Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2021, 07:02 PM

33 posts, read 39,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911michael View Post
Sylva is not far from Franklin and Dillsboro is right next to Sylva so you could check out both. Try the Haywood Smokehouse in Dillsboro if you get there.
Marvelous! Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2021, 04:49 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,082,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza899vt View Post
Wondering what the town of Franklin, NC is like (apologies if I should post elsewhere, my first post!). We love Brevard, Saluda, Black Mountain, Cashiers vibe....anything like those towns? Nearest bigger town? Is Franklin artsy? Just starting to research, so any info would be wonderful. Thank you!!!
Franklin is not artsy and is full of retirees. There isn't much there and it really is small. I feel it's kind of far away from things as well. I second Sylva or even Waynesville over it for sure. Burnsville can be an option too. Black Mountain is my favorite. I also like Hendersonville but maybe too big for the OP.

Old 02-03-2021, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Franklin is not artsy and is full of retirees. There isn't much there and it really is small. I feel it's kind of far away from things as well. I second Sylva or even Waynesville over it for sure. Burnsville can be an option too. Black Mountain is my favorite. I also like Hendersonville but maybe too big for the OP.

Love Black Mountain.Hendersonville is great, but big for us. We will check out the other towns this trip coming up this weekend. Thank you!

Old 02-03-2021, 05:55 PM

6,633 posts, read 4,310,343 times
Quote:
Love Black Mountain.Hendersonville is great, but big for us. We will check out the other towns this trip coming up this weekend. Thank you!
Among other things, Hendersonville has a great location, convenient to Brevard, Asheville, Greenville, SC, and Spartanburg is only about an hour's drive. We live slightly southwest of Hendersonville on the Brevard side and love it. The drive from our house to Brevard through the rural country side is very scenic. I like Black Mountain too - it is in a more mountainous location and is smaller, and fairly close to Asheville.

Old 02-03-2021, 05:57 PM

We think Brevard is spectacular, just love the vibe of it. And white squirrels!!

Old 02-04-2021, 10:58 AM

7 posts, read 15,247 times
Default Franklin

We live in St Pete and own a house about 10 mins NW of Franklin near the Macon Co Airport. Beautiful 1 level 3/3 house with 45 acres, 900' of beautiful creek with trout. There is a bridge with electric gate over the creek and 4000' long driveway. Huge garden area with green house. About 15 mins from Ingles grocery store (better than publix) and the same to Lowes. We may be selling this summer. Not sure what your budget is. If you are like us and mainly just go to town for groceries and Lowes and a restaurant now and then it should fit the bill. Beautiful area low crime and quiet.

Old 02-04-2021, 11:17 AM

We are heading out for a visit this weekend! Pm me any details if you would like! Thank you!

Old 02-06-2021, 06:56 AM

1,912 posts, read 3,226,562 times
Another area to look into is Linville falls...rural but close to Banner Elk for artsy and areas around Blowing Rock...art in the park festivals etc....I'm in linvillle area...farm, a few acres, horses...I love it!!!!

Old 02-06-2021, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveLoveLaugh View Post
Another area to look into is Linville falls...rural but close to Banner Elk for artsy and areas around Blowing Rock...art in the park festivals etc....I'm in linvillle area...farm, a few acres, horses...I love it!!!!
Thank you for the suggestion!!

We visited Sylva, Dillsboro, Cullowee and Franklin yesterday. The area around Franklin and Sylva is just gorgeous, love the farmland. Are visiting more areas today.

Thank you everyone for your input, am closing the topic as my questions were answered....if I can figure out how!

Old 02-06-2021, 02:58 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,082,798 times
Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion!!

We visited Sylva, Dillsboro, Cullowee and Franklin yesterday. The area around Franklin and Sylva is just gorgeous, love the farmland. Are visiting more areas today.

Thank you everyone for your input, am closing the topic as my questions were answered....if I can figure out how!
Please keep us updated and what you like/don't about the areas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina