing okay. She should come back 20 years from now and then post...oh whoops...most people I know can't keep a job that long nowadays.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:48 AM

69 posts, read 101,518 times
What do you think about this:

I was scheduled a interview with a manager for a big corp one week ahead, the same day i was going to the interview i took a shower and made myself ready about an hour before i was going out the door.

Just before going out and close my door the phone was ringing and it was the manager i was going to meet, he told me that he has changed his mind and couldn't take any interview with me and blamed it on he was busy and such and he "might" get back to me for re-scheduling.

He never got back again, what a prick, this was like 4 years ago, it's not professional at all to call 1 hour before interview and cancel it.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:03 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Oh wow...that's way too early to have a big head. She still in what we call in the working world, "trial phase." That last for at least 3-6 months before they find a way to fire you. If they can't...then you're doing okay. She should come back 20 years from now and then post...oh whoops...most people I know can't keep a job that long nowadays.
It was so strange because it wasn't that long ago that she was posting as a unemployed person which was in May and now shr is a "employment expert after just one month and still in the probation period. It used to be another NUT on here who was always bragging how he moved from atlanta to seattle and making a nice salary. He must have been banned because he is no longer a member. I still want to know how can you boast when you were just in the same situation 15 mins ago?

I had a friend who started working in april and would call me to show off and how he is the man at the job and then in June he calls to ask me how do you reopen your claim because he was just laid off. So I think he is someone I'm done talking to because when I asked him about tier 1 of unemployment he all of a sudden couldn't remember but when ihe lost his job he needed help with reopening his claim. So it looks like everyone gets a big head when they start working

Old 07-22-2012, 09:25 AM

1,412 posts, read 4,502,186 times
Way too many people always feeling like the victim. Adjust yourself to 2012 and do not sit back and act like it is 1995. As stated, companies set up practices and procedures for the best outcome for them. No longer do you go in to speak with the hiring manager w/o getting through a initial interview first. Too many applicants for the manager to worry about that.

Also, managers are not hiding and being secretive because they are afraid someone better will come a long. If a manager is indeed doing this, they you probably do not want to work there.

Any manager I have encountered is actually busy with work, projects etc...

Last edited by Momotaro; 07-22-2012 at 09:52 AM..

Old 07-22-2012, 10:01 AM
FBJ

Quote:

I just looked it up and 49 days ago she was accusing someone of bashing the unemployed-lol You know if she did this in July of 2013 it would look a lot better even though it would still be wrong but to be doing it just a month after being unemployed is the dumbest thing I ever seen.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:16 AM

69 posts, read 101,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
It was so strange because it wasn't that long ago that she was posting as a unemployed person which was in May and now shr is a "employment expert after just one month and still in the probation period. It used to be another NUT on here who was always bragging how he moved from atlanta to seattle and making a nice salary.
See it all the time, we are all different and some people can't acknowledge that they are in the same bad situation as others and try to shine above all to feel special, it's not uncommon.

I had a friend who went from 5 years unemployment to a high paid job, he didn't get the job himself but some old friend hired him at his department, 2 months later he was like i am the big boy now and all others are losers that doesn't have a job, and he was the one crying and bitching all the time in the phone when he was unemployed, funny how things can change some peoples personality over night...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment