Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 12:25 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,853,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
i dont want people touching my food so i use the DIY line when available. last time i bought some muffins the cashier was a smoker, i threw the muffins out

You mean your muffins weren't wrapped?

Gimme an effin break..............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 12:30 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,196,341 times
And unless the food magically appears on the shelf I'm pretty sure mutiple people touch it before the cashier.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:46 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,519,602 times
You could have given the muffins to someone that was truly hungry. I am pretty sure someone homeless and hungry doesn't give a flying fig if the cashier was a smoker or not.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:10 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,897,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
i dont want people touching my food so i use the DIY line when available. last time i bought some muffins the cashier was a smoker, i threw the muffins out
As former Food and beverage (Chef) hope you never eat out and grow all your own food...

Because if you saw the types that make up the back of the house nowadays you would die...

People in this country amaze me with their incredible shortsightedness...

Old 11-10-2010, 03:23 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,824,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
1. You're shopping at the wrong market.
Yeah the perfect place might be out there but for the time being I'm happy with my scanners and the occassional WalMart express lane.

Quote:
2. Rock-bottom prices. Great customer service. Choose only ONE...
I think that's the tail wagging the dog. Everyone believes it so they think that's the way it has to be. I don't believe it.

Quote:
In a related vein, the last time I used a self-checkout, I darn near ended up punching the clown waiting behind me because he was right on top of me as he waited; what an A**clown!!!
LOL. I love space invaders. No, really.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:07 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,853,447 times
I use self-checkout whenever possible, although unfortunately they don't have that many where I'm living now. I hate spending more time in line that I do shopping in the store, and many times that is what happens without self checkout.

As far as eliminating jobs goes, this may not be a popular opinion but I don't really care too much about whether a few low wage service industry jobs are cut. Those aren't really the kind of jobs that have a major impact on a community's economy.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:18 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,601,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
You mean your muffins weren't wrapped?

Gimme an effin break..............
got them in the bakery and put them into a baggie. cashier opened bag and breathed into it to count them

Old 11-10-2010, 04:19 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,519,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_cuyler View Post
I use self-checkout whenever possible, although unfortunately they don't have that many where I'm living now. I hate spending more time in line that I do shopping in the store, and many times that is what happens without self checkout.

As far as eliminating jobs goes, this may not be a popular opinion but I don't really care too much about whether a few low wage service industry jobs are cut. Those aren't really the kind of jobs that have a major impact on a community's economy.
You know what those few low wage service industry jobs still put food on the table and keep somebody from having to go on welfare or worse yet live on the streets. As far as having an impact on a community those low paying jobs still generate a tax base to keep the community going.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:20 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,601,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
As former Food and beverage (Chef) hope you never eat out and grow all your own food...

Because if you saw the types that make up the back of the house nowadays you would die...

People in this country amaze me with their incredible shortsightedness...
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
And unless the food magically appears on the shelf I'm pretty sure mutiple people touch it before the cashier.
its psychological for me

Old 11-10-2010, 04:23 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,824,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
You know what those few low wage service industry jobs still put food on the table and keep somebody from having to go on welfare or worse yet live on the streets. As far as having an impact on a community those low paying jobs still generate a tax base to keep the community going.
Exactly. I don't believe in using a service or product for the sake of employing people because I consider it degrading to everyone involved but every single job has value in both money and quality of life for people serving and served.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment