Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 08:51 AM

440 posts, read 1,094,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza899vt View Post
Ah well, last visit we fell in love and now have a contract to purchase a beautiful house on 12 acres with views and trails in little Mill Spring. Seems like a very quiet place to live and get to know the folks in your community. Thanks so much for all your help. I will post a new thread with a few questions maybe you can help with.

I am a little late to the party LOL Did you get the 2nd house..? (little mill spring)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2021, 09:00 AM

33 posts, read 39,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintedLady View Post
I am a little late to the party LOL Did you get the 2nd house..? (little mill spring)
Yes we did!! We closed on May 6. It is a beautiful area and we love the little town of Mill Spring, as well as the close proximity of Columbus, Tryon and Landrum. It is a wonderful location for us, rural, but amenities within a half hour or 'big city' of Hendersonville 45 minutes drive. Had our first bear on the property last week!

Old 09-22-2021, 09:30 AM

831 posts, read 334,471 times
Quote:
Wondering what the town of Franklin, NC is like (apologies if I should post elsewhere, my first post!). We love Brevard, Saluda, Black Mountain, Cashiers vibe....anything like those towns? Nearest bigger town? Is Franklin artsy? Just starting to research, so any info would be wonderful. Thank you!!!
I lived in Franklin, twice. I absolutely loved it there. It is on my short list to return to once I graduate college next spring. Yes very artsy, very close community, lot of festivals and community events happening. It's everything I personally wanted in a small town. Nearest bigger town is Waynesville and even bigger would be Asheville which are 30 miles and 60 miles away.

Old 09-22-2021, 09:33 AM

831 posts, read 334,471 times
Quote:
We are both retired several years. He is 62, I am turning 60 in February. We garden, bicycle, he loves having a wood lot to harvest, I am avid reader and short distance runner, like yin yoga and fitness classes, we like seeking waterfalls and smaller hikes these days. Kids and our one grandson all live in other states. We did like traveling a bit. Grew up in rural Maine (me), he grew up in farming end of Long Island (rural). I raised my daughter in Vermont in a town of roughly 2000 under the mountain. We like a small community, tho I do appreciate the convenience of a bigger place. It would be nice to have a Lowe's within a half hour or so and a health food market (tho that is more for the vibe, we rarely go to one lol). Appreciate your replies!
Franklin has the greenway that is GREAT for jogging and biking. MANY trails to ride on as well.

Old 10-06-2021, 12:44 PM

33 posts, read 39,423 times
Is there a way to close this thread I started? I bought a house in WNC and no longer need info on Franklin. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina